JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Someone give me the abbreviated version of this. I want to do a story on this. What colors do you want for the interior? And what colors don't you want? It's good to see Farley weighing.
Not quite abbreviated but I posted this in another interior thread.

Get rid of all those different color combos for each platform and make it easy. As a base throughout the entire lineup, just start with an all black interior, black cloth seats with white stitching, it's super simple and goes with any paint job and will make production easier. Throw in some pops of color with the grab handles, dash panel and vent trim that match the exterior paint and you're done.

Offer leather in any trim level like the Jeep in black and brown. Same goes for the marine grade vinyl, make that available as well. Black is nice but it's going to be hot as balls, they have to offer white seats or at least a light gray.

Why the hell would you have orange or blue stitching in the seats, blue panels, camo panels, orange or blue grab handles, bronze dash etc? Just hideous clashing colors and if you have the two door with the paint showing inside, look out LMAO. This may force some to compromise on their paint color choice just so the clash isn't so awful. People are moving away from the models they wanted (some higher end ones) just to get away from these awful interiors. That's a non starter for me if I'm spending so much cash on a vehicle.

Most of this mess is from the exterior paint vs interior color choices. Some of them look decent if you're sticking with the earthy colors or grays but when you get into the bright fun colors it's a total disaster. Contrast is good (black interior with pops of color), a mishmash of colors is baaaaaad.

Where are these interiors from the video, they look awesome! That's what hooked me. I really liked the Cactus Gray with the white/gray seats. That cyber orange with the brown leather trimmed seats, door panels, steering wheel, console and shifter nob looks amazing. They could charge a premium for that and people would buy it.

You could get a myriad of great looks with just a few options that would satisfy the majority of people. Exterior paint jobs with black, any of the reds, blues and grays with black interior and white MGV seats. White, black, reds or cyber orange with brown/tan leather or just any color (including future paint colors) with just black cloth or leather.

I thought they were going retro with this design, it takes 2 minutes on google to look at old Broncos to pick up some ideas. You don't need an art or design degree, this is simple stuff, I can't believe they botched it so bad.

TeamRJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F150 Limited, '19 CVO Roadglide
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You don't need an art or design degree, this is simple stuff, I can't believe they botched it so bad.
They knocked it out of the park on the two promo vehicles.
They seem to have put little effort or thought into production interiors.

I probably could have forgiven them if they had, at the very least, offered the promo vehicle interiors in the exact exterior colors (Saddle Brown for Cyber Orange 2DR and White/Grey for the Cactus 4DR)

I sure hope they listen and offer these color combos!!!

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmm ... isn't the Wildtrack between BL and FE?
Yes. So after the first edition is gone. After the First edition of something is released it is gone, that is it, no more being made. That is the reason only 7000 FE being built and only 3500 for people to reserve with the other 3500 for dealership allotment. So you won't see a 2022 FE. When that happens the Wildtrak is the most expensive followed by the Badlands. This is not including the Warthog, I kinda consider that to be it's own beast (SVT) just like a Raptor. Now ford may come out with something to replace the FE, like a Limited model in which case the Badlands remains the third most expensive regular production Bronco in the line up.

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They knocked it out of the park on the two promo vehicles.
They seem to have put little effort or thought into production interiors.

I probably could have forgiven them if they had, at the very least, offered the promo vehicle interiors in the exact exterior colors (Saddle Brown for Cyber Orange 2DR and White/Grey for the Cactus 4DR)

I sure hope they listen and offer these color combos!!!
Yeah they really did a great job with those. It sucks that they aren't an option at all. Race Red with Saddle Brown would look amazing too.

Sponsored

CycloneGT500

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The CEO said he will relay our "thoughts" to the Bronco team in charge of interior options. This is AMAZING news and hopefully something comes of it.

And BTW, I am CryptoLLoyd :)

Twitter:

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 11.54.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 11.55.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 11.55.59 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 11.56.16 AM.png

1603591465172-png.54424
1603591465172-png.png
The only interesting interior is the sandstone one and it really doesn't go with anything. All these shades of black and gray inside and out are very dull, lifeless and uninspiring. Ford has done so much to stick their butt out in producing this thing but suddenly stop short of hitting a homerun in the details!

King Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My thing is what color interior would burn your tail off every time it is nice enough outside to take the top off. Black lets make it so you can only get black on the Badlands. This really has me on the edge. I can take the no roof options till late or even 2022 but the black interior on a car I want to take the top off of all the time. Not smart FORD!! Super frustrated with it at this point.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly I highly doubt they will change anything with the seats between now and March. As said earlier in the thread the tweet from Jim is the new "we're listening".
IF IF they change any of the seat choices it will be for 2022, so if you don't like the seats now either buy crappy covers that don't quite fit or wait for 2022.

I'd prefer a lighter vinyl interior or that roast brown in one color, but it isn't going to happen.

Rufus

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Get rid of all those different color combos for each platform and make it easy. As a base throughout the entire lineup, just start with an all black interior, black cloth seats with white stitching, it's super simple and goes with any paint job and will make production easier. Throw in some pops of color with the grab handles, dash panel and vent trim that match the exterior paint and you're done.

Offer leather in any trim level like the Jeep in black and brown. Same goes for the marine grade vinyl, make that available as well. Black is nice but it's going to be hot as balls, they have to offer white seats or at least a light gray.

Why the hell would you have orange or blue stitching in the seats, blue panels, camo panels, orange or blue grab handles, bronze dash etc? Just hideous clashing colors and if you have the two door with the paint showing inside, look out LMAO. This may force some to compromise on their paint color choice just so the clash isn't so awful. People are moving away from the models they wanted (some higher end ones) just to get away from these awful interiors. That's a non starter for me if I'm spending so much cash on a vehicle.

Most of this mess is from the exterior paint vs interior color choices. Some of them look decent if you're sticking with the earthy colors or grays but when you get into the bright fun colors it's a total disaster. Contrast is good (black interior with pops of color), a mishmash of colors is baaaaaad.

Where are these interiors from the video, they look awesome! That's what hooked me. I really liked the Cactus Gray with the white/gray seats. That cyber orange with the brown leather trimmed seats, door panels, steering wheel, console and shifter nob looks amazing. They could charge a premium for that and people would buy it.

You could get a myriad of great looks with just a few options that would satisfy the majority of people. Exterior paint jobs with black, any of the reds, blues and grays with black interior and white MGV seats. White, black, reds or cyber orange with brown/tan leather or just any color (including future paint colors) with just black cloth or leather.

I thought they were going retro with this design, it takes 2 minutes on google to look at old Broncos to pick up some ideas. You don't need an art or design degree, this is simple stuff, I can't believe they botched it so bad.
Good well thought out post ....and reduces complexity to Ford (and believe me they look at complexity items/actions all the time).

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jim seems cool. He's a total car guy. He hopefully understands.

R

DriversSide

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I quoted you (second hand) here in this story. Thanks: https://www.torquenews.com/9539/many-bronco-enthusiasts-upset-limited-interior-color-options
Sponsored