Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Name it the Ford Pinto SUV\Cruiser AWD

My first car was a 1973 Ford Pinto fast back for graduation that same year. Got me through college.

1977-ford-pinto-cruising-.png
With that sweet Pinto, you probably could have nailed Marsha, Jan, Mrs Brady and Alice
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep is already established as an off road brand, so they can get away with Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Cherokee, etc and still have the public understand, these are off road capable SUV's. If Jeep didnt have that connotation, you may see them go with Wrangler Cherokee, Wrangler Renegade, etc.
No. You're forgetting that Jeep is a brand, not a model or model line. To be equivalent to the Bronco situation the stupidity of those names would have to be elevated to this...

Jeep Wrangler.
Ford Bronco.

Jeep Wrangler Cherokee.
Ford Bronco Sport.

Jeep Wrangler Gladiator.
Ford Bronco Maverick.

Clearly these are confusing and impractically long names, which is why Jeep didn't do it. Sadly Ford did not learn their lesson.

Ford Transit.
Ford Transit Connect.

People with common sense just call the small van the Connect and don't need Ford to slap "Transit" in there to remind them "it's a van" -- just like people with brains won't need or use Bronco in the name of the other models either.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The confusion will last until the BS becomes nothing more than a trim level available for the Escape like it should be. Even Jeep wasn't dumb enough to name a completely different vehicle after the wrangler.
Yep and even when Jeep released the pickup version of the Wrangler, they used a different name (Gladiator).

For the record, I like the Bronco Sport, and in terms of actual functionality usage, it's probably a better fit for some big Bronco buyers.

The thing is, even when I stopped at the local Ford dealership the other day, to scope out future Bronco (the big version) colors ... the sales guy was getting confused, insisting they had Broncos in stock already. Until I explained I was there for the "other" Bronco.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ugh. Mach E... I would have bought one if they would have just called it that. If there is a single person who honestly thinks we should be calling it a Mustang... Everyone else should stone that person.
So you're saying that you think the Mach E is a vehicle that's great enough to own, but not because it has that name? De-badge it if it bothers you that much. But I wouldn't let a name truly stop me from owning a car I really wanted. And it was a stroke of genius that Ford not only made the Mach E far more interesting to look at and drive than what it was going to be, but that they've tapped into a name that resonates well with a ton of people who are no longer interested in climbing out of a low-to-the-road sports car. If I was in that marketing meeting, I would have voiced objection to the idea, but I'd have been wrong.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Too bad they didnā€™t call it the Bronco Explorer, that wouldā€™ve tweaked even more people. Another missed opportunityā€¦šŸ˜
An idiotic marketing decision by Ford, taking an ionic model name like Bronco and turning it into a multi-model sub-brand. They did the same thing with Mustang and the Mach-E. Boneheaded.
When they decided this sub brand thing, they screwed up not giving the Bronco another name. Bronco Maverick, Bronco Ranchero, Bronco whatever. Although I personally would have went with the Bronco Goat.

Sponsored

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally, I like the Bronco Sport. I am seeing more and more of them around town and I look forward to getting a chance to ask someone how they like it.

It's an otherwise terrific Ford vehicle (just like the Mustang Mach-E) getting negative reviews simply because it's "not a real Bronco"

If it had been up to me, I would have just made it the new Escape.

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Parking my full sized, 35" tire Bronco next to Bronco Sports in every parking lot I use will be my new hobby.
Oh man, it's like that already for me except every jacked up beefy Wrangler parks next to my old girl.

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Everyone I work with knows I'm getting a Bronco...one of these years lol...but for the LONGEST time they said "I saw one the other day, I don't like it and its really small!" And then I go on to show them a picture of what we're getting and they still say "Well, it said Bronco" :cautious: I'll be so happy once people stop referring to the Sport as a Bronco!

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You'd think Ford would've tried their hardest to differentiate the two. I guess when the big boy bronco is delayed as much as its been, it's hard to keep these horses corralled.
I've heard multiple people mention the "new" bronco, mostly to knock it and how it sucks, just for me to chime in with "actualllllllly...." Hell even my Dad keeps saying the new bronco is ugly even though he watched the reveal with me and I've explained the difference a few times. He gets the ol senior citizen pass though lol.

Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Personally, I like the Bronco Sport. I am seeing more and more of them around town and I look forward to getting a chance to ask someone how they like it.

It's an otherwise terrific Ford vehicle (just like the Mustang Mach-E) getting negative reviews simply because it's "not a real Bronco"

If it had been up to me, I would have just made it the new Escape.
It's odd that they didn't. I understand they want this to be a "brand" for them, but the people buying the bronco sport, probably wouldn't care if it was called the Escape.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No. You're forgetting that Jeep is a brand, not a model or model line. To be equivalent to the Bronco situation the stupidity of those names would have to be elevated to this...

Jeep Wrangler.
Ford Bronco.

Jeep Wrangler Cherokee.
Ford Bronco Sport.

Jeep Wrangler Gladiator.
Ford Bronco Maverick.

Clearly these are confusing and impractically long names, which is why Jeep didn't do it. Sadly Ford did not learn their lesson.

Ford Transit.
Ford Transit Connect.

People with common sense just call the small van the Connect and don't need Ford to slap "Transit" in there to remind them "it's a van" -- just like people with brains won't need or use Bronco in the name of the other models either.
Geez, with this line of thinking, I cringe thinking of when I eventually run into a Sport owner who keeps referring to it as their Bronco... I swear I'll end up shouting "SPORT!!! ITS A BRONCO SPORT! NOT A BRONCO! UGHHHHH!"

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know of at least one BS owner who proudly posted that no sooner did he get his BS home than he ripped off the ā€œSportā€ badge; so he could show all his neighbours that he bought a ā€œBroncoā€.

Identity theft. Itā€™s a crime.
Stolen valor! :ROFLMAO:

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a coworker say it looked like a generic Jeep. One of the biggest insults I've ever received.
I remember lusting after my build wallpaper, and my young 20 yr old male coworker coming in and seeing it and being like "ugh, that looks like a jeep"
Damn near came to blows with him, lmao I kid I kid.

The Memedalorian

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Chevys
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's odd that they didn't. I understand they want this to be a "brand" for them, but the people buying the bronco sport, probably wouldn't care if it was called the Escape.
"Look! I got a Bronco/Mustang/Porsche!"

- people who couldn't or wouldn't pull the trigger on the real kind.

Ford Marketing knew this.
Sponsored