First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Fusion Sport, 90 Fox 5.0 Lx Hatch, 99 Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.3 is slow compared to the 2.7, but compared to the 3.6 pentastar, it's got plenty of oomph. Then when you consider how well ecoboost engines love to be tuned, the 2.3 is more than enough. A tuned 2.7 would give a 392 a pretty good run for its money, too. Cant wait till they put the 3.0 in the Rapthog.
Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't disagree with any of the reviews I have read. I do have two comments related to the reviews, after owning my Bronco a few weeks. #1. There is Interior Volume at a given speed measured in DB. The tone and type of sound is not as tiring in my Bronco as it was in my past Jeeps. Hard to explain or display, but jump from one to the other and decide for yourself. #2 When reviewers talk about ride and handling, I think they are being very, very easy on Jeep. 30 minutes on local rods, maybe not a big deal. 3 hrs. behind the wheel? Bronco isn't even in the same class. Jeep wears you down in so many ways. We have gone back and forth 2.5-3 hrs. to our cottage several times and it's every day livable 100%. Jeep, in my experience and opinion, is not.

BTW, after 1800 miles, I am averaging just under 20mpg. Almost identical to my 2018 F1502.7 Super Crew 4x4. Bronco is heavy and heavy=slow and bad MPG. Oh Well, I love it anyway.
To me that's what it's all about Matt. I've never been one that liked the average point A to point B vehicle as I find them quite boring. I like my vehicles to have a personality of it's own. And, I whole heartedly expect the Bronco, like my Jeep JL, to have a personality.

BTW, I do agree that driving a Jeep at times can be tiring. We took ours on a 5K+ road trip last year. For the most part it did great, and we were happy we chose to drive it on the trip. But, in the mid-western states where the cross winds can be quite tough made it a full time job to keep the thing in the lane. With the play in the steering, it was all hands on deck at times. :)