First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the rise of gas prices (not getting into any political viewpoints or more than that), what are people paying on average per month for their ride? I'm coming from a Hyundai Sonata that gets 33MPG and worried I will break the bank just trying to fuel my dream ride. I like to budget and would love a ballpark idea!
I can get an increase in HP in my 2.3 Manual if I use Premium gas. Unfortunately I already have a home equity loan so I can't buy Premium. lol

2PT7

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There's a lot of variables to your question including fuel octane, type of driving (city or hwy), commute distance, regional prices, engine, etc. For my 2-door 2.7l w/Sasquatch, I'm probably spending $120 per month as I don't have a commute (mostly errands and leisure driving).

There are many ways to maximize fuel economy including using Eco mode and setting cruise control on hwy. I did a test using the above and averaged 21 mpg over 100 miles this last weekend.

fuel.jpg

You've convinced me to try eco lol I drive about 110 miles a day and have been averaging 17.4... been filing up at about $65 every two days ($75 this morning)

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You've convinced me to try eco lol I drive about 110 miles a day and have been averaging 17.4... been filing up at about $65 every two days ($75 this morning)
Iā€™m trying to sip gas, using eco, coast for a half mile if I see the light is red, try not to exceed 70 mph, using cruise, using stop/start, and Iā€™m at 17.2 with my 2.7 base Sasquatch 4 door. Iā€™m thinking that 20+ mpg is downhill both ways šŸ˜‚

edit: we have done more city time than highway and have mostly had the top partially back, fully back, or soft windows removed. Not sure what that does to gas mileage but itā€™s great for smiles per mile

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm averaging 15.5 city only. My commute is 8 city miles round trip. So as far as getting to work, gas increases mean almost nothing. It's the pleasure driving that hurts.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my real life testing, I've got worse MPG on eco than normal. Go figure. I can spend as low as $50/ month on gas. Depends if I go on any long drives on the weekends.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jon, I don't even look. It would probaly scare me so bad I would (God forbid) go out and buy a Prius. :eek: :cool:

Disclaimer: I don't have my Bronco yet, but I do have a Wrangler. :)
Not even kidding, I'm looking for a Honda, Toyota ect. Little car to drive back and forth to work. Not just gas mileage but parking in DC isn't exactly easy either. I've already hit a sprinkler pipe, didn't break anything( my building, I'm the onsite engineer and would have had to fix the pipe anyway) about ten minutes with a magic eraser got the red paint off the top. Be very careful with Sasquatch in parking garages

Sponsored

jaboticaba

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3 Chevy Truck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the rise of gas prices (not getting into any political viewpoints or more than that), what are people paying on average per month for their ride? I'm coming from a Hyundai Sonata that gets 33MPG and worried I will break the bank just trying to fuel my dream ride. I like to budget and would love a ballpark idea!
If you drive 250 miles a week, 18MPG, $4/Gal, $55 week
drive 250 miles a week, 18MPG, $5/Gal, $70 week
drive 250 miles a week, 18MPG, $6/Gal, $83 week
drive 300 miles a week, 18MPG, $4/Gal, $66 week
drive 300 miles a week, 18MPG, $5/Gal, $83 week
drive 250 miles a week, 18MPG, $6/Gal, $100 week

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People making this waaaaaaaaaay to complicated

You are about to halve your MPG. 0 Variables to account for, your fuel consumption will double.

What gas prices (and therefore your cost) will do is anyone's guess.
I was just going to say this. Whatever you are going to be paying for gas in your current car today, double it.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This thread is interesting. Talking about fuel efficiency and also talking about a Bronco or frankly, any other off road capable vehicle, seems like such an oxymoron. The two concepts really do not go together in the same sentence. Repeat after me, "We do not buy Broncos for fuel efficiency." I made that mistake long ago...while in grad school and pinching pennies in the early 90s, I had a momentary lapse of reason and sold my '89 Bronco to save money on gas. Reality was it got about 11-12 mpg; if memory serves, that was a 5.8L V-8 monster of a machine. But, now, I look back and realize how short sighted I was in that brief moment of life. Wish I still had that beast (even if the current smaller engine puts out nearly twice the hp).

Last edited:

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Last tank I was able to squeak out 22.5MPG driving normally, few days with the top down and a few trips in sport mode. Did cost me almost 70 bucks to get 13 gallons this morning. I am going to experiment this tank and see auto start stop does anything to improve that but other than that just going to keep on driving.
Sponsored