Sponsored

Motor Trend On Jeep vs Bronco

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In both articles they pulled some stuff out of their ass to get to "10"... lol.

The jeep mirrors vs the bronco topless view... The size of the screen in the dash and the number of cameras... *yawn*

They would have been better off doing an article on maybe top 3 or top 5 in each case. The list would have been much shorter.

Jeep:
Solid front axle
diesel engine
aftermarket support

Bronco:
more powerful engines
bigger factory tires
factory bead locks.

It really is up to each and every person to decide how much weight they put on each one of those...

Me? even if the SFA wasn't a deal breaker (on the bronco), having bigger tires from the factory is a non-issue - other than my F450 I don't think there's a single vehicle in my fleet rolling on stock sized rubber. Others may prefer the "drive straight from the dealer to the mall on 35s" aspect of the bronco, and that's fine too.
Sponsored

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can get beadlock capable wheels for the JT (and I think the Wrangler) from Jeep/Mopar ... just sayin.

Furthermore, if Ford does theirs anything like Jeep - you will have to buy the actual beadlock ring separately (they are about $120/ea on mopar if memory is correct).

We aren’t (highly doubtful) getting full beadlocks off the factory line/showroom floor.

JK

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
they have already said the rings will have to be bought from the dealer, since they arnt dot approved.

Grave Digger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grave Digger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be honest, I would buy the Jeep 392 but they are late to the party. I like the looks/features of the Bronco but a V8 with solid front axle kills the bronco in my book as I offroad a lot. Turbos need to spool, a V8 has grunt from the bottom.
We don't even know if the concept is coming out but I highly suspect it. The Bronco kills the Jeep in looks/buildability/features though.

KingDoggy23

Black Diamond
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is an article from Motor Trend. Has 2 seperate links, one link for 10 Ways the Jeep Wrangler beats the 2021 Ford Bronco and another link for 10 Ways the 2021 Ford Bronco beats the Jeep Wrangler:

https://www.motortrend.com/features-collections/10-ways-wrangler-beats-bronco/

https://www.fourwheeler.com/news/features/10-ways-the-2021-ford-bronco-beats-jeep-wrangler/
I have a 2019 Wrangler, and plan on keeping it. My new Black Diamond will be the baja racer

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wonder when the car mags be doing road tests or “first tests” on the Bronco. Would be nice to see them put the 2.7 and 2.3 through the tests before we place orders

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A more responsible auto magazine would wait, drive comparable models with comparable equipment over the same routes and off road tracks and then write an unbiased story about comparing the two.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They forgot to add that the Bronco looks way better. The Jeep has the same design for 200 years and it took them 100 years to design a four door. And Jeep is a Chrysler product with the worst network of dealerships. “Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge and Ram” - all combined in my area with some selling Kia on the same lot. Horrible sales and service experience.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wasn't bad, but felt like a click bait article.

I'll take it seriously after they're both driven, tested and compared

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
1 Diesel option - I’m sure all 2,000 owners care.

2 SFS - Ford will be better at other types of off-roading and on roads. So it’s arguable.

3 mirrors on door - they even say they are probably removable. But they have no Idea. So no mirrors all the time is better?

4 offroad gearing. You can get the 94.7 gear ratio with 33” tires and manual (same as wrangler) so I fail to see how the wrangler is better there.

5 approach angle - ok that’s 1 good point

6 visibility -they even say they have no idea but the windows look smaller.... but. bronco comes with more trail cameras soooo how does wrangler win again?

7 wind shield fold down - I don’t think I’ve EVER seen a wrangler with the wind shield down because no one wants to eat dirt.

8 manual transfer case - for the feel sure. But for modern technology. The electronic is better. Everything else is electronic why not the TC?

9 v8 - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it’s been a Concept since 2011. It ain’t happening.

10 aftermarket - I fail to see how “300+ parts and accessories” isn’t a decent aftermarket. It’s going to be just as big as the Wrangler.

so no valid points at all other than the “wrangler way” of
Fold down windshields
SFS
Manual TC.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
i hear you on that. But they make it sound like the bronco won’t have any aftermarket at all

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Bronco is featured in the new Mototrend. They had nice things to say about it but anything said about it vs. Jeep didn't stand out, mainly because I don't really care about Jeep at this point. Nothing really new, and they did get some stuff wrong because I assume it was written before Ford confirmed/debunked some information.
Sponsored