Sponsored

More Jeep people thinking about getting the Bronco?

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am hopeful that the Bronco will turn out great. Drove Ford pickups as my daily-driver go-to-work vehicle from 1978 to 2008. Switched to a small sports car Mazda and had fun with that but now need to get back into a full size vehicle for back problems, general utility etc. Would have gotten a Jeep about 3 years ago but the maintenance/service issues have scared me away. Keeping my fingers crossed and checking this forum several times a day in hopes of good news. rak2
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MORE JEEP PEOPLE THINKING ABOUT GETTING THE BRANCO?

Judging by some of the latest posts, it sounds like some (impatient) "Branco people" are going to get Heeps. lol

BroncoRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it were up to me I'd have one of each. I like them all. Keep my old JK, build it up more for the hardcore trails. Get a Gladiator and build it for long distance overlanding and camping. And have a Bronco for everything in between, and because I like it.

I hope there is room for all of these vehicles because they're all cool. I hope we seem them all out of the trails and campsites.

Engineerd

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't know if Ford is going to need to compete in the way a lot of people think they will. The Wrangler has a solid axle, and for a lot of people that is the end of the story.
On the other hand, a small portion of people who buy a Wrangler buy it because it has a solid axle. Many people buy a Wrangler because it is a fun off road convertible. There are no other options.
Ford is coming to the party with a fun off road convertible, with more power than the Wrangler, and much better driving dynamics. It will be more capable off road than anything this side of the Wrangler, and offer the roof off summer fun you cannot get in anything other than a Wrangler.
Ford is going to hope people cross shop, because if any of you have been in a modern Ford vs modern Jeep it will be a no brainier...
Unless you absolutely need a solid axle.

OP
OP
Lord-Maniac

Lord-Maniac

Black Diamond
First Name
JIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know if Ford is going to need to compete in the way a lot of people think they will. The Wrangler has a solid axle, and for a lot of people that is the end of the story.
On the other hand, a small portion of people who buy a Wrangler buy it because it has a solid axle. Many people buy a Wrangler because it is a fun off road convertible. There are no other options.
Ford is coming to the party with a fun off road convertible, with more power than the Wrangler, and much better driving dynamics. It will be more capable off road than anything this side of the Wrangler, and offer the roof off summer fun you cannot get in anything other than a Wrangler.
Ford is going to hope people cross shop, because if any of you have been in a modern Ford vs modern Jeep it will be a no brainier...
[/QUOTI
I completely agree I love My Jeeps! but when it comes to a daily driver I am not taking it on the Rubicon trail twice a week. Ford would have to have substantial data showing the necessity of the solid front axle. and just how many can be swayed without one .... shit who knows maybe a front axle is an option for the Rock Monster package? but for most of us right with the Right gears, locking, Rears, and power to fear we would be golden

Sponsored

DrPerez007

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ; 2015 Dodge Charger (work); 2016 Jeep JKU; 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat; 2019 Jeep JLU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On the other hand, a small portion of people who buy a Wrangler buy it because it has a solid axle.
Yeah, I think the real question is, “How many Wrangler buyers today would know the difference between a solid axle and IFS?”

topher3134

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Wherever the Army takes me, middle east right now
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Superduty FX4, 2012 F150 FX4, 2007 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I completely agree I love My Jeeps! but when it comes to a daily driver I am not taking it on the Rubicon trail twice a week. Ford would have to have substantial data showing the necessity of the solid front axle. and just how many can be swayed without one .... shit who knows maybe a front axle is an option for the Rock Monster package? but for most of us right with the Right gears, locking, Rears, and power to fear we would be golden
I think there are alot of off roaders out there with IFS that do just fine. So I dont know how many people this is really an issue for. The bigest limitation I have found is how much more complex it was to lift my F150s than it was to lift my F250. I assume the bronco will be the same way. Lots of drop brackets and additional hardware. As a guy that took my 12 f150 hunting deer the same week I bought it, I use them for what they are supposed to be used. I can say the amount of time my wife has taken her lifted f150 with 35s offroad can be counted on 1 finger....

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I think the real question is, “How many Wrangler buyers today would know the difference between a solid axle and IFS?”
If they don't they'll be asking a bunch of questions after their first experience with the dreaded "death wobble" o_O

Sponsored

FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I bet some prospective Jeep buyers may start considering waiting to see how the Bronco performs after this:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/33354...ips-over-during-iihs-front-overlap-crash-test
I have to say my pregnant wife was rear ended(insert witty joke here) in our JKU and if it wasn't for that giant tire on the back things could have been bad for her and the baby. An early 2000's Suburban had broken lights and a dented front hood, on the JKU some of the white lettering was rubbed, I haven't even changed the tire.
I have also seen accouple of jeep roll overs on youtube, does kind of make you nervous. The Bronco looks pretty beefy so I am looking forward to seeing their crashtests and youtube videos.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel the bronco will fill a different void in the same vein as the jeep. Jeep has worked wonders for SFA drivability. But its far from perfect. The bronco with IFS will sway people soley on comfort. The other areas where the bronco should shine, power, towing, shoulder room, and creature comforts. Styling is subjective, so thats a wash. But personally, I think the vast majority of wrangler buyers dont need a rock crawler. So to have something that will get them back in the woods, and still be comfortable on the road, will sway buyers to the blue oval. It theoretically could eclipse the jeep in sales based off those characteristics alone. It will be easy to determine 3-6 months after launch, as to how well its recieved. Ford aslo needs to be sure the paint issues they have been riddled with over the last 10-15 years is adressed. I know of people who switched brands soley on that.
If Chrispy can weigh in. What market are they reaching for exactly?