Sponsored

More Jeep people thinking about getting the Bronco?

Lord-Maniac

Black Diamond
First Name
JIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I am .. sold my 2012 JK after a hundred thousand miles. it had heating and cooling issues due to sand from part molding in the cooling system heater core busted twice and started overheating after 30 minutes of driving.. Now my custom ordered JL Rubi has been in the dealership for over 50 days and counting 7 steering components were changed out busted seat, and the Motor is shutting off at red lights, and now a blown up transmission that's been in and out 2 times.... all this @ 12,000 miles so I'm thinking about switching teams what say you .... I know there are plenty of jeeps that are fine so spare me the 50,000 miles no issues I get it .. I just think its time JEEP and I start seeing other people that's all !!! lol
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are lemons with any vehicle.

That being said I feel like the JL has been having a lot more than usual. Or it’s possible that it’s just because there’s so damn many of them

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think wranglers get a bad rap just because of how much abuse they get. Especially lifted with stock axles, no drivetrain angle or suspension geometry corrections etc. of course you’re going to break stuff. My wrangler JK with the shitty 3.8; bought it with 133k miles and already put 12k on it. Had to replace an AC sensor and a radiator (my commute murders radiators; anyone who lives in AZ will attest to the US 60 being a piece of shit lol) and that’s it so far. It has impeccable service history, no lift kit, and I take it easy off road so I’m sure it will do just fine until Bronco arrives.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
i remember when It opened. It was a huge deal. ”New JK Jeep Wrangler now in a 4 door at the new Jeep plant”
first year saw 120,000 USA units +. Now with the gladiator they are pumping out 250,000+ creeping closer to 300,000 yes. doubling production in just 10 years is going to cause a lot of issues. And the big reason why the bronco is coming. To eat up those sales!

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im a classic jeeper and always recomend jeeps because i feel that mpre than any other vehicle make, they are all (whole lineup combined) slighty more oriented to a roungh lifestyle than all others. I even talked my sister into a nice ragtop JL. However I have a long time lust for Fords and after a surgery the only vehicle she likes riding in is our 96 bronco and she wont get in my old beater jeeps anymore. So thats why I need a new bronco, we need something thats tough and comfy on the 100% soft patch asphalt repaired mile and a half long road we live on thats also filled with drainage humps and tilts. Our TTB 96 is softer than most. But it rocks side to side alot.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Breaking news! Class action lawsuit filed for Electric Disconnecting swaybar failing on the Jeep Wrangler and Ram !
The control module is under the car. Prone to water damage! GENIUSES!
Let’s put a sensitive computer on the bottom of an off road vehicle!

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Breaking news! Class action lawsuit filed for Electric Disconnecting swaybar failing on the Jeep Wrangler and Ram !
The control module is under the car. Prone to water damage! GENIUSES!
Let’s put a sensitive computer on the bottom of an off road vehicle!
I read it as they didn't design the seals for the electronics module correctly, resulting in ingress.

If a submersible can dive down to the Titanic, then an ECM should be fine underneath a Jeep if it isn't designed by morons.

Unfortunately, it appears to have been designed by morons. Sigh.

OP
OP
Lord-Maniac

Lord-Maniac

Black Diamond
First Name
JIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love Jeeps. but I can't let the number of issues with this one Go. @ 12,000 miles and since I've kinda been bitten twice let's see what Ford brings I would rather have the front solid axle but I'm betting they know that's going to be a spot where the Naysayers are going to try and pick it apart hopefully they've done their homework and have some tricks up their sleeve

Sponsored

Longshot

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think wranglers get a bad rap just because of how much abuse they get. Especially lifted with stock axles, no drivetrain angle or suspension geometry corrections etc. of course you’re going to break stuff. My wrangler JK with the shitty 3.8; bought it with 133k miles and already put 12k on it. Had to replace an AC sensor and a radiator (my commute murders radiators; anyone who lives in AZ will attest to the US 60 being a piece of shit lol) and that’s it so far. It has impeccable service history, no lift kit, and I take it easy off road so I’m sure it will do just fine until Bronco arrives.
Oh yeah... Freeway driving here is murder on the front end of our vehicles! Both my F-150 and my Wife's BMW look like they have been sandblasted from the 60/202/101 .... :(

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love Jeeps. but I can't let the number of issues with this one Go. @ 12,000 miles and since I've kinda been bitten twice let's see what Ford brings I would rather have the front solid axle but I'm betting they know that's going to be a spot where the Naysayers are going to try and pick it apart hopefully they've done their homework and have some tricks up their sleeve
I’ve been burned by Chrysler too many times to ever trust them again. Biggest one was a 2006 Jeep Liberty. That horrible 3.7 went at 140k. Transfer case always got stuck. Window never worked. Alternators kept dying. But it was a fun little suv.

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, I am .. sold my 2012 JK after a hundred thousand miles. it had heating and cooling issues due to sand from part molding in the cooling system heater core busted twice and started overheating after 30 minutes of driving.. Now my custom ordered JL Rubi has been in the dealership for over 50 days and counting 7 steering components were changed out busted seat, and the Motor is shutting off at red lights, and now a blown up transmission that's been in and out 2 times.... all this @ 12,000 miles so I'm thinking about switching teams what say you .... I know there are plenty of jeeps that are fine so spare me the 50,000 miles no issues I get it .. I just think its time JEEP and I start seeing other people that's all !!!lol
Good timing, if you didn’t hold out this long you’d be with a gmc chick called jimmy,lol.

i remember when It opened. It was a huge deal. ”New JK Jeep Wrangler now in a 4 door at the new Jeep plant”
first year saw 120,000 USA units +. Now with the gladiator they are pumping out 250,000+ creeping closer to 300,000 yes. doubling production in just 10 years is going to cause a lot of issues. And the big reason why the bronco is coming. To eat up those sales!
Yes, I’ll have one of those models, “”JRV” “ Jeep Rescue Vehicle”
I kid, it was just fun to type. Everyone knows Jeep has held the trail crown ? for like ever. The broncos return will place it as an under dog, for sure, but let’s hope she’s up to the challenge. That is if Ford wants it to be a GOAT.

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.7 Ecoboost in the Bronco will put the Wrangler to shame. With a simple tune it will in a different league as far as power goes. Wrangler has always been underpowered. I’m not a Jeep owner but have spent some time driving a JL recently and while I love the fun factor and had the top off the whole time, I can’t get past how slow and unresponsive it was. I feel the same way about Tacoma and 4Runners.
Sponsored