First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made my reservation back on July 13th, 2020 and placed my order on February 24th 2021. My order had the painted MOD top. As commodity shortages continued and the tops became a real issue, in May I changed my painted MOD to a soft top with the hope that I'd get my Bronco earlier. Then the second twist came up. Remember when we had the ability to change dealerships? I moved from Illinois to Tennessee in early June of this year and after settling into our new home I looked into changing my dealership so could take delivery in my new home town and not 700 miles away. I received confirmation that my new dealer would sell my Bronco for MSRP and started working with him and my hold dealership to figure this out. You would think with the millions of cars and trucks Ford has delivered that the process for changing the delivery dealership would be established, after all this is about customer service isn't it? Both my salesmen have been helpful and I'm aware my ordering salesman would lose the commission, but I've offered some cash to him out of respect for his time and the circumstances IF we can get the dealership changed. So far no luck despite reaching out to their regional Ford Reps.. BTW - I was as scheduled to be a 9/13 week production but don't have a clue yet as to when it will be built. Anybody have any insights as to how Ford has handled changing delivery dealerships? I mean...I had to move and they've been "helping" me with this for two months if not more...but no answer.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You would think with the millions of cars and trucks Ford has delivered that the process for changing the delivery dealership would be established, after all this is about customer service isn't it?
Yeah, but, I bet they percentage of those who custom order a vehicle and then need to change dealerships is probably very very low.

The best you can hope for is to have a courtesy delivery done (bought at one dealership, delivered to another). However, I believe the courtesy delivery needed to be in place before ordering (or maybe VIN assigned). If their area Ford rep can't figure out how to do it I am not sure anybody here will be of help.

Why don't you just hire an auto transport? I would figure less than $700 from IL to TN. A one way ticket and half a day drive is probably even cheaper.

Edit. Quick quote from Chicago to Knoxville was $675.

Last edited:

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Quick quote from Chicago to Knoxville was $675.
Plane ticket should be cheaper than that. Plan your very first road trip for pickup.
Sponsored