Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After seeing multiple photos of where Ford's afterthought placement of the front license plate will go I started looking for alternatives.
Confirmed today by Mike Levine, via @LIKEABOSS (THREAD), Ford will have the Dealerships install the front plates (vs. the assembly line like on the Explorer) therefore this will allow us to simply request not to have holes drilled into our new $75k vehicles.

My goal is to install a motorized "Show-N-Go" unit like in the video below:
Show-N-Go Motorized License Plate

With different front bumpers the install wont be the same for everyone but once I have my Bronco in hand (early July :cool:) I'll be making a step-by-step tutorial on how attach it to my Badlands Modular Bumper.

My assumption is there is plenty of room on the sloped underside that will have minimal impact on the approach angle.
Should be a simple removal of the modular bumper, few holes drilled, electrical wires ran to an Aux Button (perhaps two, one for up, and one for hidden) and the motorized plate will do the rest, including spring-opening to rest vertically once it hits the first obstruction. This location appears to also allow the cooler vents to remain unobstructed.
Ford Bronco Motorized (Front) License Plate via Aux Button bumper

Anyone else thinking about doing something similar or see any glaring issues with my proposed plan above, I'd love some feedback. Thanks!
Sponsored

Steve-0

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice! But, can I get some 007 rocket launchers? Perhaps a mini gun?

OP
OP
TSSPat

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure that will survive the first rock field you encounter, but wish you luck!
My first idea was to grind out a small window in the modular bumper and have it installed on the upper-inside but without knowing the clearance (most likely not enough) I figured I'd simply do it on the outside and remove it before heading to the hills (which truthfully is a weekend trip to get to in my neck of the woods anyways unfortunately).

Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well that’s using some imagination. Guess if you have a 3D printer almost anything is possible.

Do have a shop full of fabrication equipment, tube benders, plasma cutters, welders, grinders, presses, lathe, mill we can have some fun.

OP
OP
TSSPat

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just bolting mine to the front skid plate. Seems to be pretty common around these parts.
If I thought I could get away with doing that I'd be all over it but knowing how eager some of my towns finest are to ticket anything that violates the rules I'd for sure be getting a ticket the first week of driving it off the lot.

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After seeing multiple photos of where Ford's afterthought placement of the front license plate will go I started looking for alternatives.
Confirmed today by Mike Levine, via @LIKEABOSS (THREAD), Ford will have the Dealerships install the front plates (vs. the assembly line like on the Explorer) therefore this will allow us to simply request not to have holes drilled into our new $75k vehicles.

With different front bumpers the install wont be the same for everyone but once I have my Bronco in hand (early July :cool:) I'll be making a step-by-step tutorial on how attach it to my Badlands Modular Bumper.

My assumption is there is plenty of room on the sloped underside that will have minimal impact on the approach angle.
Should be a simple removal of the modular bumper, few holes drilled, electrical wires ran to an Aux Button (perhaps two, one for up, and one for hidden) and the motorized plate will do the rest, including spring-opening to rest vertically once it hits the first obstruction. This location appears to also allow the cooler vents to remain unobstructed.

Anyone else thinking about doing something similar or see any glaring issues with my proposed plan above, I'd love some feedback. Thanks!
I'm in!!!

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like where people's heads are at on this for sure, but I'm not sure why it has to be motorized. I just want a really slick place to display it without looking like butthole.

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I'll be building the low-tech version of that. A few rubber bands holding the license plate to the back of the passenger sun visor.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TSSPat

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be building the low-tech version of that. A few rubber bands holding the license plate to the back of the passenger sun visor.
I also thought of that, but my Province yet again has rules against that as well. That and I don't really want the potential for a flying metal disk to decapitate me during an accident 🤣

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw this on YouTube for a homemade version.

Here is the hardware list, if you are mechanically inclined: https://armortemplates.com/plate.html

No affiliation, but feel free to donate as this probably wasn't easy.

OP
OP
TSSPat

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
TSSPat

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw this on YouTube for a homemade version.

Here is the hardware list, if you are mechanically inclined: https://armortemplates.com/plate.html

No affiliation, but feel free to donate as this probably wasn't easy.
I just finished watching this and I'm 100% going to give it a try. Only thing left to find out is how much clearance there is inside (above) the modular bumper.

Does anyone know of there has been any removal videos? Obviously there's more than what's show in the picture below:

Ford Bronco Motorized (Front) License Plate via Aux Button 1619923727928

Last edited:

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

would be funny for a cop to pull you over for not having the license plate and as you pull over have it come out. Pretty sure they would be like "wtf". I would ask them if they have been drinking 😅
Sponsored