First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered 5 Icon Rebound Pro 17x8.5 +25mm offsets along with 5- 315x70rx17 Toyo Open County RT tires from @Discount Tire . Unfortunately they wouldn't mount and balance the tires at their warehouse because they won't mount "beadlock" wheels. Has anyone else been told they wouldn't mount Icon Rebound Pro wheels??
20230317_145952.jpg
20230317_145853.jpg
Sponsored

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you for choosing Discount Tire for your new tires and wheels @BisSilent!

Though please accept my apologies for the confusion surrounding the serviceability of the Icon Rebound Pro. Our stores are able to service this wheel; admittedly, not all of our store locations are aware we have a service bulletin for this model.

I'd like to further assist, hope you don't mind me sending you a PM.

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They're telling you they won't mount tires on wheels that you bought from them? Is it just the warehouse that won't do it?

OP
OP
BisSilent

BisSilent

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They're telling you they won't mount tires on wheels that you bought from them? Is it just the warehouse that won't do it?
It was the distribution center.

Last edited:

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just bought rebound pro wheels and was wandering the same thing (if they would mount) tires onto these. @Discount Tire, please PM me the service bulletin as well

Sponsored

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is one of the reasons I went with the Method Bread Grip wheels. I had been seriously considering the Icons. I had heard the Methods could be a pain to install but my installer didn't complain once (and he likes to complain).

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I assume it’s bc the store near you has a mounting machine that will damage your wheels. You need a place that has a specialty machine that doesn’t grab the actual wheel itself. Ran into the same issue with places you would expect when getting my black rhino wheels out on my open country’s​

Elevator Man

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mercedes GLE, 2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had mine mounted at Americas Tire Company, the California named version of Discount Tire, without any problem. You need to bring your own o-ring oil and anti-seize though.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is one of the reasons I went with the Method Bread Grip wheels. I had been seriously considering the Icons. I had heard the Methods could be a pain to install but my installer didn't complain once (and he likes to complain).
It took my local tire shop a while to get the Method bead grip wheels fully mounted. They had no issues getting the tires on the rims, but the guy probably spent 5+ minutes on each one to get the beads seated over the bead grip. He didn’t complain and didn’t scratch my wheels, so I tipped him $20 for the extra efforts.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It took my local tire shop a while to get the Method bead grip wheels fully mounted. They had no issues getting the tires on the rims, but the guy probably spent 5+ minutes on each one to get the beads seated over the bead grip. He didn’t complain and didn’t scratch my wheels, so I tipped him $20 for the extra efforts.
Interesting. I mean it did take some air pressure to seat them but I think plenty of lube was employed.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a 4x4 store install mine. Quick question, as they say mine didn’t come with extra o rings. If you got some, how many per wheel did you get?
Sponsored