Sponsored

Moonroof / donut hole on the 2 door hard top at Celebration?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I actually am wondering myself if the 2 dr side windows are removable as they are much longer than those on the 4dr. The windows aren't actually installed until the roof reach the Ford plant so I have no idea if they are or not.
Hmm well that's a bummer if true. Seems like removable rear windows would be far more useful on a 2-door.
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2 door removable windows has been confirmed to NOT be removable by another Ford rep so we will wait and see.
Well that would certainly be a bummer. That was part of my justification of the $1900 for the top.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't imagine an instance where I would use the removable windows. I have to open the rear glass just to remove the window. So my arm is already inside the truck with the rear glass open. I also have to find a safe place to put the glass so it doesn't get broken while it's out. Watch someone will put it on the roof, forget about it, and drive off with it still up there.

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can't imagine an instance where I would use the removable windows. I have to open the rear glass just to remove the window. So my arm is already inside the truck with the rear glass open. I also have to find a safe place to put the glass so it doesn't get broken while it's out. Watch someone will put it on the roof, forget about it, and drive off with it still up there.
My thoughts are on the two door, so for those days you want the topless experience, and are feeling lazy not wanting to take the top off, or are alone and can't take it off by yourself. You could pop the front seats top(s) out, the port hole above the rears and the side windows, doors and be set. Or you could take the doors and side windows off, but have the roof on for some shade. Options, just like the options. (y)

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ideally I'd like to pop the rear windows off the 2-dr, remove the way back glass and clean up the edge with a printed trim panel, and that turns it into a hard bimini top. I think that'd look sweet on a VB or Race Red with a painted white top.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
3C093890-9C97-4994-8338-86C9A62B3729.jpeg

This is a screen grab from the Last Line of Defense video. Maybe we’ve covered and I’ve missed it, but this hatch has only seemed like speculation or renders until now.
Great screen grab!

That hole is going to be a pain in the ass to open and close
4 thumb screws that you have to fully detach, hopefully you can reach them all from one spot and not have to move all over to reach them. Then you have to rescrew them into something else or you'll have those brackets just flying around

I just push a button and my sunroof opens, I don't even have to hold the button down..... But I'm not off road capable

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great screen grab!

4 thumb screws that you have to fully detach, hopefully you can reach them all from one spot and not have to move all over to reach them. Then you have to rescrew them into something else or you'll have those brackets just flying around

I just push a button and my sunroof opens, I don't even have to hold the button down..... But I'm not off road capable
Nice eye; I glossed over those pictures. Aren't the other panels, like the front two, just pivoting latches?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hmm well that's a bummer if true. Seems like removable rear windows would be far more useful on a 2-door.
A rear sliding window would be more useful but they didn't ask me.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door removable windows has been confirmed to NOT be removable by another Ford rep so we will wait and see.
This is not true. The 2-door will have removable windows on the modular roof. So much disinformation on this site. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm the exact opposite of some I guess. I could see removing the side windows and back glass but never taking out the donut hole.

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great screen grab!

I would assume the thumb screws just loosen the pivot point of the bracket. Then turn the bracket towards the filler section to remove. The screws and all of the black pieces stay with the removed section.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would assume the thumb screws just loosen the pivot point of the bracket. Then turn the bracket towards the filler section to remove. The screws and all of the black pieces stay with the removed section.
Zooming in I could see that being the case, it'd just leave small cylindrical sections remaining on the inside of the top, good eyes!

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems like the removable windows in the mod top are an opportunity for aftermarket accessories. Shallow, exterior accessible container, interior gear storage/organizing. Like a non-protruding or less protruding version of the box on the new defender? Who knows, but I like having the option to either tinker myself or see what folks produce. I can imagine a range of options that all share the same quick detach mechanism, so it's easy to go from window to recovery gear or fire extinguisher and first aid kit, etc.

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seems like the removable windows in the mod top are an opportunity for aftermarket accessories. Shallow, exterior accessible container, interior gear storage/organizing. Like a non-protruding or less protruding version of the box on the new defender? Who knows, but I like having the option to either tinker myself or see what folks produce. I can imagine a range of options that all share the same quick detach mechanism, so it's easy to go from window to recovery gear or fire extinguisher and first aid kit, etc.
I like this thought but you could go even further. Rather than a shallow or non-protruding storage box, make it actually stick out a bit, even maybe open into the interior. This would be an easy way to get cheap cargo space (but would affect your width going down trails).

[Lightbulb] Ok hear me out. XL cubby boxes that you can attach in place of the modular windows, maybe they are 2 ft. deep. Voila, you now have a place to sleep in your 2-dr Bronco. Stick your head in one cubby and your feet in the other, bridge the gap with your homemade plywood cot and you have a nice 8 ft. long sleeping platform. Cubbies would stack together (or make them slide in/out like camper slideouts) for the ride home so you're not hitting every tree with them on the way out. I need someone with real photoshop skills to bring this vision to life.
Sponsored

Last edited: