Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What mysteries about the new Bronco do you most eagerly await a reveal from Ford?
Well, with the latest post today, I'm even more curious about "The LOOK", but it really sounds promising.

I had thought solid axles was already confirmed, but that may just have been me reading into the Dana announcement?
Any input on that Carmaker1?
(Edit: report-new-ford-bronco-will-have-solid-axles.116 )

I'm really curious if whatever heavy duty engine/suspension upgrades will be available on lower trim models. It always frustrated me that I couldn't get the strongest motor with the extra duty driveline upgrades on a lot of trucks unless you're getting the super deluxe ($$$$) versions. In my humble opinion, that will be even more important on a Bronco type vehicle. With a removable roof, I may go very utilitarian, which would make the upgraded motor/driveline/suspension even more important as it would definitely be filling a work horse role at that point.
Sponsored

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What type of suspension is under it: is the Bronco forging a brave new(old) path, or expected to face the competition and "reclaim [its] rightful place as the off-road vehicle leader" with hand-me-down parts bin components? Independent suspension all around like it's big brother Expedition, or solid axles like the 66'-77' classic design and namesake; or something inbetween? Teams designing sheet metal, steering, exhaust, etc. as well as third party parts manufacturers like Dana needed to know what was going between the wheels before even the first prototype is assembled. Anyone tuning a traction system has to have something to test it on long before it will be ready for release.

report-new-ford-bronco-will-have-solid-axles.116

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had thought solid axles was already confirmed, but that may just have been me reading into the Dana announcement?
Any input on that Carmaker1?
(Edit: report-new-ford-bronco-will-have-solid-axles.116 )

I'm really curious if whatever heavy duty engine/suspension upgrades will be available on lower trim models. It always frustrated me that I couldn't get the strongest motor with the extra duty driveline upgrades on a lot of trucks unless you're getting the super deluxe ($$$$) versions. ...
Sadly, we don't know that the Bronco will contain any solid axles. The only detail we really have is that Dana will be supplying axles from its AdvanTEK line of products for the Bronco which are focused on NVH and efficiency. That line of products contains both solid and independent parts, and we simply don't know which ones are meant for the Bronco.

There are some reasons to think it is probable that solid axles will be used, including being able to realistically compete with the Wrangler off road, and not just being a gussied up Everest. Ford hasn't decided to relieve us of that confusion yet though.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What Bronco mysteries are you most eagerly waiting for Ford to reveal? And what do you think they're waiting for before they reveal them?
It doesn't seem likely that we'll learn everything we want to know in a few weeks. There are still many months left before commercial production of BroncoBroncos will begin.

Aside from finally getting a good look at it, what details do you really want to find out?

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Price. If it’s too expensive, I’m out no matter how cool it might be.

Sponsored

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Styling is #1 for me, as I’m sure it will be capable enough for my needs. After that, engine choices. Again, most of the engine offerings will be fine for my needs, but more is better, and if (I know, BIG if) there’s a V8/stick option, I’ll giggle like a schoolgirl. I’ll be happy to “settle” for a 2.7 EB though.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
All estimates based on reporting
2Door WB ~98” length 12.8’
4 door WB 112” length 14’
76” wide base
78” wide “rap

price SHOULD be UNDER to a similar wrangler

Engine definitely 2.3 base
2.7 odds are (definitely some EBv6) for higher trim

all that is based on reports. And leaked info. And info from official videos

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most important: What will be available and when, as in on what schedule. I don't expect all trims, all options will be available on day 1, but I'd hate to take delivery in July 2021 and find out in September that the 2022 delivering in October has a new major option that I would have wanted and was planned all along.

I know this is unrealistic to hope for over the entire product cycle, but one wonders where the "sweet spot" is in product development.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most important: What will be available and when, as in on what schedule. I don't expect all trims, all options will be available on day 1, but I'd hate to take delivery in July 2021 and find out in September that the 2022 delivering in October has a new major option that I would have wanted and was planned all along.

I know this is unrealistic to hope for over the entire product cycle, but one wonders where the "sweet spot" is in product development.
I never buy the first year regardless just for issues. And always buy after Thanksgiving before Xmas for the best deal.
so I would buy December 2021

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Looks; It needs to look like a Bronco. If it's going to remain the same dimensions as the tarp teaser I'll be very happy. Also, what is the front end going to look like. What is the interior going to look like. I hope it’s (interior) is different from the Rangers but I think that's wishful thinking on my part. What will it look like with four doors.
  2. Engine choices; Engine bay size. I highly doubt it will have a V8 but will it have room for one. Will it have a capable and powerful hybrid. Let me throw gearing in here as well as that is also important. Low range and lockers.
  3. Suspension: Will it have solid axles. If it's going to separate it's self from the rest of the line up and "reclaim its rightful place as the off-road vehicle leader" then it should. They already have a capable independent front with the Raptor for fast travel off-roading. It would makes sense to build the Bronco with solid axles to tackle trails. Solid axles is whats going to maximize it's capability for that and separate it's self from the rest of their line up. I'm doubtful it will have solid axles but if not I'm still very interested in what it will have.
  4. Roof; Is it going to have a removable top. What is this "air roof" thing we heard about earlier.
  5. Accessories; Will it have different models/features. Will there be factory performance parts. Will they have accessories to make it more custom to your style and needs.

Still the same as a year ago but now I'm even more anxious about seeing how the roof/doors will work and what the interior will look like.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Im confident in the styling, I’m in this for the 4dr Raptor version, yes it will absolutely be expensive, yes it will have way more tech features and driver aids and trail modes than I want. If I can run 37’s and keep performance and a warranty from the factory woohoo!
I really really really need to be sold on the 2.7 if it’s the only option for the Raptor. I just don’t see how a small displacement twin turbo with a 10spd and 37’s is going to deal with AZ summers. Stock Raptors overheat here and the aftermarket cooling failed on the R, not good signs. This could be the deal breaker for me.
If an SFA, V8 option/version exists below the Raptor or along side I am all in with this configuration and saying hello to the aftermarket!!

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For me, the remaining question marks that could make or break a first year purchase are styling, engines (I want a non-hybrid TTV6), and what transfer case it has (I want an AWD mode like the Raptor). Everything else I think I can safely say will satisfy my requirements based on what we've seen already.
Sponsored

Last edited: