Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So now I want to know if the wireless charging includes wireless apple CarPlay and android auto or do we still have to plug in for that.

And more importantly, to get the dealer installed 2“ lift with 37s do I have to order Sasquatch first or can I skip that.
It’s been reported that Sync 4 has wireless CarPlay.
The 2” lift and 37s is still a rumor.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

2. What are the differences between the Badlands and Sasquatch suspensions?

Badlands and Sasquatch are similar, as both have Bilstein position sensitive dampers, but Sasquatch suspension is a little bit higher for 35-in. tires.

Again with the vague question. We know it's taller, we want to know why. Spacers? Taller coilovers? Something else?
This is the answer you get when a marketing person is asked technical questions. One of the suspension engineers told me that the suspensions are the same except for the up-travel limiter.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

4. Will rubberized floors be exclusive to the Black Diamond, Badlands, and First Edition?

Rubberized floors will only be available on Black Diamond and Badlands.

Are they saying First Edition no longer comes equipped with the rubberized floors?

Perhaps this clears up the discrepancy between the “Compare Models” pdf that states the FE gets carpeted floors, and the “Explore this model” which states FE gets rubberized floors. One is not correct. According to Ford above, it would appear the PDF is correct.
FE reserves are going to have a frenzy if true. Maybe I’m just reading too much onto their answer... but isn’t that the point?

1849FCF8-21D5-4F3D-BD54-1CAEFD21A05E.jpeg

And from ”Explore this model”:
FC3BF27A-4D7D-4F35-A211-0FDF0943D134.jpeg
This is the only response that made me worried/upset/anxious. Need that rubberized flooring in my FE.

Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the answer you get when a marketing person is asked technical questions. One of the suspension engineers told me that the suspensions are the same except for the up-travel limiter.
Saying it's the same still is a vague answer and doesn't answer the question of why it is taller. Someone needs to ask specifically why there is extra height after compensating for tire size. If there's truly no difference (i.e. no extra lift) then the answer should be that the posted specs are wrong, which they could confirm.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
A couple of the questions I had answered today.

Will the modular top have the sound deadening?
-unknown but color and more top details will be released this coming week.

How do the front seats fold to access the rear seats?
-seat slides forward and the tilts up. Like the old FSB’s. Not the entire slider assembly as in a Wrangler. I had the guy do it for me. Driver and passenger look to have the same amount of room.

Front and rear (donut) modular portions can be removed with the rack on.

It looks REALLY good in person.
DBF888DE-9797-41D6-B45E-2E0762DAAD72.jpeg
Can anyone comment on how the new Bronco seats will operate in comparison to this (see video link) 1988 Bronco? On the 1988 the driver side only slides forward, while the passenger side only tilts up and forward. Sounds like the new Bronco front seat will operate as a combo of the two (slide forward and also tilt up and forward)?

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Saying it's the same still is a vague answer and doesn't answer the question of why it is taller. Someone needs to ask specifically why there is extra height after compensating for tire size. If there's truly no difference (i.e. no extra lift) then the answer should be that the posted specs are wrong, which they could confirm.
It isn't taller, it’s exactly the same. Everyone is obsessed with figuring out why there’s an extra .4” of height listed on the specs for the Wildtrak without taking into account it comes with the Shadow black hardtop instead of the soft top. The .4” is in the top. The suspension is exactly the same except for the bump stops.

OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It isn't taller, it’s exactly the same. Everyone is obsessed with figuring out why there’s an extra .4” of height listed on the specs for the Wildtrak without taking into account it comes with the Shadow black hardtop instead of the soft top. The .4” is in the top. The suspension is exactly the same except for the bump stops.
Yes, but keep in mind those numbers are not correct either. It’s estimated. They haven’t built a WT yet and they havent built any production vehicles.

He could be wrong, but the Ford rep clearly states that the Squatch suspension is higher than the BL suspension.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No, the comparison is 2 door to 2 door, the top doesn't explain it. Unless the answer is that the shadow black top is .6" taller than the standard hardtop. But again, the question still needs to be asked. Your explanation is still an inference not an explicit statement.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I understand that, but when you try to convince someone of the truth, they always point to this numbers and say “there’s a .4” difference after accounting for tires, so there muct be spacers or a completely separate suspension and a third set of shocks.” If it were a completely different setup, Ford would just roll with the extra height on all of them. They aren’t going to design, engineer, and stock parts for a third setup that is only .4”different. On top of the fact that the suspension test engineer that was driving the mule told me the parts are identical.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone comment on how the new Bronco seats will operate in comparison to this (see video link) 1988 Bronco? On the 1988 the driver side only slides forward, while the passenger side only tilts up and forward. Sounds like the new Bronco front seat will operate as a combo of the two (slide forward and also tilt up and forward)?

Didn’t realize the 88 did it that way. My 89 and 95 slid forward and tilted/leaned forward. Not like the passenger seat in that video. It’s identical to the drivers seat in that video but it slides all the way up to the steering wheel.

There is no pivot up. It’s all on the seat sliders. They said the doors were 2” longer to accommodate getting in and out.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand that, but when you try to convince someone of the truth, they always point to this numbers and say “there’s a .4” difference after accounting for tires, so there muct be spacers or a completely separate suspension and a third set of shocks.” If it were a completely different setup, Ford would just roll with the extra height on all of them. They aren’t going to design, engineer, and stock parts for a third setup that is only .4”different. On top of the fact that the suspension test engineer that was driving the mule told me the parts are identical.
Once the parts catalog is published we can stop debating this...till then I find it amusing?

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But your numbers are wrong, and you incorrectly stated that the difference is just the tops, and you don't seem to have actually asked where the .6" comes from. All those examples you listed are speculation, because nobody has asked the right question. A coilover set to a different preload does not require a different part, a spacer, or a completely different suspension.
Sponsored