Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan rogue, have reservation for new bronco 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Future Cars: 2025 Ford Bronco Pickup Has Its Phasers Set to “Fun”
What we know about the Bronco truck coming to battle the Jeep Gladiator and Toyota Tacoma.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2025-ford-bronco-pickup-truck-future-cars/

Ford Bronco Motor Trend: 2025 Ford Bronco Pickup - What We Know 1627318136639

WHAT IT IS: Ford's answer to the Jeep Gladiator. But wait, doesn't the existing Ranger fill that role? Yes and no. This Bronco-styled, off-road-focused pickup will target adventure-minded truck enthusiasts who gravitate toward the Gladiator, Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, and Chevy Colorado ZR2. Therefore, expect the Bronco pickup to wear essentially the same bodywork as its SUV sibling, albeit with a short cargo bed. Removable doors and roof panels are a given.

WHY IT MATTERS: With no more cars to sell besides the Mustang, Ford needs its SUV and truck efforts to crush it by being both good and plentiful. A Bronco pickup, despite overlapping heavily with the Ranger—on which the Bronco is based, anyway—is intended to be additive rather than redundant, offering buyers a more stylish midsize truck option. You can bet Ford won't complain about the extra profits this surely pricier model will rake in, either. And lest you think Ford is cravenly chasing cash, keep in mind the original Bronco was offered as a (tiny) pickup, so there's precedent.

PLATFORM AND POWERTRAIN: There's no surprise here. The Bronco pickup truck is expected to share the next-generation Ranger's frame and underpinnings, albeit beefed up to match its promise of greater off-road capability. Look for the same 2.3-liter turbocharged I-4 and 2.7-liter twin-turbo V-6 engine choices offered in the Bronco SUV, as well as that rig's 10-speed automatic transmission and—fingers crossed—seven-speed manual gearbox.

ESTIMATED PRICE: Jeep's Gladiator starts at more than $35,000—rich for a midsize pickup, particularly one lacking power windows, door locks, mirrors, or even a solid roof. Such is the "fun tax" for a truck with standard four-wheel drive and the iconic Wrangler's sense of adventure. The Ford Bronco pickup, like the SUV version, will probably slightly undercut the Jeep's price and come standard with more features. Even so, that'll place the Bronco truck's MSRP thousands higher than a similar Ranger's.

EXPECTED ON-SALE DATE: 2024
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do like that rendered tailgate "Ford" stamping. Will never be used though if they proceed forward with the "Branco" brand instead of falling underneath Ford.

AAMznK3.jpg

Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ya fucking right. Ford can't handle the regular Bronco nevermind this. They'll still be fulfilling first month reservations in 2025. This is Gladiator fighter will be a 2030 model unless ford gets it's shit together.

Future Cars: 2025 Ford Bronco Pickup Has Its Phasers Set to “Fun”
What we know about the Bronco truck coming to battle the Jeep Gladiator and Toyota Tacoma.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2025-ford-bronco-pickup-truck-future-cars/

Ford Bronco Motor Trend: 2025 Ford Bronco Pickup - What We Know AAMznK3

WHAT IT IS: Ford's answer to the Jeep Gladiator. But wait, doesn't the existing Ranger fill that role? Yes and no. This Bronco-styled, off-road-focused pickup will target adventure-minded truck enthusiasts who gravitate toward the Gladiator, Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, and Chevy Colorado ZR2. Therefore, expect the Bronco pickup to wear essentially the same bodywork as its SUV sibling, albeit with a short cargo bed. Removable doors and roof panels are a given.

WHY IT MATTERS: With no more cars to sell besides the Mustang, Ford needs its SUV and truck efforts to crush it by being both good and plentiful. A Bronco pickup, despite overlapping heavily with the Ranger—on which the Bronco is based, anyway—is intended to be additive rather than redundant, offering buyers a more stylish midsize truck option. You can bet Ford won't complain about the extra profits this surely pricier model will rake in, either. And lest you think Ford is cravenly chasing cash, keep in mind the original Bronco was offered as a (tiny) pickup, so there's precedent.

PLATFORM AND POWERTRAIN: There's no surprise here. The Bronco pickup truck is expected to share the next-generation Ranger's frame and underpinnings, albeit beefed up to match its promise of greater off-road capability. Look for the same 2.3-liter turbocharged I-4 and 2.7-liter twin-turbo V-6 engine choices offered in the Bronco SUV, as well as that rig's 10-speed automatic transmission and—fingers crossed—seven-speed manual gearbox.

ESTIMATED PRICE: Jeep's Gladiator starts at more than $35,000—rich for a midsize pickup, particularly one lacking power windows, door locks, mirrors, or even a solid roof. Such is the "fun tax" for a truck with standard four-wheel drive and the iconic Wrangler's sense of adventure. The Ford Bronco pickup, like the SUV version, will probably slightly undercut the Jeep's price and come standard with more features. Even so, that'll place the Bronco truck's MSRP thousands higher than a similar Ranger's.

EXPECTED ON-SALE DATE: 2024

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cringe.

If this happens, I will dislike it just as much as I dislike the Gladiator.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Bear in mind that lately it feels like a lot of us are looking at the 2025 Ford Bronco as being the first thing that rolls off the line.

ahtussey

Big Bend
First Name
Abbey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hope it's offered in a 2-door. That 4-door is as hideous as the Gladiator, IMO.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t see Ford making a vehicle that would take away F series sales. I like how this rendering is in the now extinct Cyber Orange.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is that called the F150? :)

I like it. I was about to buy a Gladiator but if you don't need a truck or overland, rhen maybe it's just not for you.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same...
Every time I see a Gladiator, I wonder "What were they thinking". Still, I guess they're wildly popular. This will likely be just as popular.
Personally, I wish they'd just kept the 'Bronco' as it was originally (like mine) and call all these other 'Bronco-ish' things something else.
Sponsored