Sponsored

MotorTrend describes the electric hummer (new article)

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Depending on where the Bronco Raptor is priced this could get very interesting.

“While GM isn't saying much about the model's technical details, the company did announce the EV will have 1,000 horsepower, 11,500 pound-feet of torque, and hit 60 miles per hour in 3.0 seconds. Given the high torque figure, we suspect GM will fit the Hummer with an individual electric motor at each drive wheel, for four total.”

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on where the Bronco Raptor is priced this could get very interesting.

“While GM isn't saying much about the model's technical details, the company did announce the EV will have 1,000 horsepower, 11,500 pound-feet of torque, and hit 60 miles per hour in 3.0 seconds. Given the high torque figure, we suspect GM will fit the Hummer with an individual electric motor at each drive wheel, for four total.”
And that torque number is a straight damn lie

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This was an off topic post on my "EVO" board. About a model 3, but some interesting info about perf degradation vs battery charge and range that every coolaid drinking Tesla owner up until now wouldn't tell me. It's like these people literally have stock in the company or something (maybe they do). Just posting the relevant sections.

"I'm going against the youtube brigade and going to say acceleration degradation in repeated pulls without a little cool down time is real in the Model 3 without track mode engaged. Both these cars exhibit it, and it's clear as can be. In a drag strip scenario, you will never see it, because you have to drive around and stage again, allowing enough cooling to get the power back. In real world driving, you need a battery over 50% to get the best out of it.

That moves me to the next topic, real world range. As a car guy, I like to boot my car and go fast- who doesn't? I beat on my daily driver pretty hard, and can get 275 miles out of the tank, even in those conditions. There is NO WAY you can get 300+ miles out of one of these dual motor Model 3's without relentless hypermiling, perfect weather, and staying off the interstate. To me, real world range was 200 miles, and that's with exercising major self control to not drive like a jackass. Acceleration also suffered noticably in all three Model 3s I had when the battery was below 50%, even when the electronics were not hot. So real world go fast range to me was about 100 miles. I can attain this in town, because I could charge it every night. But knowing that full performance is dependent on all of that is enough to push me away."
Sponsored