F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's my comments:

Model/Trim: Badlands
Area: Seats
Issue: Color
Recommendations: All black is the only current option. Would like to see gray/black combo as a 2nd option. Or a lighter 2 tone gray. Or a light 2 tone brown/tan option. Maybe work in the outer banks roast with black combo. Could go lighter because the vinyl will be easy to clean, and the seats will be cooler in summer.

Model/Trim: Black Diamond
Issue: Color
Recommendations: I like the 2 tone gray, but would like to see a couple of lighter options. Maybe work in the outer banks roast with black combo. Could go lighter because the vinyl will be easy to clean, and the seats will be cooler in summer.

Last edited:

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t want to minimize the aesthetic concerns (especially for WT and FE customers). With that said, you need to live in the south to understand how serious the dark interior on essentially a convertible is. Park and walk in to the grocery store with the top off, come back out in 45 minutes to burn your legs when you sit down. And that’s North Carolina, not even Texas where there are a gazillion customers and the sun is even more potent. The solution should be simple:

1. Light gray or tan in cloth, vinyl and leather. (both would be great, light grey is preferred by almost everyone).

2. Apply the same solution across all models as appropriate. That doesn’t mean offer leather on the base, keep the mix but make sure each model has at least one light solution.

Ford could consolidate seat choices a TON to balance this out.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just offer a light and dark cloth option with the Base model . It is Base after all . All other trims should be able to pick and choose from what they already have available . Simple and done ..

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gonna need some $200 Ford Performance towels for the seats

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So anything or just crickets from the CEO?

This was posted yesterday.
He seems to at least act like he’s receptive to customer feedback. Who knows if it will actually change anything.

We’ve been hearing that “we are listening” from Ford. But I haven’t noticed any changes. So maybe they are listening but not understanding? ?‍♂

Ford Bronco More Interior Options & Colors -- Ford CEO Farley is listening to Bronco6g members! 9CD8D096-DC43-40BD-9FDD-A1DD3334655F

Sponsored

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This was posted yesterday.
He seems to at least act like he’s receptive to customer feedback. Who knows if it will actually change anything.

We’ve been hearing that “we are listening” from Ford. But I haven’t noticed any changes. So maybe they are listening but not understanding? ?‍♂
To be fair, I wouldn't assume that - at least not off hand. This thread is only a few days old, really. Ford is a supertanker or an aircraft carrier - they do not turn on a dime. Just because we haven't seen a lot of changes recently doesn't mean they aren't looking into it. Even changing interior colors has a lot of lead time into it. OTOH, we know that they actively moved up adding the M/T option for Sasquatch, so they are acting on feedback. But it takes time to turn a ship of this size and complexity.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To be fair, I wouldn't assume that - at least not off hand. This thread is only a few days old, really. Ford is a supertanker or an aircraft carrier - they do not turn on a dime. Just because we haven't seen a lot of changes recently doesn't mean they aren't looking into it. Even changing interior colors has a lot of lead time into it. OTOH, we know that they actively moved up adding the M/T option for Sasquatch, so they are acting on feedback. But it takes time to turn a ship of this size and complexity.
They did not move up Mansquatch. They already planned it for a late reveal. All they did was tell us about it earlier than they planned. Nothing changed operationally.

BroncoTRDPro

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did call customer service at Ford yesterday to cancel my reservation, due to lack of white top and current interior choices. The rep said to hold my reservation until order time because there could be more changes coming. I don’t believe it l, but I’m hanging onto to it until December. Maybe Ford will offer some more interior choices. I still prefer a white top, so I will most likely cancel anyway and wait for 2022 unless Ford really surprises us. I don’t have faith in what I’ve seen so far.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They did not move up Mansquatch. They already planned it for a late reveal. All they did was tell us about it earlier than they planned. Nothing changed operationally.
They still reacted to customer feedback. Again, it takes time to do these things. I know from first hand experience how long it takes to qualify either new parts or new combinations of existing parts, and how much work there is to get things signed off for production, and then further to get the supply chain in place.

At this phase in the cycle, everything that is going to be available at launch should be going though PPAP and getting that final approval. Anything outside of that will take another 6mo to a year, depending on how far along they are in the process.

As I've said elsewhere, building cars isn't rocket science - its harder...

Eric L.

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SQ5, 65 Mustang, 67 Coronet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trim: All
Issue: Contrast stitching
Recommendations: Remove contrast from the seats, allow an option to remove it, contrast with a more neutral color than yellow (for example).

It is one thing to change the accent color of grab handles and "chicklets" by buying new ones from Ford. Another thing all together to buy seat covers front and rear. Might as well go with a lower trim level.

Trim: All
Area: Package/options
Issue: No cold weather package
Recommendations: Bundle heated seats (where possible), heated steering wheel, block heater, and remote start (assuming auto).

Trim: All (specifically lower)
Area: Electronics
Issue: 12" screen not available on lower trims
Recommendations: Create a package for cameras and the 12 inch screen at all trims.

I see some of the lower trim vehicles being more likely to be customized for maximum offroad performance. This vehicle should show off that factory 12 in screen.
Sponsored