Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This wasn't my intent going in, I really wanted the First Edition. During the reveal, I got one reserved in about the first 3 minutes, I was so excited to have such a good place in line considering all the issues people were having. However while following the forums, it looks like the height with the Sasquatch suspension would make it taller than my garage door opening, which is 76in max tall. My first reaction was just gonna have to get a new, taller door, but that's not really an option....As reason settled in, I accepted that I would just need to modify my reservation at time of ordering down to a Badlands without the Sasquatch package, which should barely fit if current numbers are right.

Not wanting to box myself in, I put in a second reservation for a Badlands and now hold both. My thinking is the deposit on both is refundable as I figure out what to do, but the 2nd reservation was just last week, so its way in the back of the line.

So my options look like:
1) Switch the FE for BL at time of order and keep my good position in line, then cancel/refund the 2nd reservation.
2) Cancel the FE reservation and wait out the BL, which isn't so bad since any manufacturing issues should be solved by then. Unless that wait is until 2022...
3) or.....

The moral dilemma came in when thinking about the FE reservation, since I cant get the FE myself. It seems unfortunate to let an FE go to waste, many people here want one and missed out. I am not interested in flipping it for a profit, seems too risky since the limit went up to 7000. But if I keep the reservation, I could give it to someone who really wants it. Im not sure how the transaction would take place, but it would require cash in escrow covering 100% of total cost with tax and fees. To be upfront, I also dont want to wait until 2022 if thats how long my 2nd reservation would take. If that were the case, I would change my 1st reservation from FE to BL.

Since that's complicated, I had another idea of offering it to the dealer, since I'm sure they would want it. I'm sure they would love to put an ADM on it. Maybe if I agreed to the FE order, and agreed to back out when it arrived, that would motivate them to give me a better deal on the 2nd order of the Badlands. That got me thinking....most of the talk around here is that all reservations will be fulfilled before dealers get stock units, unless I'm mistaken. Wouldn't that make excess reservations extremely valuable to dealerships? Rather then giving them up, wouldn't holders want to leverage them for their first orders?

I'm posting this here so we can all discuss. I dont buy things on speculation and try to flip them for a profit. The best outcome is that someone who wants an FE can get it, but its a lot of money and risk to two people who dont know each other. While the easier route is to promise the FE to the dealer in exchange for something on my 2nd order, feels kind of dirty since I assume they will put an ADM on it.

With the multiple reservations many are holding, is this something anyone else is thinking about?
Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My suggestion: Sit tight until its time to make a decision. A lot can happen between now and then... life has a way of making you change plans. If I were you, I would keep both the way they are.

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
This wasn't my intent going in, I really wanted the First Edition. During the reveal, I got one reserved in about the first 3 minutes, I was so excited to have such a good place in line considering all the issues people were having. However while following the forums, it looks like the height with the Sasquatch suspension would make it taller than my garage door opening, which is 76in max tall. My first reaction was just gonna have to get a new, taller door, but that's not really an option....As reason settled in, I accepted that I would just need to modify my reservation at time of ordering down to a Badlands without the Sasquatch package, which should barely fit if current numbers are right.

Not wanting to box myself in, I put in a second reservation for a Badlands and now hold both. My thinking is the deposit on both is refundable as I figure out what to do, but the 2nd reservation was just last week, so its way in the back of the line.

So my options look like:
1) Switch the FE for BL at time of order and keep my good position in line, then cancel/refund the 2nd reservation.
2) Cancel the FE reservation and wait out the BL, which isn't so bad since any manufacturing issues should be solved by then. Unless that wait is until 2022...
3) or.....

The moral dilemma came in when thinking about the FE reservation, since I cant get the FE myself. It seems unfortunate to let an FE go to waste, many people here want one and missed out. I am not interested in flipping it for a profit, seems too risky since the limit went up to 7000. But if I keep the reservation, I could give it to someone who really wants it. Im not sure how the transaction would take place, but it would require cash in escrow covering 100% of total cost with tax and fees. To be upfront, I also dont want to wait until 2022 if thats how long my 2nd reservation would take. If that were the case, I would change my 1st reservation from FE to BL.

Since that's complicated, I had another idea of offering it to the dealer, since I'm sure they would want it. I'm sure they would love to put an ADM on it. Maybe if I agreed to the FE order, and agreed to back out when it arrived, that would motivate them to give me a better deal on the 2nd order of the Badlands. That got me thinking....most of the talk around here is that all reservations will be fulfilled before dealers get stock units, unless I'm mistaken. Wouldn't that make excess reservations extremely valuable to dealerships? Rather then giving them up, wouldn't holders want to leverage them for their first orders?

I'm posting this here so we can all discuss. I dont buy things on speculation and try to flip them for a profit. The best outcome is that someone who wants an FE can get it, but its a lot of money and risk to two people who dont know each other. While the easier route is to promise the FE to the dealer in exchange for something on my 2nd order, feels kind of dirty since I assume they will put an ADM on it.

With the multiple reservations many are holding, is this something anyone else is thinking about?
Too many moving parts....lots of peril

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a dealer we cannot have too many sold order cars "back out" of the deal without Ford making a stink...

They can hold up other ordered vehicles in the bank while looking over the situation..

Other Bronco buyers may not seen

One or two may fly but it may not end pretty for the dealership or other sold customers.

Sponsored

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would definitely get a new garage.
Just kidding.
Best of luck with your decision!

OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As a dealer we cannot have too many sold order cars "back out" of the deal without Ford making a stink...

They can hold up other ordered vehicles in the bank while looking over the situation..

Other Bronco buyers may not seen

One or two may fly but it may not end pretty for the dealership or other sold customers.
I'm interested in this since it's hard to commit to buying a car that you/I have never sat in. I'm 6'5 300 lbs and don't fit in the JL Wrangler. My head is right up to the sport bar and my knees are in the dash with the seat at the lowest and further back position. Unless Ford can put some demo Broncos at dealerships prior to ordering in December, its very possible that I might have to back out on receipt if its uncomfortable. Im optimistic since there is no mid-roof sport bar on the Bronco, and earlier there were photos of a larger Ford employee fitting OK, so it appeared.

But if I did have to back out because it was uncomfortable, it would be a shame that would reflect negatively on the dealership.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel for you and it is up to each dealer.

Just do not want others to assume that is ok to do..

We are making sure on ours so that all of the Bronco reservationist get their vehicles in a timely manner.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actually an interesting question. I have two reservations, one each at two different dealers. Just to be safe. With the intent of canceling one, wouldn't that dealer have more incentive to "buy" my second reservation?

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
wouldn't that dealer have more incentive to "buy" my second reservation?
See Grangers comment above, not going to fly for dealers to do that sort of thing.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers will want it, but Ford does have a gun to their heads as well. Below is the comment from the Dealer Bronco website, basically, I'm assuming, too many non deliveries will result in that dealer being excluded from retail units once regular production resumes.

• The Company will monitor to ensure that Dealer deliveries are made to the customer who placed the reservation. The Company reserves the right to take action against Dealers who fail to achieve a minimum sales match level.
Sponsored