Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

would be funny for a cop to pull you over for not having the license plate and as you pull over have it come out. Pretty sure they would be like "wtf". I would ask them if they have been drinking 😅
This is my dream scenario 🤣👮‍♂️🤨🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
would be funny for a cop to pull you over for not having the license plate and as you pull over have it come out. Pretty sure they would be like "wtf". I would ask them if they have been drinking 😅
That is 100% my plan. :ROFLMAO: (To not have it out, but if I get pulled over, flip the switch. And maybe if he was going to write me up for something else, make him second-guess himself and let me go.:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So not worth the effort lol. I’ll take a static one that is just better placed than the OEM one.

On my Tesla I only put the front plate on when I go on a trip outside of the city. There are lots of quick release ones available for Tesla’s, wonder if the same will be true here

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw this on YouTube for a homemade version.

Here is the hardware list, if you are mechanically inclined: https://armortemplates.com/plate.html

No affiliation, but feel free to donate as this probably wasn't easy.
The actuator for his build seems a bit overkill: "115 lb thrust". Last time I checked, license plates are just a few ounces. 😄 Not sure I'd want this thing crunching the plate into a ball if it ever got stuck on anything. :LOL: If we can find a smaller unit, the cost of this project could be significantly reduced.

Last edited:

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That is 100% my plan. :ROFLMAO: (To not have it out, but if I get pulled over, flip the switch. And maybe if he was going to write me up for something else, make him second-guess himself and let me go.:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

The actuator for his build seems a bit overkill: "115 lb thrust". Last time I checked, license plates are just a few ounces. 😄 Not sure I'd want this thing crunching the plate into a ball if it ever got stuck on anything. :LOL: If we can find a smaller unit, the cost of this project could be significantly reduced.
There are a ton of different one's on eBay. Not sure of the quality though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TSSPat

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So not worth the effort lol. I’ll take a static one that is just better placed than the OEM one.

On my Tesla I only put the front plate on when I go on a trip outside of the city. There are lots of quick release ones available for Tesla’s, wonder if the same will be true here
I mean, that's completely relative for each individual. Definitely not overkill for me but to each their own I guess 🤷‍♂️.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why?,just why?

in the same vein, consider a mechanized way to hide the dreaded Dealer Name Sticker/Decal. 🤨

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After seeing multiple photos of where Ford's afterthought placement of the front license plate will go I started looking for alternatives.
Confirmed today by Mike Levine, via @LIKEABOSS (THREAD), Ford will have the Dealerships install the front plates (vs. the assembly line like on the Explorer) therefore this will allow us to simply request not to have holes drilled into our new $75k vehicles.

My goal is to install a motorized "Show-N-Go" unit like in the video below:
Show-N-Go Motorized License Plate

With different front bumpers the install wont be the same for everyone but once I have my Bronco in hand (early July :cool:) I'll be making a step-by-step tutorial on how attach it to my Badlands Modular Bumper.

My assumption is there is plenty of room on the sloped underside that will have minimal impact on the approach angle.
Should be a simple removal of the modular bumper, few holes drilled, electrical wires ran to an Aux Button (perhaps two, one for up, and one for hidden) and the motorized plate will do the rest, including spring-opening to rest vertically once it hits the first obstruction. This location appears to also allow the cooler vents to remain unobstructed.
bumper.png

Anyone else thinking about doing something similar or see any glaring issues with my proposed plan above, I'd love some feedback. Thanks!
Yeah I'd love this but only if it covers my license plate as I drive through all the tolls around here.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m thinking about the roll-the-dice method. I see plenty of other cars and trucks with no front plates in Texas.

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The lisence plate has to go somewhere, dealer decals don't 🤷‍♂️.
Why?, again why?

…..if you mean “go somewhere” as get hidden - why? No one here is 007

OP
OP
TSSPat

TSSPat

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m thinking about the roll-the-dice method. I see plenty of other cars and trucks with no front plates in Texas.
Ultimately another option is had bit I figured the fine is more $$$ than the cool gadget so may as well go with the cool gadget.

I wish you luck sir.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
People care way too much about front license plates.