Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Living in Sacramento, CA - I am fortunate to have relatively easy access to the mountains and all kinds of trails, about an hour to an hour and a half away from where I live. The other night, I realized that I had some time to kill on Sunday, so I posted in my local Bronco group's Facebook page, that I was thinking about heading up to the snow - did anyone want to join? By Sunday morning, we had coordinated a short drive, consisting of a total of 5 Broncos - one classic (Bob, who I've been on several drives with, Chris - another member of the group who's one of my friends, and 2 first timers who have never taken their Bronco to the snow, or maybe even off road). Perfect mix.

We met up at 8:30am near the trail, and headed on up the hill, found a good spot to air down tires (I went to 15psi) and have a quick drivers meeting to set expectations, talk about communications, etc, which goes from about 4000 feet elevation to a high of 7000 feet. We made it to about 6000 feet elevation - it was a great drive - I led the front, and then we staggered the new drivers in between the experienced drivers, with Bob in his OG Bronco in the back (he's the only one with a winch). a lot of the trail got some fresh powder the night before, so we were breaking trail - and the Bronco continued to impress me, maneuvering through 8-12" deep powder with confidence. Keeping an eye on the new guy behind me, he was able to follow in the tracks I was making, and was doing great - one of the highlights of the drive was when I checked in with everyone on the radio to see how they were doing and one of the new drivers, Jennifer exclaimed over the radio how much of an absolute blast she was having.

We got to a point where the snow was getting deeper and deeper, and I ended up getting stuck twice trying to break trail - so at this point, the guy behind me got his first 'recovery' and pulled me out quickly with a kinetic rope - we all agreed to turn around and head back.. .so Bob in the OG Bronco did a 5 point turn, and flattened out a nice area of snow for us to back up to, and turn around - then Bob led us back down the hill. We were back down to the bottom of the hill by 12:00, and back on the road home by 12:30, which is exactly what my goal was. Everyone had a great time, we got some beautiful views, a couple new Bronco owners got to play in the snow and get a feel for throttle control and how to navigate snow with confidence, being surrounded by people who could help if necessary.

Bottom line - welcome the new off-roaders into your group - embrace them, help them, make their first time out a fun experience, and continue to build the community :)

Ford Bronco More play in the snow ... Gold Country Broncos DJI_0006
Ford Bronco More play in the snow ... Gold Country Broncos DJI_0009
Ford Bronco More play in the snow ... Gold Country Broncos MJB01320
Ford Bronco More play in the snow ... Gold Country Broncos MJB01353
Ford Bronco More play in the snow ... Gold Country Broncos MJB01369
Ford Bronco More play in the snow ... Gold Country Broncos MJB01406
Ford Bronco More play in the snow ... Gold Country Broncos MJB01425
Ford Bronco More play in the snow ... Gold Country Broncos MJB01464
Ford Bronco More play in the snow ... Gold Country Broncos MJB01496
Ford Bronco More play in the snow ... Gold Country Broncos MJB01512
Ford Bronco More play in the snow ... Gold Country Broncos MJB01525

Fantastic way to wrap up the weekend!

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Incredible views — I just booked it over Donner Pass Saturday night to avoid getting stuck in that very storm you went searching for 😂 great to see y’all having a blast in it

Also, if you ever need a tow (hopefully not!) give the folks at Gold Country Tow a shout! Guy named Steel bailed me out when I had a tire stem fail on 80, they're good people.

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Telsa ROCKS!

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the drone footage. Looks like a great group and a lot of fun. One of these days I will join you.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
love the old red one. Wish I had an oldie

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Living in Sacramento, CA - I am fortunate to have relatively easy access to the mountains and all kinds of trails, about an hour to an hour and a half away from where I live. The other night, I realized that I had some time to kill on Sunday, so I posted in my local Bronco group's Facebook page, that I was thinking about heading up to the snow - did anyone want to join? By Sunday morning, we had coordinated a short drive, consisting of a total of 5 Broncos - one classic (Bob, who I've been on several drives with, Chris - another member of the group who's one of my friends, and 2 first timers who have never taken their Bronco to the snow, or maybe even off road). Perfect mix.

We met up at 8:30am near the trail, and headed on up the hill, found a good spot to air down tires (I went to 15psi) and have a quick drivers meeting to set expectations, talk about communications, etc, which goes from about 4000 feet elevation to a high of 7000 feet. We made it to about 6000 feet elevation - it was a great drive - I led the front, and then we staggered the new drivers in between the experienced drivers, with Bob in his OG Bronco in the back (he's the only one with a winch). a lot of the trail got some fresh powder the night before, so we were breaking trail - and the Bronco continued to impress me, maneuvering through 8-12" deep powder with confidence. Keeping an eye on the new guy behind me, he was able to follow in the tracks I was making, and was doing great - one of the highlights of the drive was when I checked in with everyone on the radio to see how they were doing and one of the new drivers, Jennifer exclaimed over the radio how much of an absolute blast she was having.

We got to a point where the snow was getting deeper and deeper, and I ended up getting stuck twice trying to break trail - so at this point, the guy behind me got his first 'recovery' and pulled me out quickly with a kinetic rope - we all agreed to turn around and head back.. .so Bob in the OG Bronco did a 5 point turn, and flattened out a nice area of snow for us to back up to, and turn around - then Bob led us back down the hill. We were back down to the bottom of the hill by 12:00, and back on the road home by 12:30, which is exactly what my goal was. Everyone had a great time, we got some beautiful views, a couple new Bronco owners got to play in the snow and get a feel for throttle control and how to navigate snow with confidence, being surrounded by people who could help if necessary.

Bottom line - welcome the new off-roaders into your group - embrace them, help them, make their first time out a fun experience, and continue to build the community :)

Fantastic way to wrap up the weekend!

Great planning and trip-leading! Nice trip. Love that old Bronco!

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This seems like such a welcoming group. As I’m in sacramento I’ll definitely try to make it out with you all one of these weekends! Could definitely use the guidance, but it’s kind of an intimidating hobby to break into.

Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sure California has its "issues," but you can't beat that geography!

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This seems like such a welcoming group. As I’m in Sacramento I’ll definitely try to make it out with you all one of these weekends! Could definitely use the guidance, but it’s kind of an intimidating hobby to break into.
Do not let it intimidate you. My off road and trail experience has been almost exclusively ATVs and dirt-bikes. I can't wait to hit the trails with my Bronco. I know that once I start, it will be a total adrenaline rush. These folks that are experienced will take you under their wing and they will learn quickly where your comfort zone is.
If you have not done Off-Rodeo, I HIGHLY recommend it. You learn so much about the Bronco's capabilities. They had one in TX that was done with women guides for women drivers only. Not trying to offend, just putting info out there. I am sure that Amy and Mike Clouds will do it again. He is the site director, she is a guide, and they are an AWESOME couple with awesome support.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rad ride. Jealous of all that snow.

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So jealous. Pretty much NOWHERE to trail in ohio.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any of the tires perform amazing in the snow?
Any of the tires best to avoid for the snow?
Sponsored