Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think people may be reading to much into pre-production variance, but not only have I been wrong, but I’ve been wrong many times.
Sponsored

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After engaging hill decent he took his foot off the gas pedal (yes MT) and we went down this steep decent with no drama or slippage. It was pretty surreal.
Thanks so much for this information. Very helpful! I could not find the information on “Hill Decent Control” until today. This helps me feel even better about my choice to stay with a manual. Thanks again!!

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the manual, how much was he shifting in the whoops and deep sand or just letting the boosty boi eat a bit more?

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you. I was fortunate enough to reserve an early First Edition so now I'm playing the stock market like a slot machine hoping to help with the purchase 😀.

I ordered an Area51 4 door
The way you wrote it up I assumed you were getting the manual. Again, thanks for taking the time to do that even though you aren't!

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah. At first I was like “Pfffff this is crazy talk” but now the more I think about it, the more sense it’s making.

Warning. Wild speculation coming...

Shares Body Mounts:
1. Base - BL
2. Anything Squatched

Shares Suspension:
1. Base - OB
2. BL and anything Squatched.
Okay I'm slow at this so forgive me here. We're thinking the Sasquatch package (but not BL) includes slightly taller mounts for the equivalent of a slight body lift? Given that body lifts are specifically useful to clear larger tires this would make sense. So does this somehow give us the 10mm less travel of Sas vs. Badlands? I thought it wouldn't actually affect travel at all on its own, but again, I'm slow at this.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay I'm slow at this so forgive me here. We're thinking the Sasquatch package (but not BL) includes slightly taller mounts for the equivalent of a slight body lift? Given that body lifts are specifically useful to clear larger tires this would make sense. So does this somehow give us the 10mm less travel of Sas vs. Badlands? I thought it wouldn't actually affect travel at all on its own, but again, I'm slow at this.
You’re correct about the body lift providing more clearance for tires.

There would still need to be limiters/larger bump tops though to limit travel.

Early on a Ford rep said the only difference between BL and Squatch was 10mm limit in travel and otherwise were the same suspension.

Then later on a Ford rep stated that Squatch is actually 10mm higher, but wouldn’t say how or why... but that they still share the position sensitive dampers.

It sounded like maybe the first guy was confused about what was 10mm longer, but then someone at Ford stated both things were true.

It’s not entirely clear at this point what’s going on, but we do know that correcting for differences in tire diameter, Squatch is indeed 10mm higher than BL according to published specs.

Prevailing theory recently was that Squatch got stiffer springs to achieve a mild lift. But we haven’t seen anything about differences in parts or components.

All that is to say, and mind you this is still WILD UNSUBSTANTIATED CONJECTURE, that if BL and Squatch are in fact the same suspension, but the latter has a 10mm body lift (and also maybe longer bump stops) that would jive with everything we’ve heard to date.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No it doesn't. On the GOAT Modes Explained video by BN, TTA was covered. It is attributed to the 10sp. Auto. The One Pedal Trail Control is exclusive to the 2.7L.
Correct. My mistake.
[/QUOTE]
TTA on AT 2.7 on all models or just higher ones ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ryno

Ryno

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For the manual, how much was he shifting in the whoops and deep sand or just letting the boosty boi eat a bit more?
He down shifted coming into a couple tight turns so he could accelerate out of them. Overall he wasn't shifting very much. Driving was not labor intensive.

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great Write up, I just posted my experience riding in the manual badlands. I thought maybe I was too generous with my excitement and I am glad to see your experience was the same as well. And you mentioned about the noise inside while driving, I completely forgot to mention that. Good call, it was quiet enough to have a normal conversation with the roof off and doing 60 off-road.

Sponsored

Tripper

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Mustang GT Conv & '13 Ford Edge Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The naked/slurpee/funyuns story was great, but the Ice Cube reference to lead in to the sway bar disconnect was downright genius.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may be a silly question. . . does the rubber wash out floor provide good grip under your shoes or is it more slippery?
Wondering the same thing. Have not seen any real info on the wash out floor yet. From the pictures, it appears to be molded plastic over the metal floor. Surely of the many that have now seen this in person, someone has taken a better look??

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You’re correct about the body lift providing more clearance for tires.

There would still need to be limiters/larger bump tops though to limit travel.

Early on a Ford rep said the only difference between BL and Squatch was 10mm limit in travel and otherwise were the same suspension.

Then later on a Ford rep stated that Squatch is actually 10mm higher, but wouldn’t say how or why... but that they still share the position sensitive dampers.

It sounded like maybe the first guy was confused about what was 10mm longer, but then someone at Ford stated both things were true.

It’s not entirely clear at this point what’s going on, but we do know that correcting for differences in tire diameter, Squatch is indeed 10mm higher than BL according to published specs.

Prevailing theory recently was that Squatch got stiffer springs to achieve a mild lift. But we haven’t seen anything about differences in parts or components.

All that is to say, and mind you this is still WILD UNSUBSTANTIATED CONJECTURE, that if BL and Squatch are in fact the same suspension, but the latter has a 10mm body lift (and also maybe longer bump stops) that would jive with everything we’ve heard to date.
Well this is a fan forum for an unreleased vehicle...

With 1" difference in tire height above the centre of axle, and a 10mm difference in travel, wouldn't Squatches still need another 15mm of clearance to the bottom of the wheel well to not rub? So with the suspension the same, the body lift is needed to achieve this? Assuming that BL clearance is already tight with 33s and that the difference in track eliminates rubbing on the inside.

I ask because based on the responses to towing questions it doesn't sound like anyone is willing to have stiffer springs. BuT mY oFf-RoAdInG!!!!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well this is a fan forum for an unreleased vehicle...

With 1" difference in tire height above the centre of axle, and a 10mm difference in travel, wouldn't Squatches still need another 15mm of clearance to the bottom of the wheel well to not rub? So with the suspension the same, the body lift is needed to achieve this? Assuming that BL clearance is already tight with 33s and that the difference in track eliminates rubbing on the inside.

I ask because based on the responses to towing questions it doesn't sound like anyone is willing to have stiffer springs. BuT mY oFf-RoAdInG!!!!
If I'm understanding your post correctly, you're adding credence to the body lift theory?

I think I follow you and I like your train of thought. I'm going to try to explain this back to you to make sure I'm getting it.

Assuming the tires are true to size, you'd have the extra 1" above the axle as you stated...

Limiting travel by 10mm wouldn't be enough to counteract that 1" difference... because lifting the suspension just get's the center diff off the ground, it doesn't lift the body away from the wheels... you've got another 15mm of tire diameter still to worry about.

So to make room for larger tires, if you're limiting travel by an amount smaller than the increase in tire diameter, either you'd have to lift the body. (Or there's more clearance baked into the BL suspension to begin with and the 33s were never that close to rubbing.)

Man... I can't wait until we actually just know these things for sure.
Sponsored