Sponsored

Moonroof / donut hole on the 2 door hard top at Celebration?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ohhhhh, you just made me picture my 4 door bronco with a big moonroof over the 2 rows of seats. I know it would be heavy AF but I would buy the shit out of that.
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you did miss it, this has been called the donut hole, machine gun turret, all kinds of funny names. This is also the "modular" part of the modular painted hardtop. Molded plastic top does not have it.

Confused about the painted top being the only one to have this feature... Ford shows it on the MIG hard top for the 2-door. No?

Ford Bronco Moonroof / donut hole on the 2 door hard top at Celebration? 1599968240376

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's just a rendering, no such option exists with the 2dr MIC top.
I'll hold my breath for more information. Too much back and forth at this point.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'll hold my breath for more information. Too much back and forth at this point.
Plenty of real world pics showing the differences. Molded definitely does not get the donut hole.

40518CA4-E6C5-428A-B83E-13540C759DC1.jpeg

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confused about the painted top being the only one to have this feature... Ford shows it on the MIG hard top for the 2-door. No?

Ford Bronco Moonroof / donut hole on the 2 door hard top at Celebration? 40518CA4-E6C5-428A-B83E-13540C759DC1
That's just a rendering, no such option exists with the 2dr MIC top.
Not only that, when that rendering was first up, it showed the 2DR with a body color hard top (thus shown as the modular unit). They've since recolored it to look like the MIC top, but didn't change the image itself.

Sponsored

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like poop,do not want that turret hatch unless it comes with a 50 cal mounted

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. It was confirmed at the NYSE event by one of the reps that the 2dr would have removable windows as well, however the painted tops on the 2 doors that have been built so far were missing that feature, but they would be there at production.
I sure hope you're right!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So Ive looked into this. My source was a guy on Facebook who said a Ford rep told him at the media day the removable glass was for the 4 door only. Your source was a guy on here who said a Ford rep told him it was for both. The guy who works at the top maker isn't sure. I'm going to file this under not verified yet. Looking at the two tops, its easy to see why the two door might not be removable, its is pretty damn big. Without the removable glass on the 4 door they would have nothing to call it "modular", the molded plastic and painted tops would function the same. Hopefully it is removable on the 2 door, and with a couple differences between the molded and modular top, calling it modular would make more sense.
Yeah, the glass is too big and awkward to remove. Then remembering Ford engineered the DOORS to be removable by a single person. ?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

C2C1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man, I wish that “Donut Hole” was on the 4-Door over the backseats, then I could turn it into a turret.
Sponsored