John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You could apply that argument to a lot of things you have done by your dealer or service centers. The dealer is going to be the one to put in a new air bag and you trust him to do that. Obviously, it would have to be determined if it was a matter of a simple extra fold and if it could easily and safely be put right. As my op said, perhaps there is a lot more to it.
You have a point, dealers will install airbags, but apparently not service or disassemble the airbag itself, and in this case, its the actual airbag thats built wrong, not the installation
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK, so there's probably a lot more to this but in reading the info. I couldn't help but think- Why couldn't the dealer just open up the area, remove the extra fold in the air bag and put it back in?
That would probably be considered tampering.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You could apply that argument to a lot of things you have done by your dealer or service centers. The dealer is going to be the one to put in a new air bag and you trust him to do that. Obviously, it would have to be determined if it was a matter of a simple extra fold and if it could easily and safely be put right. As my op said, perhaps there is a lot more to it.
More likely it will be a complete assembly installed.

abs

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine got delivered, only for the dealer to say I can't have it because of this...does anyone know of a way I can get around this legally?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine got delivered, only for the dealer to say I can't have it because of this...does anyone know of a way I can get around this legally?
Probably not... Being that it's safety equipment, the liability for releasing it would be a show-stopper.

Sponsored

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone heard anything more on this front? I just cannot believe that they came out with this recall and there's been no communication about when they are actually going to correct this issue...oh wait, yes, I can believe the lack of communication, but I'm still not happy about it.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone heard anything more on this front? I just cannot believe that they came out with this recall and there's been no communication about when they are actually going to correct this issue...oh wait, yes, I can believe the lack of communication, but I'm still not happy about it.
Dave, the recall only effects 1/6 of the vehicles built during that time frame, 450ish vehicles, MIC & Soft Top, some in Purgatory, and if you have a VIN you can easily check and see if your vehicle has an airbag recall. The low number is likely why there's been no more chatter. EG, I checked my VIN, theres no recall, and my vehicle has been shipped.

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dave, the recall only effects 1/6 of the vehicles built during that time frame, 450ish vehicles, MIC & Soft Top, some in Purgatory, and if you have a VIN you can easily check and see if your vehicle has an airbag recall. The low number is likely why there's been no more chatter. EG, I checked my VIN, theres no recall, and my vehicle has been shipped.
Mine is one of the recalls. I had verified it previously, and the recall was issued after it was already on the train to my dealership. Now it’s set to be delivered in just a couple of days and there’s no timeframe for when they’ll get it fixed so I can take delivery. This is made all the more annoying due to the fact we’re down to one car at the moment, and while I understand it’s such a small number affected, that small number should also allow them to get it corrected for more expediently than mid-November or later.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine is one of the recalls. I had verified it previously, and the recall was issued after it was already on the train to my dealership. Now it’s set to be delivered in just a couple of days and there’s no timeframe for when they’ll get it fixed so I can take delivery. This is made all the more annoying due to the fact we’re down to one car at the moment, and while I understand it’s such a small number affected, that small number should also allow them to get it corrected for more expediently than mid-November or later.
What a bummer! I wish you could take delivery and get the recall fixed later, thats got to be one issue too many! Hopefully you can be one of the first to get a new airbag installed in November. Good luck! I hope you'll post a photo when you get it!

Were you also a Purgatory MIC replacement?

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What a bummer! I wish you could take delivery and get the recall fixed later, thats got to be one issue too many! Hopefully you can be one of the first to get a new airbag installed in November. Good luck! I hope you'll post a photo when you get it!

Were you also a Purgatory MIC replacement?
Yeah, I was originally built in early August after several moved build dates, so wasn’t on DM as long as others, but was still there. In fact, it was similar to the airbag issue. If it had slipped out a couple days sooner after being built it would have beat the top recall and I could have been driving it while waiting on the top, and the airbag issue literally caught as it was in transit for delivery, so again, a couple days too slow to slip out before they locked them down.

Sponsored

KareBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda CX-5, 2020 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

😖:poop:
Ford Bronco More on Bronco Airbag Recall – Affects 553 Vehicles FE8521FC-013E-4BBD-B00C-C7D883DF57FB

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It has been over a month and still no answer from Ford for a remedy. Sure would be nice if they would allow the vehicles to be sold and leave the dealership. My Bronco has been built since 1st week of August and Ford still has no remedy of how to replace the faulty airbag and is just keeping the vehicle from being sold. Hopefully they will address this soon. Sure would like to pick up my Bronco in the upcoming weeks.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It has been over a month and still no answer from Ford for a remedy. Sure would be nice if they would allow the vehicles to be sold and leave the dealership. My Bronco has been built since 1st week of August and Ford still has no remedy of how to replace the faulty airbag and is just keeping the vehicle from being sold. Hopefully they will address this soon. Sure would like to pick up my Bronco in the upcoming weeks.
Bummer. Sorry to hear this is still unresolved.

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine came in yesterday and has the recall. Dealer told me it could after the first of the year before it gets fixed so I am going to call ford service every day and complain.
Sponsored