Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They still reacted to customer feedback. Again, it takes time to do these things. I know from first hand experience how long it takes to qualify either new parts or new combinations of existing parts, and how much work there is to get things signed off for production, and then further to get the supply chain in place.

At this phase in the cycle, everything that is going to be available at launch should be going though PPAP and getting that final approval. Anything outside of that will take another 6mo to a year, depending on how far along they are in the process.

As I've said elsewhere, building cars isn't rocket science - its harder...

“we know that they actively moved up adding the M/T option for Sasquatch, so they are acting on feedback.”

This from your post is what I was replying to. You were wrong. They did not move up adding M/T option to Sasquatch.

As far as “they still reacted to customer feedback”? I don’t think that was the case. I believe that was a distraction for the bad news they already knew was coming about no X-Plan and late availability of the modular top.

Im not disagreeing with your broad statement that change takes time. That’s obvious.
What I am saying is that Ford in fact has not changed anything so far for the better of their customers. And it’s highly unlikely they will change anything for MY 2021. Starting with MY 2022? Yes, I can definitely see changes starting there.

I really hope Ford ends up proving me wrong for MY 2021.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just need to be 6 interior options for all trim levels.

A light and dark cloth, a light and dark vinyl, and a black leather and saddle leather. Nothing else.

Base gets cloth, that's it.
BB and BD get cloth or the vinyl, that's it.
OBX gets all 6 interiors.
BL, WT get vinyl or leather, that's it.

Keep it SIMPLE Ford.

I REALLY hesitate to let the FEs have a "special" interior. They are 7,000 and done. If the Saddle color gets put on them then its technically done forever. I would have loved to have had Lightning Blue paint but I will never have that chance.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As you wish, though Ford did claim that they pulled manual sasquatch timing up in reaction to feedback. I'm not going to argue the minutia of it, since none of know what is going on inside their offices. Are they really listening? Who knows, but the fact that they are at least engaging with us now is a lot more significant than people seem to realize.

My broader point may be obvious to you, but it clearly isn't to a lot of people on here. Too many folks have become accustomed to instant gratification, and the vehicle development process is still a years-long effort. That's why I made the point.

A lot of people here also seem to missing the forest for the trees, getting bogged down in things like I don't like the style of the interior. As someone inside the industry, I'm just impressed that they've - on the whole - developed what is apparently an amazing vehicle, that they did it at all. And they did it in with capabilities and options that fly in the face of what the majority of the current market says is a better business decision. Is it every enthusiast's dream machine? No. Are there aspects that we'd like amended? Of course. But the vehicle still checks most of boxes it should.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m starting to wonder how easy it is to replace certain parts in the car. If you swap the mid panel, the vent knobs, and the grab handles from a Badlands with the roast interior of the Outer Banks, you get very close to the pre-production concept. I did a quick photoshop to see how close we actual get. I also darkened some of the silver accents like steering wheel, door handle, and volume controls.
Ford Bronco More Interior Options & Colors -- Ford CEO Farley is listening to Bronco6g members! broncowhitedash

I mean how hard would it be for Ford to just do this?! It’s not even new products for the supply chain. They’d obviously have to correct the blue stitching on the seats as well, but again, easy fix for Ford.
Honestly, I'd purchase this.

Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On an OB, switching between Navy Pier and Roast Leather seating option seems to change the accent colors in the interior :unsure:

ET1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most of the interiors suck ill agree. But I am also not surprised by only one trim option on the FE. Its a special edition and this is commonplace. Did they pick an ugly interior for it? absolutely but no one should be surprised that only one interior is offered for it.

Steelbama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tacoma/2015 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I could have a black MIC top and a light gray seat option for my Badlands, I would be happy. This is after overlooking the manual situation.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Serious question - when are we gong to see real life interior photos and not the 1989 CGI renderings?!

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the Bronco Sport Badlands you can get the brown seats but not on the Bronco Badlands. Makes absolutely no sense to me that the lesser model gets nicer interiors.
Ford Bronco More Interior Options & Colors -- Ford CEO Farley is listening to Bronco6g members! broncosportbrownseats

Sponsored

CTS-V

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Most of the interiors suck ill agree. But I am also not surprised by only one trim option on the FE. Its a special edition and this is commonplace. Did they pick an ugly interior for it? absolutely but no one should be surprised that only one interior is offered for it.
I don’t mind only 1 interior option for FE (as you said it’s a special edition). My problem is they chose the most hideous interior for the special edition that most FE people don’t want.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PLEASE READ THIS POST - Even though this thread is getting long

We have 37 pages of valid concerns on the interior design choices Ford has made, sure Jim Farley, @jimfarley98, responded on Twitter, but a few members asking for their specific wish list items does not serve the entire Bronco6g community. The only way we can do this is to get several concise lists of interior concerns and then present that list to Jim Farley for consideration. We do have a @jfarley98 member registered here that posted once and claimed to be Jim Farley, we hope that was actually him and not just not someone making a bogus account. If it is the real Jim Farley, once we have a concise list, we could ask him to respond to it here.

For example, several members say they need a Black interior on certain models. I planned to purchase the Badlands but will now wait to see what they do with the interior, I live in hot & humid Texas, black vinyl or leather (the only choice on Badlands) and black tops don't work here, unless you love sweating, at least with black cloth you stand a chance, but cloth is not available on the Badlands. Besides the heat & humidity issue, I personally don't like the look of black interiors, where are the lighter colors, tan and gray, for hot and humid states?

So you can see we all have our own preferences and what we really need is more of a collective community list, one that summarizes all concerns. Who has been following the ins and outs of this thread, model by model, that could start such a list? If there are several of you who know the issues, you could start by posting a summary, It needs to be concise and business like, following some reasonable order, such as:

Trim: Badlands
Area: Interior​
Issue: Color​
Recommendations: Need lighter colors, such as Tan or Gray, for those that live in hot states or drive with the top off.​

Trim: All
Area: Seats​
Issue: Sweaty Seats in Hot & Humid States​
Recommendations: Seats need Optional Perforation Holes and Cooling Fans​
I think a lot of people would be very happy if they just offered the MGV like in this photo...like already posted by someone else. Ford shouldn't be too pressed to make it happen since they already sorted it out on the prototype concept they've been showing off. Along with the white dash. It's beautiful. Lets not forget...MIC BLACK HARD TOP!

Ford Bronco More Interior Options & Colors -- Ford CEO Farley is listening to Bronco6g members! 1603820228923

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know I’m one of the weirdos. But I like the ugly interiors. I think they were going for a out of the box thinking color scheme.
Im just going to enjoy and embrace the ugly. It gives it its own special character. I’d rather not have a boring rental car interior.
Just like the Bronco, I want something different and special.
C’mon, the Bronco is BUILT WILD not boring. :cool:

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I know I’m one of the weirdos. But I like the ugly interiors. I think they were going for a out of the box thinking color scheme.
Im just going to enjoy and embrace the ugly. It gives it its own special character. I’d rather not have a boring rental car interior.
Just like the Bronco, I want something different and special.
C’mon, the Bronco is BUILT WILD not boring. :cool:
Out of the box, you mean out of their FUCKIN minds with some of these color combos!!!

NAVY PIER IS A DISASTER AND IS NOT UNIQUE, COOL, OR OUT OF THE BOX!!!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did call customer service at Ford yesterday to cancel my reservation, due to lack of white top and current interior choices. The rep said to hold my reservation until order time because there could be more changes coming. I don’t believe it l, but I’m hanging onto to it until December. Maybe Ford will offer some more interior choices. I still prefer a white top, so I will most likely cancel anyway and wait for 2022 unless Ford really surprises us. I don’t have faith in what I’ve seen so far.
If an all black leather interior with power seats was offered in Outer Banks, I'd be very happy.
Sponsored