Sponsored

More Clearance Than Most Trucks and SUVs Subaru Outback Wilderness Car and Driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve never been a Subaru fan. Nothing against them, I just don’t like the styling at all. I’m sure they’re great vehicles.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

CVT, no manual option. No thank you.
Exactly, but id even take a true auto, and that still isn't possible.

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If by "looks mean" you mean it looks like an Aztec boinked a Wagon Queen Family Truckster station wagon and created this pile then yes. Looks meeeeannnn!!

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Needs a proper 2 speed transfer case more than ground clearance. Its easier to add a lift that low gears in a car like this. And that CVT off road...

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are those soccer balls or fog lamps? :unsure:

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People can knock it all they want, but my parents had a 1st gen Forester and that thing was a tank. They never changed the oil and the engine seized at 32k miles. Somehow, my mother blamed me for it, even though it wasn't my car, I was in my mid-20s and living 2 states away. She said I should have reminded them to take care of their own car. 🤷‍♂️

I won't lie... this thing looks pretty sweet, especially given that background. FIGHT ME! :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll stick to my wife’s GC trailhawk with 10.8” of ground clearance (roughly 11.5” after installing her KO2s, which I believe is the same as bronco w/ sasquatch.).

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It may only be full time 4x4 with a viscous coupler but my eagle has better clearance than the subies. Only thing it has lover than 10 inches is 1 single chunk of iron. Is it comperable to trucks with larger tires? Not really But will it out wheel anything on a unibody? You bet. Is it as comfy to ride in as a 70s luxobarge? Sure is. Does it need a V8 and manual swap? Yep. All stock is it the smoothest vehicle I have ever had over rough roads? For sure.
Ford Bronco More Clearance Than Most Trucks and SUVs      Subaru      Outback Wilderness    Car and Driver IMG_3811-photo-full

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Wilderness raises its cladded body to 9.5 inches, a tenth higher than a Tacoma TRD Pro. It won't bite off the biggest boulders, but its breakover and departure angles are about equal to the Toyota's. And on the street, it looks mean.
Ford Bronco More Clearance Than Most Trucks and SUVs      Subaru      Outback Wilderness    Car and Driver IMG_3811-photo-full

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g36572242/2022-subaru-outback-wilderness-features/
It does not look mean. It looks like a wagon with a lift. And all that weird black plastic is not making it look better. They should just stick with functional styling built for the family or couples who use dirt roads to get to their camping sight on weekends! They are not gonna convert Tacoma drivers!!! Not a chance
Sponsored