Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly I don’t know how someone could prefer the 392 given the lack of passenger room, the lack of storage space for groceries, and the way it would blend in with all the other jeeps parked at the local shopping center/mall where I’m likely to be.

I’d be out there with my key fob pushing the lock button forever before I’d find it.
Just hit the remote start, you - and everyone in the vicinity - will know exactly where it is. 🤪
Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
More then likely a “golden ticket” holder. No dealership I’ve spoke to will sell a

you can find a 392 for below MSRP. It has more to do with availability than anything. No Braptord out right now to be sold. Lots of Jeeps
I am not a golden ticket holder. There was one at my dealer. I am getting the dealers other Raptor allocation, slated for a build week of 9-19. I will be getting it at MSRP.

I would not take a 392 over a Raptor even if the cost was the same or less. The 392 is basically throw a bigger engine in. Drive train, and suspension are upgraded on Raptor.

OP
OP
computertom

computertom

Raptor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'80 911SC, '22 Raptor, & '22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am not a golden ticket holder. There was one at my dealer. I am getting the dealers other Raptor allocation, slated for a build week of 9-19. I will be getting it at MSRP.

I would not take a 392 over a Raptor even if the cost was the same or less. The 392 is basically throw a bigger engine in. Drive train, and suspension are upgraded on Raptor.
Great score getting a non-Golden Ticket at MSRP! I have a feeling you'll be one of the few...

My wife and I went to an event last night and the parking lot was a SEA of boring white, black, and silver/gray SUVs, Camrys, and Prius(es?). It would have looked like a black and white photo if it weren't for out 392XR - big, bright and blue. Is it the best driving thing on the road? Heck no! Is it loud, fast, hilarious exceptionally capable, and fun and NOT another of the boredom inducing, nothing-machines that made up the rest of the parking lot? Yes! I'd love to have taken our produced Code Orange Bronco Raptor last night, but we still don't have it. It is sitting somewhere where in Michigan waiting for someone to do something in order to get it shipped.

But I'm still ecstatic that in 2022 we still have the options to get such ridiculously awesome vehicles.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/...r-vs-jeep-rubicon-392-comparison-test-review/

I've been waiting for these to start showing up - actual real reviews that feel like less promo / puff pr pieces, and actually have more of an comparisons of the two trucks. As a present owner of a 392XR and a future owner of a BRaptor, I can relate to all they say about the Jeep, both good and bad, and look forward to learning for myself about the Bronco.

Also of note: the Code Orange looks well, actually orange next to the Jeep's Firecracker Red Clearcoat - which is a great red IMO and looks really good on the big Jeep.
Good share… I found this interesting:

For the ultimate off-road test, we headed south to California's Rowher Flat, where we'd previously compared the Wrangler 4xe plug-in hybrid with the Bronco Sasquatch. (The Wrangler won that day.) By this point, we had already noted the many ways the Bronco Raptor improves on its lesser siblings on all surfaces, but it was here where we got the clearest impression. Obstacles that were struggles for the Bronco Sasquatch were conquered easily—practically cruised over—by the Braptor. We applaud Ford for the improvements baked into the Braptor; it's miles ahead of the Sasquatch in terms of ability, refinement, and overall execution. "I think these all-terrain tires are the real game-changer off-road. The mud-terrains on the Bronco Sasquatch couldn't hack it on other surfaces," Evans said after completing the trail, it must be noted, without engaging low range.
Didn’t expect that result
Sponsored