2012 Mustang GT, 2020 Subaru Forester Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My last three cars have been…
Pepper White MINI S
Black/Red Accents MINI JCW
now driving… Kona Blue Mustang GT

IMO it's not even close my current ride (Kona Blue Mustang) is the best looking car I've driven. I've never driven a "blue" or color car previous except a red MGB during college.

This is a pretty easy choice for me. My grandfather had a red two-tone Bronco when I was a young kid. Pretty sure the paint color was Poppy Red.

I've put my colors of choice into three buckets - in order;
Race Red/Rapid Red
Velocity Blue/AMB
Area 51/Cactus Gray

This thread brings up some really good points. If my wife was leading the purchase of our Bronco her color choices in order;
Iconic SIlver
Carbonized Gray
Shadow Black

She hates 'color' cars - not a fan of my Mustang's color, oddly also hated the oxford white Mustang I almost purchased.

Living in South Carolina - in a Sunshine state - brighter color-shifting colors come to life.
I'm on the fence on AMB until I see that color in person.
Sponsored

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am half color blind. So after sorting through all the options I may be picking green. The base 2 door in black and wrap it in green vinyl. Unless the B&P offers a green paint.

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 9.28.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 12.47.42 AM.png
If only these colors would be available! I would gladly pay extra for a "Green" option! Come on Ford, if you are "Listening" give us the green that we all want for our 2021 models! Going to be pissed when those who made "Late Resevations" and are going to be getting 2022 models get green color choices on their 2022's!

Last edited:

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to be that guy and say that monochromatic only means "one (mono) color".

Race red is monochromatic, while metallic silver is not. A color like area 51 is no more or less monochromatic than race red, but it is heavily toned (my guess anyway, neutral grey as been added to some hue of blue).

Hue (any single color, but not white, black or grey) can be extended by adding tint (white), shade (black) and/or tone (grey) - but doing so would still produce a monochromatic color.

"Desaturated" might be a better way of describing current car color trends.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with you on the “Monochromatics”. With base fender flares and roof in carbonized grey or black; a splash of color is exactly what is needed - and is more in “keeping in line” with the retro / re-mod / true Gen 1 descendent vibe of the 2021 Bronco. I would make a color choice with that in mind; using original Gen 1 Bronco colors for inspiration. To me, A51 pays tribute to the distinctive ‘67 MY Frost Turquoise, underlining or perhaps highlighting the lineage of the Bronco.
B1990559-25E6-4519-A052-039F8EED31CA.jpeg
If Area 51 is a blue, I would consider it. Too often it looks like a gray, though.

Disappointing it is so unclear.

That being said the gray roof/flares are a huge influence on color choice. Some shades don't go well with that crappy choice.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If Area 51 is a blue, I would consider it. Too often it looks like a gray, though.
Area 51 is like looking up at the most beautiful blue sky ever....through the worst LA air pollution day ever

Sponsored

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If only these colors would be available! I would gladly pay extra for a "Green" option! Come on Ford, if you are "Listening" give us the green that we all want for our 2021 models! Going to be pissed when those who made "Late Resevations" and are going to be getting 2022 models get green color choices on their 2022's!

Yep, just go paint another one or two more of those gas cans in green. We already have three shades of Yikes blue.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model