Bikeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4, 2011 4Runner SR5 4x4
I've been Cyber Orange from Day 1, but based on these pics....I promise to never drive it inside fluorescent lit buildings. :sick:

Advertisement

• Haha
Reactions: RLW

rmc523

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Could be...

Although living my life as a Jeep guy until now, I can say that when optioned with a dual top, the hardtop comes installed on the Jeep, with the soft top inside.

I can't see how else they would deliver the hardtop and soft top simultaneously on this either.

I do like how that soft top looks. It appears to be the much nicer "premium" top version Jeep started using several years ago. It was this premium that I had, and it was really nice. I used 303 fabric guard on it and it beaded water like waxed paint but remained soft. It is not the vinyl of the past.
Sure - I'm sure factory orders/deliveries would come with the hardtop in place and soft top in a box or something, but given they're testing production methods, it could simply be them working on the processes to install the soft top. Just guessing/trying to come up with logical possibilities.

The early “B&P” configurator leak mentions bikini and sunshade (mesh) tops. I’m hoping they have something cool that can quickly be strapped/bungied on.
I'm sure they'll have things like that as accessories.

OBX would have color matched mirror caps but the tires don’t look like 35s too me for some reason. And the door handles are body colored which also confuses me Bc the build and price style render on fords website shows painted door handles on the wildtrack but the description of the wildtrack does not. Hmmmm... so is the Area 51 truck a wildtrack???
The Wildtrak description did originally say body color door handles, but that was changed at some point - I feel like it likely ultimately gets body colored ones and the description got messed up.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Clubs

A51 looks OK here, still wish it was more gray like the Colorizer shows.
My big takeaway is that the 4d needs at least the 33's to look good so I'll have to take that into consideration when ordering. The Race Red Badlands looks great to me, I don't even mind the MIC gray top although a soft-top is still in the running.
The 2dr/4dr debate is irrelevant - no way I can live with the shortcomings of the 2dr.
Most likely I'll still get the Cactus Gray Big Bend and will just have to suck it up and put some 33" MTs on it right away.

As for color, this vid of the Bronco Sport still has me sold on Cacus Gray. Don't get too wrapped up in these pre-pro models under harsh artificial light.

I’m not trying to sound rude because it’s all personal taste but this video makes my split up with Cactus Grey official. I just have to admit that I loved the computer generated CG and not the actual CG. IMO this faint hint of green in an otherwise grey/white paint color is just too boring for a 50k play toy designed for the sandbox.

JAGSarge

Outer Banks
Staff member
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former Broncos - 76, 93, 95
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

mC.242

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Pathfinder
Clubs

I’m not trying to sound rude because it’s all personal taste but this video makes my split up with Cactus Grey official. I just have to admit that I loved the computer generated CG and not the actual CG. IMO this faint hint of green in an otherwise grey/white paint color is just too boring for a 50k play toy designed for the sandbox.
It's not rude at all - just honest.
It's funny how these colors are getting everyone worked up.
For me, I hated the greenish undertone of the CG in the renders and the prototype. Reminded me of toothpaste.
The actual color is just a really light gray, which is what I wanted. As close to white but not white.
Luckily we get to pick our own colors (y)

Techqua

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Clubs

I wonder if

It may be time for me to decide if I actually like this vehicle, or if I like the idea of it in my head. Being totally honest, I don’t like any of those in that picture.

Those outer banks models sitting there are $50,000 vehicles. I dont see it.

Most of the ones that are done right, i.e. badlands Or sasquatched higher end models look good but it’s going to be a crapshoot Without seeing in person before we order in 8 weeks.
I agree. It's stressing me out at this point. These Frankenbroncos make me want to jack somebody up because all it does is confuse me. Idk what Ford is thinking, but they are making this a frustrating process for me.

BearWithMe

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
My take: (for what it's worth, lol)

A51 is the best color. After seeing this, CG and Rapid Red dropped from above it.

Big Bend rims look CHEAP.

Outer Banks rims just don't work on a Bronco.

Sasquatch and Badlands rims are perfect of course.

Body-color fender flares work well on the Wrangler but not here. No. Just no. It looks WRONG.

I could be wrong, but the Iconic Silver Sasquatch doesn't look like a Base... appears to have LED taillights.

Gray hard top is hideous. Black soft top is meh.
Agree so much. Particularly on the Big Bend wheels — they’re the ugliest wheels in the whole Bronco lineup.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Clubs

4 door with 33s/35s 👍
Others including 2 door 👎

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Another pic for y’all. Looks like it’s a frankenbronco. Does that look like a Wildtrak badge y’all?

FFF65782-D10F-43B0-8B8E-8DAA5E55CE43.jpeg

acmepa

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Another pic for y’all. Looks like it’s a frankenbronco. Does that look like a Wildtrak badge y’all?

So the dark original photo of area 51 in this thread seems less representative of how it will look as this new photo better resembles the outdoor area 51 that is lighter in tone.

nminus1

Base
First Name
Henry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Per the Color Options sheet Base doesnt come with A51.
20200718_172406.jpg
All I need is a cool buzz, some tasty waves, and ANTIMATTER BLUE!!! Thank you for the color choice thingy I haven't seen that. It actually means the Base model is even rarer than I thought!! That should drive the used price way up in the future!!! LOL

OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2021 Bronco Owner

I'm really thinking now it's a BD with the upgraded wheels. It's hard to tell if the white in the middle is a mountain or a wave though! We need more pictures of that badge! Lol

Yolobaggins

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
I'm really thinking now it's a BD with the upgraded wheels. It's hard to tell if the white in the middle is a mountain or a wave though! We need more pictures lol.
This looks like the same one posted on the group pic just this morning. Its the only soft top we have seen plus its A51 with upgraded wheels

I am pretty sure this is the Black Diamond

OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2021 Bronco Owner
This looks like the same one posted on the group pic just this morning. Its the only soft top we have seen plus its A51 with upgraded wheels

I am pretty sure this is the Black Diamond
We need more! I need more! Pictures!!!! Ready to see alot more two doors too! I'd really like to see what the black steelies would look like on that. Good looking bronco!

Advertisement

Advertisement