First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
T case., skid plates, rock rails..

I think we have everything else I need 4dr, 34" tires, at least a 2.7L.. I plan on a custom front bumper, winch and lights.
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only thing I really need to know is what the dimensions are. My garage door isn’t that wide, so hoping that it fits.

LorenzeTorres

Badlands
First Name
Lo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Suspension: I highly doubt it, but I wonder if the highest performance trim level (assuming there is an R model) will receive Fox's new Live Valve suspension. It would be nice to adjust dampening on the fly depending on terrain condition.

Motor: I don't care what goes in it as long as it has torque and "umph". I've driven a Focus ST with the 4cyl Ecoboost and was impressed, the Raptor and its V6TT is also impressive. It would be nice to get something in between where it doesn't feel like it's struggling uphill and can easily cruise with modern traffic. Oh yeah... fuel efficiency would be very nice.

Roof: Similar to that on the 4 door Wranglers, will the 4 door Bronco have an ability to remove just the front section of the roof like a t-top on a sports coupe? Hardtop non-removable option with panoramic glass?

Interior: Heated and cooled seats? Heated steering wheel? Will we receive a factory aux/ switch panel to accommodate electronic accessories? Clever storage compartments? Hose-able floors? How will the rear seats fold and are they removable?

Exterior Lighting: Will we see LED puddle lights, door handle lights, or scene lights similar to what comes on a Raptor? It will be super useful when you're trying to grab something out the car in the middle of the night while camping.

Misc: Gas tank size/ fuel economy. It would be nice to get a minimum of 300 miles of range on a tank of gas with a lifted truck fitted with armor and gear.

Accessories: Factory space/ hookup to accommodate winch and air compressor would be rad. I know the new Land Rover Defenders have both those.

As much as I love piecing a truck together, it would be nice to get something that's pretty built from the factory. This way I spend more time on the trails and flexing (no pun intended) on my Toyota buddies.

Tbh my FJ is like regular car camping; bare necessities but enough to get you to your destination in comfort and confidence. Whereas my friend's 2018 Raptor is like Glamping with all the goodies Ford spoils you with.
Ford Bronco Most Anticipated Bronco Info You Need To Know IMG_7354

Last edited:

Hans

Outer Banks
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What mysteries about the new Bronco do you most eagerly await a reveal from Ford? Official statements about what the Bronco will be like, what purpose or role in the Ford lineup it will serve, what it will be capable of, or what it will even be made of have been extremely sparse so far. But Ford has set the goal of having the "freshest" model lineup by 2020, made predominantly of Trucks, SUVs and crossovers; and that includes the Bronco, which is also "coming" in 2020 -- so these mysteries can't last forever.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Even if we are to interpret that timeline in the most excruciatingly prolonged way, we can expect some pre-production self-propelled prototype version of the Bronco to be publicly viewable before the end of 2020. Given the complex design and tooling process of vehicle production, that would mean that even by now, several fundamental design qualities have been determined around which many of the other components and design elements must adhere to. Ford execs and engineers haven't been sitting on their thumbs for two years. What qualities are known?

One of them was revealed right in the beginning, and told us that the new Bronco would be smaller than the second generation. That's the T6 chassis it would share with several other Ford owned vehicles currently in production, like the Ranger, Everest and Troller T4. With so many length variants of the T6 we still don't know how long it will be, even if we do have reason to believe it will come in both 2 and 4 door versions.

Here are some of the other design constraints I think Ford knows, and has probably known for some time, that they're just waiting for the right moment to sprinkle into some press release, conference, "leak", or auto show presentation, to keep public interest in the Bronco and Ford up.

What type of engine will be under the hood: in general terms here, Ford has to have known for a considerable time what was going under the hood, if for no other reason than to know how large the engine bay needs to be, and what the drive line components need to be able to stand up to. If a 400hp 5.0L V8, or 3.0 V6, or just a featherweight 2.3L I4 will some day sit between the Bronco's fenders, the teams designing the sheet metal, suspension, and driveline needed to know that.

What type of suspension is under it: is the Bronco forging a brave new(old) path, or expected to face the competition and "reclaim [its] rightful place as the off-road vehicle leader" with hand-me-down parts bin components? Independent suspension all around like it's big brother Expedition, or solid axles like the 66'-77' classic design and namesake; or something inbetween? Teams designing sheet metal, steering, exhaust, etc. as well as third party parts manufacturers like Dana needed to know what was going between the wheels before even the first prototype is assembled. Anyone tuning a traction system has to have something to test it on long before it will be ready for release.

What is it made of: save a pound or take a pounding. The material the body components will be made of was probably determined before we even knew it wasn't just a wagon version of the Ranger, or Everest with a steel bumper. How much advantage there would be in saving weight vs. material cost and the profit margin estimates determined if we get an aluminum or steel bodied Bronco.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

What will it look like: even if we're just talking final sketches, the size, shape and proportion have been settled for a long time now. In order for any of those things listed above to be accomplished, this needed to have been finalized already. A pile of images and 3D renderings based on technical specs is ready for presentations is sitting in someones 'done' folder.

What Bronco mysteries are you most eagerly waiting for Ford to reveal? And what do you think they're waiting for before they reveal them?
Hi it needs a good Asian Diesel for better mileage an torque .

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

FE interior color choices?