First Name
Caryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don’t know if it’s chip related or not, but there are a lot of broncos, particularly badlands, and including mine that are stuck “in production” with ETA’s getting pushed out and zero updates on why. Mine was “produced” on 3/9, modules popped, 4 digit tear tag, yet ford says it’s still in production and not released for shipping. My ETA was 3/30- now being told it’s finished build date is 3/30 and then it’ll be moved to awaiting shipment status. Many in the build week before mine are seeing the same. So if it’s not waiting on chips, what’s it waiting on? It’s obvious that all the parts are not available on certain trims when they start building.
I'm sorry to hear that. Our Badlands has been the same since our build week of 11/29/21, modules popped as well. We have no idea what's going on. Dealer says it could be the hard top or the cyber orange color, but given what we know, we don't think it's either of those. Tried to open a discussion with Ford who seemed to want to help, but then told us it's not their policy to respond back to inquiries. Good luck to us all!

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry to hear that. Our Badlands has been the same since our build week of 11/29/21, modules popped as well. We have no idea what's going on. Dealer says it could be the hard top or the cyber orange color, but given what we know, we don't think it's either of those. Tried to open a discussion with Ford who seemed to want to help, but then told us it's not their policy to respond back to inquiries. Good luck to us all!
Sorry to hear that. You’ve waited way longer than me! It’s very frustrating but hopefully will end soon for all of us!

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Taiwan makes a lot of chips but not for the auto industry. Autos are a 10% of chips and those are 75% made in this Japan factory mentioned here. They are adding US supplies. Ford purchased a supplier in the US last year. The neon is used in the parts in the chip factory not the chips themselves. There is not going to be an impact for a while on neon.
Also for the earthquake shutdown it’s at least a 4 month order process so this impact is out a few months too.
This... is completely untrue.... I mean a cursory Google search would show you you're just wrong, like, "Hey look at the Wrong Guy Over Here..." ...

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your right. We should have been making our chips here in the USA instead of overseas. Another notch for corporate greed. 🤷‍♂️
Corporate greed or trying to remain competitive?
Sponsored