Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Durango to Grand Junction last weekend. Mix of mountain passes and flat highway, so lots of climbing but lots of coasting as well. Also elevations over 10k feet.

ETA: 2.7, 87 octane, mix of sport in the mountains and normal on the highway.

More to the point, I definitely noticed a bump in mpg at around 2500 miles.

Ford Bronco Mongos mpg balls finally dropped 19mpg PXL_20230520_165730576
Sponsored

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Eco mode in the manual is useless, all it does is make the Bronco less enjoyable to drive. I've tried alll 3 road modes, the normal, eco and sport, and found sport is the best. I can't say it makes much difference to MPG's but big difference to performance.
I'm getting 17.9. 2,3 7MT, mostly a 10 miles commute with hills, not so much traffic. Out on the road at 55-65, I'm getting mid 20's and on the freeway at 75-80 it's back down to 19-19. Apparently pushing a brick down the road at high speed takes some energy.

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Eco mode in the manual is useless, all it does is make the Bronco less enjoyable to drive. I've tried alll 3 road modes, the normal, eco and sport, and found sport is the best. I can't say it makes much difference to MPG's but big difference to performance.
I'm getting 17.9. 2,3 7MT, mostly a 10 miles commute with hills, not so much traffic. Out on the road at 55-65, I'm getting mid 20's and on the freeway at 75-80 it's back down to 19-19. Apparently pushing a brick down the road at high speed takes some energy.
Yup the ECO mode for me I get less mpg…. And the sport if I engage it at a stop or low speed it engages 4hight like a tard…. So I don’t even use sport.

After selling the Maverick Mongo is my daily now…. So every gallon matters. 18 street 21 hwy mpg on a off-roader is amazing bargain.

My v6 Tacoma off road turd could only muster 17 at best. So glad I had leased in 2019 and not bought it. I hated that truck… and when I see the new gen turds on the road I cant help but feel sorry for their owners .

After gen 3 those toy’s became turds.

aside from the frameless windows that rattle the Bronco is a zero complaint vehicle so far.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m only getting about 14mpg’s with my 2-door MT Badlands on 37’s.
The struggle is Real.

(Recent trip to Mexico)
Ford Bronco Mongos mpg balls finally dropped 19mpg IMG_7960

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just hit 1000 miles and my mpg keeps going up. Right now, we are transitioning into the summer fuel which usually nets 1-2 mpg better than winter fuel so you have to take that into consideration as well. My current tank is showing 18.4 mpg (the computer) on my base 2 door 2.7 SAS so I'm pretty happy with that number. I don't get on the highway much at all so my driving is mostly 25-45 mph roads. My overall mpg is right around 17 mpg so far but I got the truck in Feb so I had a couple of months of winter gas to begin with and the initial break-in. I'm running 35x12.5x17 BFG KM3's so a bit heavier than the stock Goodyears but I don't think they are hurting mpg at all.

Ford Bronco Mongos mpg balls finally dropped 19mpg bronco_comp2