Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

great write up, videos and pics! I'm curious, in this video - what did you use to get the map showing your location AND the hyperlapse info??

It was the native GoPro Quik App. I think you can still download an old version. But I basically did this on my Mac. You can overlay the video with things like GPS map, speed, coordinates etc.

I will say the mounting threads on the dash of the bronco were perfect for this trip. Really love what Ford did with accessibility for accessories.
Sponsored

Firewoody19

Badlands
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be doing a similar trip next month. North Texas to Red River, NM. This makes me real excited! Thank you for the write up!

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That is awesome. I think I went through Leadville on my way back from Aspen /Snowmass. I just had to make a pit stop in Eagle to drop off some cargo. But Im taking note of this. These drives are incredible. What bike did you use? KTM? BMW? Honda? - I bet that was amazing.
At the time I had a BMW F650S single, I now hove a 1200GSA, I think I would prefer the 650 for almost everything. The 650 was a lot easier to handle the unpaved/muddy sections.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How was the weather in CO, still hot during day? Light jacket good enough during evenings? Headed out that way this Friday. Stopping in Denver, Aspen, Ouray, telluride and silverton. 108Ā° today in SA so Iā€™m hoping for some relief.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it makes you feel better, I have a 2-Door, 2 young daughters (1 & 4) and 3 dogs and we simply have identified one of 2 vehicles as the family hauler.

Largely because itā€™s a bĀ”tch to take the seats out and are really just leaving the mess in our Sorrento.

my 4-year-old is obsessed w/the Bronco, so Iā€™ve put her car seat in there for the times we leave the neighborhood, but other than that, itā€™s no issue to have her ride shotgun. I should mention that our neighborhood is self-contained w/a little market, restaurants, parks, etc.

We mostly walk & bike everywhere, but itā€™s hard to refuse her request to ride around in the Bronco

Sponsored
OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How was the weather in CO, still hot during day? Light jacket good enough during evenings? Headed out that way this Friday. Stopping in Denver, Aspen, Ouray, telluride and silverton. 108Ā° today in SA so Iā€™m hoping for some relief.
You will get it. The weather was pretty amazing while I was there, pretty much straight from Trinidad to Aspen, and back. And everywhere between. I think the hottest it got was 81-82 degrees, but I avoided Denver entirely, and was mainly in smaller towns and cities near Mount Yale, Massive, Castle Peak, IP, etc. It did rain almost every day I was there, just for a little bit, but then it would clear up nicely.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seem like you ought to be able to fit luggage for 2 people for a week plus a dog into a 2 door with little problem. In your "departure pic", the back isn't even close to full. If you are trying to bring enough gear for overlanding, it might get a little more difficult.
That's why so many people go with the crew cab Bronco. NEED MORE ROOM FOR MORE STUFF!!!

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Half way through my round trip from Houston to Ouray, CO and Iā€™ve seen 2 faults. The first was when shifting on the fly from 4H to 2H while transitioning from dirt to pavement and coming to a stop. Got the service soon and driveline error warning.

Shortly after I got the check engine light and stuck wastegate warning. 14k mikes on the odometer. Towing a 2,000 lb trailer and leaving Durango tomorrow. Still driving fine so hope itā€™s just a sensor/software glitch. Check engine light is off now. Wish me luck on the drive home.
I know they say you can
That's why so many people go with the crew cab Bronco. NEED MORE ROOM FOR MORE STUFF!!!
Crew cab šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ love it

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know they say you can

Crew cab šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ love it
Fits the whole crew! they hope.
I don't want to brag but I've had nine day bike trips with a sleeping bag and tent. Packing is an art, plus you realize what you can live without. šŸ‘

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fits the whole crew! they hope.
I don't want to brag but I've had nine day bike trips with a sleeping bag and tent. Packing is an art, plus you realize what you can live without. šŸ‘
I also pack light and buy if I need to fortunately children are not a consideration anymore, that's a whole different ball of wax.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ahh, the afternoon summer thunderstorms in the CO mountains, happens all over including the front range. But, I have found memories of the cooling rains, almost every afternoon for around 20-45 minutes, and then clearing out for a nice summer evening.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds like a good time. Iā€™m headed to Ouray from Houston in about 2 weeks to do some wheeling in the Wikdtrak. Canā€™t wait.
Hopefully all the rain will move out by then. I was just up in that area last week and it rained every day. Didn't slow us down but made camping a little more challenging.
Sponsored