Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

According to a previous discussion, the Bronco does not have a locking gas door.

You can file a complaint elsewhere, but if you really care, you can purchase a locking cap from the parts counter.
Must've missed the part about the door, thought it was just the capless piece. Also not complaining, just asking a question. Feel free to ignore the question if it upsets you.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Must've missed the part about the door, thought it was just the capless piece. Also not complaining, just asking a question. Feel free to ignore the question if it upsets you.
I'm not upset at all, sorry if I came across snippy.

There was a looooong discussion about the lack of a locking door flap when it was confirmed, and a group of very vocal forum members tried to convince all of us that teenagers and other ne'er-do-wells were going to be pouring sugar in our tanks and steeling our gas.

I think one or two of them may have even invoked the phrase "deal breaker" or "bait-and-switch" when they found out.

;)

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was the car unlocked or was it me that noticed the gas door just opens and has no locks? :rolleyes:
Our Tahoe and Lincoln are the same way. I believe our daughter's Civic also has no lock or release for the gas cover. It doesn't seem to be unusual at all.

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm not upset at all, sorry if I came across snippy.

There was a looooong discussion about the lack of a locking door flap when it was confirmed, and a group of very vocal forum members tried to convince all of us that teenagers and other ne'er-do-wells were going to be pouring sugar in our tanks and steeling our gas.

I think one or two of them may have even invoked the phrase "deal breaker" or "bait-and-switch" when they found out.

;)
No worries, man! Yes I recall and I read it as the cap itself and missed the part about the door. Not a "deal breaker" at all LOL... If someone is concerned about sugar or gas theft, they could purchase a lock cap like you mentioned from the parts counter. Happy Holidays!

Last edited:

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have wee seen Badlands with those wheels in a 4 door?

Sponsored

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

NVM I found an old post with it.
Ford Bronco More 2-Door Bronco Badlands in Cyber Orange (With Measurements) 1608149461510

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 6'2 and I always found the seating position in old Toyotas to feel like I was sitting on the floor with my feet stretched out.

Did you happen to measure to the top of the roof on the Bronco?
I mostly daily a 1989 Toyota Pickup, and that's the perfect description! :LOL:
Looking forward to a Bronco for a daily.

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Ranger, 2009 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sweet pics! I didn't catch the dash accessory mount if it was in there. Or is this a late availability item? Sorry if this has been discussed. Just wondering so I know what to bring on my trip to Granger

Sponsored
OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet pics! I didn't catch the dash accessory mount if it was in there. Or is this a late availability item? Sorry if this has been discussed. Just wondering so I know what to bring on my trip to Granger
It was not there, but I got a look at where it would go. I tried to get pictures, but the glare off the windshield was just too bad for them to be useful.

From what I could see, there is only one point that the rail attaches to the dash. That is by 1-2 screws right in the center. The feet on each end of the rail either don't get screwed in, or they will have self-tapping screws to get through the plastic. Doesn't seem like the best design to me, but if the center is pulled down tight enough there shouldn't be any issues with rattles. I just hope it's sturdy enough so that it doesn't snap off if you have something heavy mounted on there and you go down some bumpy trails.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s actually not terribly big. The rear swing gate isnt that thick to begin with, which can make the latch section look big in comparison.

It has to be as deep as it is to accommodate the latch and as wide to accommodate the locking mechanism. The vent is the access to repair or replace it.

On the body side, the latch has to be in a place where it can be affixed to more structure, and not out near the vehicle skin.

Ford Bronco More 2-Door Bronco Badlands in Cyber Orange (With Measurements) 1608149461510

The subwoofer, if equipped, is located in the side panel of the rear cargo area.
I believe the rear tailgate vent may also be part of the interior pressure relief/exhaust system. This helps with back pressure when a door is closed or when fresh air is brought into the cabin with heat/ac.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That seems crazy big for a locking mechanism. Not going to argue with ya, you are the Jeep owner who has that same thing.
I initially thought it might be the subwoofer housing. I wonder where they are hiding that? Rear side panels maybe....? Sorry, off topic.
Here's the subwoofer location, Jeff.

Yota85

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 SR5 Taco 4x4 Xtracab, 2006 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With that 4"+ clearance to the flairs, it looks like some 35" will easily fit with the stock Badlands suspension. Perhaps a 305/70-18 (y) or the 315/70 on those 17" wheels.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
According to a previous discussion, the Bronco does not have a locking gas door.

You can file a complaint elsewhere, but if you really care, you can purchase a locking cap from the parts counter.
If it DID have a locking fuel door, then all the discussion about the key pad fitting in the fuel cap cavity would be moot... :)
Sponsored