First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So you liked the car enough to buy it, but then didn't because of the........name? Sounds like you were looking for an excuse not to get it.
Sorry, I now edited that to say I would have considered buying one. I do like them, but my father would disown me if I bought a 4 door mustang.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOL. So apparently no one's confused by Jeep naming? Right.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry, I now edited that to say I would have considered buying one. I do like them, but my father would disown me if I bought a 4 door mustang.
Still a dumb reason to me if it otherwise fits your needs and like it. But to each their own!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get why this is such a big deal to y'all or Motor Trend? :confused:

Back in the 80's which were like, yesterday, we had Bronco and Bronco II which is much worse than Bronco Sport.

Also, the Bronco II was terrible while the new Sport is actually a pretty good off roader for light duty and will be much less flagrant as a mall crawler than the bigger Bronco will be on Squatch with not a scratch on it.

Stop making the Sport owners feel insecure, it'll drive won't it?

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've gotten that response a few times but only from Wrangler owners. Seriously its a great little SUV what is there to not like about it? Maybe some thing all SUVs should look like jelly beans?
They look more like eggs!
Especially the “crossovers!”
🥚🍳

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ugh… That’s as bad as adding a badge to your vehicle to make it look like a higher trim level…

I saw a BMW with a GTR Badge. I was like may be the driver of the car does not know the difference or owns GTR as well 🤷‍♂️

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately most have not!
Even the ones who have saw it standing in a parking lot or in a video.
Coming up on 11 months since launch would be nice to be able to see my First Edition
I'm pretty sure I'll shame my family with my reaction to seeing my first one in person. Imagine a toddler's reaction to garbage trucks or fire engines.

I'm already only allowed to mention Broncos a couple times a day before they get testy.

OP
OP
T-Bronc

T-Bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't get why this is such a big deal to y'all or Motor Trend? :confused:

Back in the 80's which were like, yesterday, we had Bronco and Bronco II which is much worse than Bronco Sport.

Also, the Bronco II was terrible while the new Sport is actually a pretty good off roader for light duty and will be much less flagrant as a mall crawler than the bigger Bronco will be on Squatch with not a scratch on it.

Stop making the Sport owners feel insecure, it'll drive won't it?
It's probably getting discussed because this is a Bronco forum and so there are discussions related to Ford Broncos. I know that's shocking news.

Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm pretty sure I'll shame my family with my reaction to seeing my first one in person. Imagine a toddler's reaction to garbage trucks or fire engines.

I'm already only allowed to mention Broncos a couple times a day before they get testy.
I think I was pretty light? I like the car - I think the roll out was handled improperly. Imagine if the Maverick was called the F150 Sport how many people would get confused by that. Also imagine if it hypothetically got rolled out first. This what the article outlines. There's no outrage, just pointing out that it's strange.
The maverick is really a four-door Ranchero!

remember the 1960 to 64 falcon rancheros those were unibody if I recall

yelirny

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No. You're forgetting that Jeep is a brand, not a model or model line. To be equivalent to the Bronco situation the stupidity of those names would have to be elevated to this...

Jeep Wrangler.
Ford Bronco.

Jeep Wrangler Cherokee.
Ford Bronco Sport.

Jeep Wrangler Gladiator.
Ford Bronco Maverick.

Clearly these are confusing and impractically long names, which is why Jeep didn't do it. Sadly Ford did not learn their lesson.

Ford Transit.
Ford Transit Connect.

People with common sense just call the small van the Connect and don't need Ford to slap "Transit" in there to remind them "it's a van" -- just like people with brains won't need or use Bronco in the name of the other models either.
You also forget that Jeep is really a sub-brand of Chrysler. So while Chrysler has Dodge (Sports/sporty car brand), Ram (Trucks), Chrysler (Sedans and Vans) and Jeep (Off Road SUV's). Ford just has Ford (and Lincoln for Luxury). So for Ford to have an Off Road brand like Chrysler does, they either need a separate entity, or use a brand that is already established in house that it can live within. I think its smart, you think its dumb. Thats fine, difference of opinion.

But I would point to a separate example from Jeep.
Jeep Cherokee
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jeep Grand Cherokee L

Not so different from Bronco in that regard.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the Bronco Sport for what it is. Honestly this should have been the newest generation Escape and ditched the new extra uglified Escape.

Ford was going to cal it the Bronco Scout, which is a great name, except that Volkswagen owns the name Scout, because they own the old International IP.

The problem is SPORT has been generally used as a trim or submodel not a completely different vehicle.

Contour Sport = Stick shift and 16V motor
Cherokee Sport = 2-Door with a Stick
Explorer Sport = Used on the 2-Door Explorer for a while

Basically shorthand for "the cheap one with the Stick-shift"

Sport Trim on an F-150 means console with rear A/C.

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I remember the old days when there were experts doing the writing. Now we have writers with no life experiance doing the writing from there bedroom. Really doing a disservice to the public and the written word.
Sponsored