First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dear Ford: Please make MGV seating with rubber flooring an option on the base model. This is not a luxury option...my base F-150 XL has rubber flooring, why can't we get it on the Bronco?
Sponsored

Deleted member 13817

I love the passion. If we are going to have a chance, a message to the CEO must be concise and MOST importantly practically actionable. It is too late in the MY21 process for changing handle colors.

The most probable POSSIBLE change given the timing would be a current seat option being opened up to other models. Prime example is the black seats from the badlands. It is neutral and black is a highly available commodity already.

We have to get aligned. I hate to say it, this would actually be a reasonable use case for a survey. God help us all...Multiple requests will be spitting in the wind.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We have to get aligned. I hate to say it, this would actually be a reasonable use case for a survey. God help us all...Multiple requests will be spitting in the wind.
Polls have sort of gone by the wayside here since B&P came out.....or maybe they're just flooded out with the zillion new threads on the same things that have been discussed for months.

Polls are dead. Long live the polls!!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think a lot of people would be very happy if they just offered the MGV like in this photo...like already posted by someone else. Ford shouldn't be too pressed to make it happen since they already sorted it out on the prototype concept they've been showing off. Along with the white dash. It's beautiful. Lets not forget...MIC BLACK HARD TOP!

1603820228923.png
Sending a one off prototype to the upholstery shop and saying make it white and light gray is miles from Production ready. Planning to build thousands of something requires engineering and manufacturing drawings and documents, management approvals, etc. Then contracts has to work with the suppliers and plan out the material delivers and on and on.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just need to be 6 interior options for all trim levels.

A light and dark cloth, a light and dark vinyl, and a black leather and saddle leather. Nothing else.

Base gets cloth, that's it.
BB and BD get cloth or the vinyl, that's it.
OBX gets all 6 interiors.
BL, WT get vinyl or leather, that's it.
@Jr87mustang, I grew up in Northern California, where I see you live, then I spent a number of years in Southern California. Living in those locations did nothing to prepare me for the heat and humidity of Texas. So it is understandable when you create your list, you're not taking into account the needs of all 50 states.

I want to buy a Badlands, but the only thing that will work for me is a cloth interior or a vinyl or leather interior, if, and only if, it has perforation holes and cooling fans. Otherwise I have to spend another $2K to $3K on Katzkin seat covers. But your plan is "BL, WT get vinyl or leather, that's it." No, that's not it. We all have individual prefaces, Ford can still keep things simple and allow personal choice by allowing "OBX, BL & WT get all 6 interiors".

It is obvious the designers at Ford, living in Dearborn, Michigan, do not understand the states where there is burning sun to staggering humidify. Our Bronco6g community needs to include the preferences of all customers for Jim Farley to better understand how things should differ from what is the current offering.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t want to minimize the aesthetic concerns (especially for WT and FE customers). With that said, you need to live in the south to understand how serious the dark interior on essentially a convertible is. Park and walk in to the grocery store with the top off, come back out in 45 minutes to burn your legs when you sit down. And that’s North Carolina, not even Texas where there are a gazillion customers and the sun is even more potent. The solution should be simple:

1. Light gray or tan in cloth, vinyl and leather. (both would be great, light grey is preferred by almost everyone).

2. Apply the same solution across all models as appropriate. That doesn’t mean offer leather on the base, keep the mix but make sure each model has at least one light solution.

Ford could consolidate seat choices a TON to balance this out.
Yes, what happened to this interior and why on the most expensive WT trim I cannot get Vinyl ????????
Ford Bronco More Interior Options & Colors -- Ford CEO Farley is listening to Bronco6g members! 2021-Ford-Bronco-4-door-2-2

Ford Bronco More Interior Options & Colors -- Ford CEO Farley is listening to Bronco6g members! 115820883_4677762462241278_2116776361484655677_n
Ford Bronco More Interior Options & Colors -- Ford CEO Farley is listening to Bronco6g members! 2021-Ford-Bronco-4-door-1

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sending a one off prototype to the upholstery shop and saying make it white and light gray is miles from Production ready. Planning to build thousands of something requires engineering and manufacturing drawings and documents, management approvals, etc. Then contracts has to work with the suppliers and plan out the material delivers and on and on.
In the case of a color change, they already have patterns. All they would need to do is use black leather. It's not like black leather is unavailable. They use it on practically every model and likely use the same vendor.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Jr87mustang,

It is obvious the designers at Ford, living in Dearborn, Michigan, do not understand the states where there is burning sun to staggering humidify. Our Bronco6g community needs to include the preferences of all customers for Jim Farley to better understand how things should differ from what is the current offering.
If you do a dealer search in the Phoenix area and look at how many vehicles are stocked with black interior, you'd see that theory is flawed. In the 20 years I've lived here, I've bought 11 vehicles and only the 05 Surpercrew had tan because I didn't want to wait for one with black, so I settled.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Jr87mustang, I grew up in Northern California, where I see you live, then I spent a number of years in Southern California. Living in those locations did nothing to prepare me for the heat and humidity of Texas. So it is understandable when you create your list, you're not taking into account the needs of all 50 states.

I want to buy a Badlands, but the only thing that will work for me is a cloth interior or a vinyl or leather interior, if, and only if, it has perforation holes and cooling fans. Otherwise I have to spend another $2K to $3K on Katzkin seat covers. But your plan is "BL, WT get vinyl or leather, that's it." No, that's not it. We all have individual prefaces, Ford can still keep things simple and allow personal choice by allowing "OBX, BL & WT get all 6 interiors".

I get it, I do. The more complicated it's made the less anyone at Ford will want anything to do with it. I am surprised we got any attention at all. With that attention everyone is yelling what their personal needs are and that will not work. To make money Ford has to keep it simple. Having Leather available on the Base because someone wants it doesn't work. Having 6 interiors on every model doesn't work. Its not that I personally don't want to included everyone's request, I am just being logical and realistic. The model I wrote out is what big car companies some what follow. I guess we could go to Jeeps and have black or brown in cloth and leather and that's it. It would just be nice if our efforts were concentrated. BL is the bad rock crawler of the group and having the MGV makes sense with the washout floor. Thats why Ford did it.

And this is just my opinion, I am not disregarding yours at all. We just need a precise message for Ford and we don't have it.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you do a dealer search in the Phoenix area and look at how many vehicles are stocked with black interior, you'd see that theory is flawed. In the 20 years I've lived here, I've bought 11 vehicles and only the 05 Surpercrew had tan because I didn't want to wait for one with black, so I settled.
Many people settle, that's not me, black only Badlands = No Sale