Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also made it to a dealer to see the two 4 doors. Overall, it’s very cool. I wish they had a 2-door there, but alas... I had some different impressions than others I’ve read. The interior doesn’t feel very big to me. Not really much bigger than our JLU. But the exterior feels enormous. It’s kind of the opposite of what I expected. My take:

Good things:
  • exterior design looks even better in person. It really is sweet.
  • The lack of a center bar makes the open top experience really cool (especially sitting in back)
  • Shifter on manual feels really nice
  • Seats felt pretty comfy
  • Some cool details on the high trims (like power on the dash)
  • Soft top design is really good
Not so good:
  • I’m not wild about how big it feels (like it might not go some places a Jeep would go)
  • Interior materials did not impress me generally (I think our Jeep’s interior is nicer)
  • Specifically, MGV felt much cheaper to me than I expected
  • “Leather” wrapped steering wheel feels super cheap, like not even good pleather.
  • Just does not feel like a $50k vehicle (and the two there were probably that or more)
I took a few pics of things I didn’t remember seeing pics of like the power outlet and accessory mount on the dash and the inductive phone charger. The dealership was super nice and the Bronco is definitely a cool vehicle. Seeing these reaffirmed that for me, the base Squatch is the way to go (someday when manual is available). I liked both colors. I think I’m leaning iconic silver for a base and it was nice. The AMB looked great too, better than I expected.
Ford Bronco More Initial Impressions with slightly different perspective C62D9510-1928-4BCE-87C0-EAD61F0E123E
Ford Bronco More Initial Impressions with slightly different perspective 5237E96E-5C64-4555-9DDB-112BDBCE4E0D
Ford Bronco More Initial Impressions with slightly different perspective E1441E0B-9387-4F74-BC47-BAD5BC5A7029

Ford Bronco More Initial Impressions with slightly different perspective BD96764B-D3A6-44AA-9EBA-880624B2C595
Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What's that odd photo?

NVM, you seem to have removed it...

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I also made it to a dealer to see the two 4 doors. Overall, it’s very cool. I wish they had a 2-door there, but alas... I had some different impressions than others I’ve read. The interior doesn’t feel very big to me. Not really much bigger than our JLU. But the exterior feels enormous. It’s kind of the opposite of what I expected. My take:

Good things:
  • The lack of a center bar makes the open top experience really cool (especially sitting in back)
Not so good:
  • I’m not wild about how big it feels (like it might not go some places a Jeep would go)
  • Interior materials did not impress me generally (I think our Jeep’s interior is nicer)
  • “Leather” wrapped steering wheel feels super cheap, like not even good pleather.
  • Just does not feel like a $50k vehicle (and the two there were probably that or more)
I took a few pics of things I didn’t remember seeing pics of like the power outlet and accessory mount on the dash and the inductive phone charger. The dealership was super nice and the Bronco is definitely a cool vehicle. Seeing these reaffirmed that for me, the base Squatch is the way to go (someday when manual is available). I liked both colors. I think I’m leaning iconic silver for a base and it was nice. The AMB looked great too, better than I expected.
Ford Bronco More Initial Impressions with slightly different perspective BD96764B-D3A6-44AA-9EBA-880624B2C595

Lucky you on getting to see them in person!! I'm scheduled to see them April 24th at an event in the Chicagoland area, so I'm excited!! I ordered a Big Bend Velocity Blue 4DR from Granger!!

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But size wise isn’t this truck similar to a jeep anyway ? or pretty damn close ?

mans if you’re don’t count the spare, it’s not that far off from the bronco sport ?

am I missing something ? Not sure what people expect

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’re you expecting a bronco II?

metal to metal width is 73.8 Wrangler to 75.9 Bronco

if you pull the bronco fenders and rear quarter off (jeep can’t do)

Bronco be more narrow

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The size thing is surprising given it is so close to the wrangler and has been a known quantity forever.

the interior quality take is rough because I have a JL and I feel like it’s barely better than power wheels build quality, so if bronco is worse...

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Noticing your cup holder photo - does it have inserts that can be removed for cleaning? With the textured bottom, they will become filth magnets unless the insert can be removed and washed.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Good things:
Not so good:
Good to hear the manual shifter feels nice. Could part of the bigger exterior feel, be due to the hood compared to Wrangler? Wrangler can give a smaller feel due to the front fenders being lower than the hood. In contrast the Bronco entire front including fenders is higher up.

Deleted member 13702

Great write up. I appreciate the fact that you weren’t opposed to looking at the Bronco with a more critical eye.

With respect to the MGV and the leather wrapped steering wheel, what is your current vehicle which you are comparing it to?

I’ve been a little leery of Fords interior options ever since I owned a Ford Explorer and the leather was ruined in less than two years. Compared to the leather seats in my tundra, which is 13 years, and still look new.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah the disparity between exterior size and interior size is obviously more astonishing on a sasquatch. The flares are 5” each side. 79.3” exterior width is inline with full size trucks that typically are capped at 79.9”. You could immediately deduct 10” from the flares, so 79.3” becomes 69.3”. You’re common size compact/mid size trucks/suv/car is 72” wide without the mirrors. My Volvo S60 and outback are both 72”. But consider most vehicles naturally have some flares so discount that and your at the bronco...69” wide body

If you look at interior specs, the bronco 4 door is basically a CRV or RAV with potentially less cargo space, mounted to a F150 wide chassis (for the Sasquatch)

I’ve been focused a lot on these numbers because I have a single file driveway hugging the side of my house and could just get an F150 to comfortably fit width wise (I tested out my neighbors). And get this, if you calc the track of the Sasquatch plus tire width, the tires are inline with the flares. There’s zero overlap (at least from the published numbers). So outer tire to tire is 79.3” which is probably wider than an F150 given the F150 is 79.9” with some fender overhang on each side.

And my take away was man, all this homework and the results were it will just fit in my driveway (the outer tire to tire is 8.5” more than my outback) yet I am picking up zero interior space (actually slightly less) than my outback. Now that I think about it, the bronco cabin is 1”narrower.

...The things we do for stance. Lol

And you wonder why the proportions of the warthog look so cartoonish. Think about this - the narrowest point of the interior, let’s say the trunk, is 42/43” wide side wall to side wall. The warthog stance will probably shake out to 82”. That’s almost DOUBLE the width of the trunk.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NurseA.J

Outer Banks
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch Lux 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lucky you on getting to see them in person!! I'm scheduled to see them April 24th at an event in the Chicagoland area, so I'm excited!! I ordered a Big Bend Velocity Blue 4DR from Granger!!
Hey @KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS , Any word on which ones will be there? I’m signed up for both chicago events. Not sure if I’m going due to work schedule and camping that weekend! I’m also signed up for Plainfield INDIANA ( just outside Indy) and I thought I read somewhere there would be 4 Broncos there. 😎
Andy Mohr Ford - close to Indy Airport

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah the disparity between exterior size and interior size is obviously more astonishing on a sasquatch. The flares are 5” each side. 79.3” exterior width is inline with full size trucks that typically are capped at 79.9”. You could immediately deduct 10” from the flares, so 79.3” becomes 69.3”. You’re common size compact/mid size trucks/suv/car is 72” wide without the mirrors. My Volvo S60 and outback are both 72”. But consider most vehicles naturally have some flares so discount that and your at the bronco...69” wide body

If you look at interior specs, the bronco 4 door is basically a CRV or RAV with potentially less cargo space, mounted to a F150 wide chassis (for the Sasquatch)

I’ve been focused a lot on these numbers because I have a single file driveway hugging the side of my house and could just get an F150 to comfortably fit width wise (I tested out my neighbors). And get this, if you calc the track of the Sasquatch plus tire width, the tires are inline with the flares. There’s zero overlap (at least from the published numbers). So outer tire to tire is 79.3” which is probably wider than an F150 given the F150 is 79.9” with some fender overhang on each side.

And my take away was man, all this homework and the results were it will just fit in my driveway (the outer tire to tire is 8.5” more than my outback) yet I am picking up zero interior space (actually slightly less) than my outback. Now that I think about it, the bronco cabin is 1”narrower.

And you wonder why the proportions of the warthog look so cartoonish. Think about this - the narrowest point of the interior, let’s say the trunk, is 42/43” wide side wall to side wall. The warthog stance will probably shake out to 82”. That’s almost DOUBLE the width of the trunk.
Bronco Sasquatch - outside tire track 79.3"
2021 F-150 265/70/17 rear outside tire track - 78.7"

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Shout out for the measures and comparisons. I'm going base, so the track width (more positive offset wheels) will effectively be less than Sas. And will probably look a bit narrower visually, given the less wide flares.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not so good:
Thank you for the write-up, great to have different perspectives.

What has hit me, over and over, people have commented how cheap the interior MATERIALS feel, this is really feeling like a Ford fail trying to save a few bucks.

Does anyone think we may see improved, more durable, interior MATERIALS, plastics, leather and cloth, in a refresh, MY23, MY24, MY25, etc.?

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

But size wise isn’t this truck similar to a jeep anyway ? or pretty damn close ?

mans if you’re don’t count the spare, it’s not that far off from the bronco sport ?

am I missing something ? Not sure what people expect
This has been my confusion since last summer. This thing is nearly identical to a Wrangler, especially sitting in the cabin. Ford was very clear this is a wrangler competitor. Yet people call this a full size, and claim it is close to the size of FSB, which is comical. The published dimensions didn't help, when people don't realize they included the ridiculously wide squatch flares and 35" spare tire hanging off the ass. It has an awesome stance, looks great, but I think alot of people with these expectations will be disappointed when they finally sit in one and the adrenaline wears off. (I'm looking at you guys with plans of 2 car seats in the back :p )
Sponsored