Sponsored

Mounting hardware for MTI Acoustics amp rack?

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased the MTI Acoustics amp rack, not for an amp specifically, but to mount various electrical accessories to. However, I did not realize on the product page says that the "M6x1.25 flange nuts" are NOT included until I went to install it and realized I had no way to mount it. So, I went to every hardware store within a 10 mile radius of me and for the life of me cannot find a single bolt with those dimensions. After searching online, and scouring the ford parts website for the hardware, I am convinced that must be a typo on their website.

I assume this mounting hardware is part of the BO system on the lux package, but I do not have the sub so the welded bolts that it would mount to are unused, and as such I have no factory nuts. Does anybody know if this is just a typo on the MTIAcoustics website? And if so does anybody have any idea what the actual nuts size/thread pitch actually is?

I did call one dealership and, and was told I would have to buy the whole sub enclosure and it would come with the hardware, but could not confirm the details of the nut. I suspect he was just being a dick as I have seen so many times around here with parts people trying to force people to buy expensive crap when all you need is something simple like this.

Anyway, I may end up calling around to a few more dealers this weekend, but I just thought I would reach out for a little more info before I do, in the off chance that there is an easier and/or cheaper route than dealing with greedy parts counters.
Sponsored

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It may be a typo, just go to a hardware store and grab m6x1 and m8x1.25 couple of each and return what doesn’t fit. No reason to go through a parts counter for flange nuts. I installed this rack once and just pulled some nuts from my parts bins

Jon D.

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you tried reaching out to MTI directly? If it is a typo, I’d bet they’d like to fix it. Their customer service is top notch.

I’ve got the same rack ready to install and would like to know as well. I’ll reach out to Jim Skaggs. I’m an admin on MTI’s bronco sound FB page and loop back on this post.

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's M6x1.00, I just tested it since I'm making my own similar rack.
Sponsored