Sponsored

MotorTrend Review: Sport Badlands vs Compass Trailhawk

Deleted member 3063

I'd guess it's because the Cherokee has a real transfer case and would easily win the off-road battle, which would make for a boring comparison.
Don't worry, the Cherokee will get it's time at bat. Compared to the BS the Cherokee is a porker and will be an interesting match up which ever wins. For $4K more it needs to win big.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't wait for my Badlands Squirt to arrive! It's replacing my trusty Escape that I pushed to the limits terrain-wise. It'll be my daily driver and my workhorse. And my big Badlands 2DR will be my weekend toy, going topless all summer.

I'm so excited about the world of possibilities these two new vehicles open up. I feel like a kid again!

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't wait for my Badlands Squirt to arrive! It's replacing my trusty Escape that I pushed to the limits terrain-wise. It'll be my daily driver and my workhorse. And my big Bronco 2DR will be my weekend toy, going topless all summer.

I'm so excited about the world of possibilities these two new vehicles open up. I feel like a kid again!
Please share photos of your stable when your steeds arrive. I'm loving what some of the Sport owners have done with simple lifts and meat on the wheels.

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Compass?? Wtf are they comparing it to a Compass?? Lol
Definitely in the same catagory as the Cherokee
this is a very good point that hasn't been addressed in this thread or in the linked article

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This article was a fun read. It really points out what I have seen as a problem for a long time. Car manufacturers have a bad habit of taking a popular name and putting the shell of that name around a vehicle that is boring and incapable. Kudos to Ford for stepping outside the box and putting out a product that is out of the box capable through the entire line up.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't think it is fair to compare the sport to the compass, just see the picture of those two cars next to each other, the Cherokee would make more sense, but you know the Bronco is the new car and MotorTrend is another car magazine.
And yeh, I did read, I know the Cherokee cost a little more, when these guys do their car of the year, they stuff Chevy Bolt with Porches, they don't say it cost more or less.

I am surprised MotorTrend didn't mention Honda Ridgeline anywhere in the article, maybe Honda stopped paying them?!!

2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-Badlands-vs-2021-Jeep-Compass-4x4-Trailhawk-6.jpg

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why aren’t they testing it against the Cherokee? I don’t get it.
I've been wondering this for months. It is much closer in size to a Cherokee yet all of the magazines seem to think the tiny Compass is it's competition.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This article was a fun read. It really points out what I have seen as a problem for a long time. Car manufacturers have a bad habit of taking a popular name and putting the shell of that name around a vehicle that is boring and incapable. Kudos to Ford for stepping outside the box and putting out a product that is out of the box capable through the entire line up.
Let's face it, everything at Jeep is "Trail Rated".

Ford Bronco MotorTrend Review: Sport Badlands vs Compass Trailhawk 71bc2GWegvL._AC_SX425_

Sponsored