First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Land Cruiser and 2 classic Porsche 911’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m officially out. My original decision to buy a Bronco was based on the need for a comfortable daily driver. I ordered a loaded up Badlands early on Day 2. Since then all my dealer has told is to be patient through the delays. While I love the aesthetics of the Bronco I’ve come to think it will not suit my needs as much as I’d thought so I started looking around. Yesterday I pulled the trigger on a new Macan S. Since I also have a capable Chevy 4WD pickup for off road needs/fun the Badlands seemed like more than I needed and a compromise to the performance & luxury equation offered by the Macan S. Now that I’ve written the big check at the Porsche dealer I have no doubt I’ll get an email from Ford telling my Bronco is about to be built! I truly hope Ford gets this launch in high gear soon and you all get the Bronco’s you’ve ordered. I’ve seen a few in the wild and at the dealer and they do look absolutely awesome.
Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good for you to hang in as long as you did. I appreciate you getting the Macan as hopefully your BL will end up being delivered to me! I can only hope...

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Macan? :cautious:

Happy trails man. :) Seems you didn't need a Bronco to begin with, but appreciate your being honest with yourself and leaving the off roaders to those who'll hopefully you know...... go off road.

Macan is a very nice drive for an SUV.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A Macan? :cautious:

Happy trails man. :) Seems you didn't need a Bronco to begin with, but appreciate your being honest with yourself and leaving the off roaders to those who'll hopefully you know...... go off road.

Macan is a very nice drive for an SUV.
Really, there are few people who "need" a Bronco... The Bronco is very cool, very capable, but hardly a "need" that can't be replaced by an alternative of some sort. I definitely want a Bronco, but even in my current situation with a truck that has been needing some recent maintenance, I didn't "need" a Bronco specifically - a number of other options would have met the basic requirements. However, I wanted the Bronco... and as a result, I continue to wait.

OP
OP

NickyP

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I kinda’ knew it was more off-road oriented once the Bronco events and drive reviews started popping up. I also was disappointed when the Bronco towing capacity was announced. I have an enclosed aluminum trailer for my early 911’s which totals ~4100 lbs and exceeds the Bronco capacity. The Macan is rated for 4400 lbs so a bit more there.

All that said, I’ve been rolling around for years between a 100 Series Land Cruiser, my 96 Chevy truck and 2 old 911’s so I‘m certain the comfort level and tech in the Bronco would put me in the lap of luxury by comparison. The Macan S feels like an SUV sports car to me; once I drove it for a bit I was hooked….

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Macan S feels like an SUV sports car to me; once I drove it for a bit I was hooked….
Lol, had to think about this for a second.

You mean to tell me, your Sport Utility Vehicle handles like a ..... SPORT Utility Vehicle?

Get out of here with that nonsense!!!

Lol, I get it .... handling is the hallmark of Porsche.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm glad you said Porsche in your post or I would have to had to Google Macan. Good luck with it. Hopefully someone gets to move up now.

OP
OP

NickyP

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh yeah, SUV = Sport Utility Vehicle. Perhaps with my reference being mainly a Land Cruiser the emphasis feels more ‘utility’ than ‘sport’ in that case.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Glad you got what you want, but who compares a Ford to a Porsche? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

Oh, Solana Beach, now I get it (I used to work in OC), image first, function second.

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really, there are few people who "need" a Bronco... The Bronco is very cool, very capable, but hardly a "need" that can't be replaced by an alternative of some sort. I definitely want a Bronco, but even in my current situation with a truck that has been needing some recent maintenance, I didn't "need" a Bronco specifically - a number of other options would have met the basic requirements. However, I wanted the Bronco... and as a result, I continue to wait.
You’ve been around here long enough to CLEARLY understand that by need, I meant due to the fact that the Bronco and Badlands no less is a purpose built off rorder with little use as anything else very well.

The Macan is a sports car of sorts, which is what he needed/wanted to complement what he already owns for any dirt duty. With Bronco being scarce, yes, I want them reserved for those of us who plan to dirt them.

Sort of like how Warn Winches have gotten harder to get likely because every poseur Wrangler in Atlanta has found them as trendy now and just hang them off a bumper to “look tough”, yet these Wranglers have never seen any dirt or woods; it’s crazy down here.

That’s why I applauded the OP for recognizing what he NEEDED and getting something that he’d enjoy more, as driving around town or the highway in the Macan would be much more fun with the sport suspension instead of the squishy Bronco suspension at speed.

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

i didn't think this was an airport

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I need a Bronco. Period, full stop.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I need a Bronco. Period, full stop.
I did acknowledge that there would be some when I said that "there are few people who need" as opposed to "no one needs".

As they say on Thursdays, "Peace be unto you and so may the mercy of Allah and his blessings..."

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You’ve been around here long enough to CLEARLY understand that by need, I meant due to the fact that the Bronco and Badlands no less is a purpose built off rorder with little use as anything else very well.

The Macan is a sports car of sorts, which is what he needed/wanted to complement what he already owns for any dirt duty. With Bronco being scarce, yes, I want them reserved for those of us who plan to dirt them.

Sort of like how Warn Winches have gotten harder to get likely because every poseur Wrangler in Atlanta has found them as trendy now and just hang them off a bumper to “look tough”, yet these Wranglers have never seen any dirt or woods; it’s crazy down here.

That’s why I applauded the OP for recognizing what he NEEDED and getting something that he’d enjoy more, as driving around town or the highway in the Macan would be much more fun with the sport suspension instead of the squishy Bronco suspension at speed.
It wasn't meant to criticize you at all. I do think that you identified the fact that the OP had the maturity to realize that he could get something else without throwing a tantrum.

As for the Warn winches... I decided to go hardcore and go with the HF Apex... LOL. ;)
Sponsored