John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They know which ones need to be replaced, its only 553 not all.
So I have a 1 in 6 chance that my vehicle will be further delayed. My MIC-2 is being installed this month, and i don't know yet whether it will be delayed further
Sponsored

LEGORick

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My build date was July 20. I just got a shipping notice today after my dirt mountain hard top was replaced. Please for the love of God don't let me be one of the 553. 😣

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's pretty eye opening. I'm sure someone on here will calculate the number of Broncos built during the affected time frame and give a percentage of affected Broncos. 😁
Given that it says there are 6 workers who folded airbags and only 1 was folding airbags incorrectly assuming equal production by each worker the percentage would be 1 in 6.

Spidie

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 sport trac
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If its a new employee, where was the training supervisor?

So does this mean that all vehicles built durin that period are effected, or that only 1/6 of the vehicles built are affected . . . And can they tell which vehicles have the bad airbags . . .?
My dealer has already told me that my VIN # is not 1 of the affected airbags.... but I still have no delivery date and it's been built since August 3rd. 🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I have a 1 in 6 chance that my vehicle will be further delayed. My MIC-2 is being installed this month, and i don't know yet whether it will be delayed further
My build date was July 20. I just got a shipping notice today after my dirt mountain hard top was replaced. Please for the love of God don't let me be one of the 553. 😣
you can find out already, it should show up in the Ford pass app if you have your Bronco added in there.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

just because it's only 553 doesn't mean that they know which 553 broncos were affected out of the 4K stuck at Dirt Mountain. Unless you heard that they can pinpoint them, you'd be making a bad assumption to assume that they can correlate the worker folded every 1 out of 6 bronco airbags to the bronco VINs.
Wrong. They know which airbags this employee folded and need to be recalled. This stuff is tracked.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just because it's only 553 doesn't mean that they know which 553 broncos were affected out of the 4K stuck at Dirt Mountain. Unless you heard that they can pinpoint them, you'd be making a bad assumption to assume that they can correlate the worker folded every 1 out of 6 bronco airbags to the bronco VINs.
Ford traces every individual airbag module that goes into each vehicle. The supplier has to have traceability of every component of the airbag module ( inflator, airbag,cover, etc). If the supplier gives a list of suspect modules ford can find the vehicle the modules are in real quick. There were probably more modules with the defect that did not make it into Broncos.

goobstew

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really don't think it would be improper to shoot this employee for ruining the lives of over 500 reservation holders. First world problems are real.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The employee must have been a ob/gyn before he worked there. Thought that extra fold would make it better, like the extra stitch he was used to doing! 😉

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for sharing. So we have to wait until 11/15 to find out if we are affected or not? I would like to know now if my DM Bronco is affected or not and not sure the FSA link is correct or at this time (says no recall for my vin).
They are already identified in the databases.

LEGORick

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
you can find out already, it should show up in the Ford pass app if you have your Bronco added in there.

Ahh, interesting. I do have it in there and don't see any messages or anything, so I'm going to assume I'm in the clear. Possibly. 😅

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's not hard to look it up. Just check the recall database or ETIS.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just because it's only 553, doesn't mean that they know which 553 broncos were affected out of the 4K stuck at Dirt Mountain. Unless you heard that they can pinpoint each one, you'd shouldn;'t assume that they can correlate the worker who poorly folded every 1 out of 6 bronco airbags to the bronco VINs on the lot. Hopefully they can. But given the way things have gone so far...
Actually, they know exactly which ones are affected and have updated the databases on 4 October to flag these vehicles.

Clem

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Given that it says there are 6 workers who folded airbags and only 1 was folding airbags incorrectly assuming equal production by each worker the percentage would be 1 in 6.
Yeah I get it but it seems like someone here is always looking for a reason to count up broncos from multiple angles. I enjoy the reading that they provide.
Sponsored