First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The colorizer is part of their main page even after you click "review and reserve" for any particular trim, and doesn't indicate options for one trim. The color options sheet that @HuskerJen47 posted is the real reference here, but that hasn't changed since reveal day 7/13 (doesn't include Lightning Blue being an FE-exclusive).
I hope they do include Area 51 in the base. Although the Mid Package is s requirement for me too so the Base is still out.
Sponsored

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The early “B&P” configurator leak mentions bikini and sunshade (mesh) tops. I’m hoping they have something cool that can quickly be strapped/bungied on.

Last edited:

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree mostly

I think us area51 early committers kinda knew it was the superior color objectively (your own personal preferences aside) and can't help but chuckle reading all these comments of people just realizing it !

I love the area51 and am secure with it but really wish there were an army green. I also wish the area51 was exclusively made just for me and nobody else lol
You cracked me up because that's how I feel about it lol.

Deleted member 2346

what is the area 51 on top, a OBX with sasquatch ?
OBX would have color matched mirror caps but the tires don’t look like 35s too me for some reason. And the door handles are body colored which also confuses me Bc the build and price style render on fords website shows painted door handles on the wildtrack but the description of the wildtrack does not. Hmmmm... so is the Area 51 truck a wildtrack???

MardiGrasTexan

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Wow that Area 51 looks so good here
Yeah, that pic created a dilemma for me. Very pretty vehicle in the Area 51. I was sold on the Cactus Gray but I've always worried about how the CG will age. Will it still be "hot" in 4 or 5 years? Not sure. The Area 51 looks like a long term color.

Sponsored

Yelie

First Edition
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 MINI JCW, 2019 Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dang - just when I finally made up my mind on colors the Area 51 and Rapid Red start looking sexy :eek:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also loving the soft top. I’m now thinking I may need to get the dual top option. Hmmm...
I really like the soft top in this pic too. Much better than the test vehicles. I may just save $2k and stick with the soft top on my 4door. would like to see more black modular hard top pics though and get some final pricing

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The early “B&P” configurator leak mentions bikini and sunshade (mesh) tops. I’m hoping they have something cool that can quickly be strapped/bungied on.
My bikini top (no obvious jokes please) stayed on my last Wrangler almost year round. In Colorado. Should be fun on the Bronc.

Sponsored

acmepa

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, that pic created a dilemma for me. Very pretty vehicle in the Area 51. I was sold on the Cactus Gray but I've always worried about how the CG will age. Will it still be "hot" in 4 or 5 years? Not sure. The Area 51 looks like a long term color.
Same...but the area 51 in outdoor lighting in the other thread starts looking too light for my preference. Love how dark it looked in this indoor photo.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been Cyber Orange from Day 1, but based on these pics....I promise to never drive it inside fluorescent lit buildings. :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: RLW

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Could be...

Although living my life as a Jeep guy until now, I can say that when optioned with a dual top, the hardtop comes installed on the Jeep, with the soft top inside.

I can't see how else they would deliver the hardtop and soft top simultaneously on this either.

I do like how that soft top looks. It appears to be the much nicer "premium" top version Jeep started using several years ago. It was this premium that I had, and it was really nice. I used 303 fabric guard on it and it beaded water like waxed paint but remained soft. It is not the vinyl of the past.
Sure - I'm sure factory orders/deliveries would come with the hardtop in place and soft top in a box or something, but given they're testing production methods, it could simply be them working on the processes to install the soft top. Just guessing/trying to come up with logical possibilities.

I'm sure they'll have things like that as accessories.

OBX would have color matched mirror caps but the tires don’t look like 35s too me for some reason. And the door handles are body colored which also confuses me Bc the build and price style render on fords website shows painted door handles on the wildtrack but the description of the wildtrack does not. Hmmmm... so is the Area 51 truck a wildtrack???
The Wildtrak description did originally say body color door handles, but that was changed at some point - I feel like it likely ultimately gets body colored ones and the description got messed up.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A51 looks OK here, still wish it was more gray like the Colorizer shows.
My big takeaway is that the 4d needs at least the 33's to look good so I'll have to take that into consideration when ordering. The Race Red Badlands looks great to me, I don't even mind the MIC gray top although a soft-top is still in the running.
The 2dr/4dr debate is irrelevant - no way I can live with the shortcomings of the 2dr.
Most likely I'll still get the Cactus Gray Big Bend and will just have to suck it up and put some 33" MTs on it right away.

As for color, this vid of the Bronco Sport still has me sold on Cacus Gray. Don't get too wrapped up in these pre-pro models under harsh artificial light.

I’m not trying to sound rude because it’s all personal taste but this video makes my split up with Cactus Grey official. I just have to admit that I loved the computer generated CG and not the actual CG. IMO this faint hint of green in an otherwise grey/white paint color is just too boring for a 50k play toy designed for the sandbox.
Sponsored