Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi Guy’s,
I went through the Bronco TK sheet and noticed this options for the wild track can any one please explain the difference?
Ford Bronco Molded/Modular Hard Top and Dual? What is the di 23E92751-E184-4C50-A22A-7A2DFD1D786F
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is the question?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Guy’s,
I went through the Bronco TK sheet and noticed this options for the wild track can any one please explain the difference?
23E92751-E184-4C50-A22A-7A2DFD1D786F.jpeg
-Molded is the grey one you see on pics in here. removable front section.
-Modular comes with several upgrades for the 4 door. removable panels above driver and passenger (separate), removable rear seat panel, removable rear side glass.
Dual tops means you get the hard top AND the soft top (4 door). Currently no Factory soft top for 2 door.
ALL hard tops can be completely removed. Modular makes it have more configurations and a lighter rear cube (without the glass in it).

texasgreazer

Heritage
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2019 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The modular consists of more removable pieces, and I believe can be had painted.

I'm confused on the dual myself-I've seen images of the Bronco with a soft top over the front row folded/opened back with a hardtop shell from there to the back. So, is the DUAL a combination of the two in one, or is it actually a COMPLETE soft and complete hard that can simply be configured with pieces of each?

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Guy’s,
23E92751-E184-4C50-A22A-7A2DFD1D786F.jpeg
Molded is the molded-in-color gray hard top. Not an option on the Wildtrak. On the 4-door, the MIC top has two removable panels over the front seats and one removable panel over the back seats. On the 2-door, the MIC top has two removable panels over the front seats.

The Wildtrak comes with the black-painted modular hard top. On the 4-door, the modular top has two removable panels over the front seats and one removable panel over the back seats plus removable rear quarter windows. On the 2-door, the MIC top has two removable panels over the front seats and one removable panel over the back seats.

Dual tops means you get both a hard top and a soft top.

So, is the DUAL a combination of the two in one, or is it actually a COMPLETE soft and complete hard that can simply be configured with pieces of each?
A complete hard top and a complete soft top. You have to remove one to use the other. The front row soft top you're referring to is the Bestop Sunrider for Hard Top, an $850 (or so) accessory.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope the dual option is with the modular... but not sure that has been confirmed. If not, I'm going with the modular and will wait for a soft top aftermarket option.

OP
OP

ADBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Molded is the molded-in-color gray hard top. Not an option on the Wildtrak. On the 4-door, the MIC top has two removable panels over the front seats and one removable panel over the back seats. On the 2-door, the MIC top has two removable panels over the front seats.

The Wildtrak comes with the black-painted modular hard top. On the 4-door, the modular top has two removable panels over the front seats and one removable panel over the back seats plus removable rear quarter windows. On the 2-door, the MIC top has two removable panels over the front seats and one removable panel over the back seats.

Dual tops means you get both a hard top and a soft top.

A complete hard top and a complete soft top. You have to remove one to use the other. The front row soft top you're referring to is the Bestop Sunrider for Hard Top, an $850 (or so) accessory.
Thanks for the info really appreciated I’m more familiar with the MIC option but what about the molded for the other Broncos what are the main difference?

OP
OP

ADBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
-Molded is the grey one you see on pics in here. removable front section.
-Modular comes with several upgrades for the 4 door. removable panels above driver and passenger (separate), removable rear seat panel, removable rear side glass.
Dual tops means you get the hard top AND the soft top (4 door). Currently no Factory soft top for 2 door.
ALL hard tops can be completely removed. Modular makes it have more configurations and a lighter rear cube (without the glass in it).
Thanks alot this info really helps, Do you know if the molded means solid hard top than other options?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks alot this info really helps, Do you know if the molded means solid hard top than other options?
All tops are the same configuration, drivers and passengers pieces, back seat piece on 4 dr, and clamshell.

Modular adds gloss black paint, or body color, removable clamshell windows on 4 dr, with gunners hatch on 2 dr clamshell instead of removable windows.

MIC is color molded fiberglass, like a black Jeep hardtop.

You could have found all this with a simple search.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

ADBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All tops are the same configuration, drvr and pass pieces, back seat piece on 4 dr, and clamshell.

Modular add gloss black paint, or body color, removable clamshell windows on 4 dr, and gunners hatch on 2 dr clamshell.

MIC is color molded fiberglass, like a black Jeep hardtop.

You could have found all this with a simple search.

Thanks for the reply I’m pretty sure that your self not sure of the difference I advise u to watch this video by Bronco nation explaining the outer banks options

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/video-4door-tailgate-and-modular-hard-top.3827/

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the reply I’m pretty sure that your self not sure of the difference I advise u to watch this video by Bronco nation explaining the outer banks options

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/video-4door-tailgate-and-modular-hard-top.3827/
There is nothing in that video that remotely contradicts what I've just told you.

Unless you're talking about the Bestop ACCESORY front soft panel which by very nature of the fact that it's called an accessory means it does not come with the modular top.

You came here seeking knowledge.. You have at least 3 or 4 people TRYING to help you. You got the same answer from all of them.

And now that info must just be wrong.

GTFO with that kind of attitude.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's called "molded" because the color is like grey mold

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The MIC is PMMA not fiberglass. It is much lighter than a Wrangler hardtop. It does have a thin layer of fiberglass inside, but the exterior is molded thermoplastic.
Correct. My mistake. I'm old and forget about modern materials sometimes.
Thankyou for the correction.
Sponsored