Sponsored

MPG gas mileage for Badlands Sasquatch automatic?

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wondering what people are getting out there for MPG for BadSas automatic? I have about 250 on mine in eco mode doing side streets during break in period and am getting 13.6mpg. The sticker says I should be getting more and I have been taking it really easy on it. So I am wondering if there might be something wrong with the rig…
Sponsored

Sgtwrm

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have about 8500 miles on my Wildtrak. I drive about equal highway and city streets to work and average around 18.5 mpg in normal mode, I have never used eco mode.

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got ~18 highway for the first 3k miles, but now I'm getting 12-14MPG (5300 miles)

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wondering what people are getting out there for MPG for BadSas automatic? I have about 250 on mine in eco mode doing side streets during break in period and am getting 13.6mpg. The sticker says I should be getting more and I have been taking it really easy on it. So I am wondering if there might be something wrong with the rig…
I have 1400 miles on 4door bad squatch and my combined MPG (including city, hilly highway, and off-roading) I’m at 16.9. When I’m just cruising on the highway I was getting like 17.6 in eco. Not too flat in the Seattle area where I’m at, but if you are on flat highway and you’re taking it easy and running about 60-65 you can probably get 19. I was following my buddy in his slow ass jeep on some flat backroads doing like 55 with no traffic and I was getting 20. Wind resistance, speed and hills kills the mpg quickly. Smiles per gallon is all I care about. I’ll drive my wife’s Hyundai if I need MPG.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have 1400 miles on 4door bad squatch and my combined MPG (including city, hilly highway, and off-roading) I’m at 16.9. When I’m just cruising on the highway I was getting like 17.6 in eco. Not too flat in the Seattle area where I’m at, but if you are on flat highway and you’re taking it easy and running about 60-65 you can probably get 19. I was following my buddy in his slow ass jeep on some flat backroads doing like 55 with no traffic and I was getting 20. Wind resistance, speed and hills kills the mpg quickly. Smiles per gallon is all I care about. I’ll drive my wife’s Hyundai if I need MPG.
It think there is something wrong with mine. I’m in MN and on flat roads and taking it really easy on eco mode.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm on my second 4Dr 2.7L Sasquatch. Both broncos got me pretty much exactly 17 mpg, sometimes a bit less.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BL Sasquatch 2.7, on a 1800 mile trip to SoCal I got 16.9, going 80+ for hours on I5, I was surprised. Just reset it and with my short 3 mile daily drive around residential roads I'm currently at 12.3 or so, not surprised.
All in normal mode.

Could be better, but as little as I drive outside of road trips, I don't care. I'd never buy anything like this for commuting though, I'd be electric then. Never seeing a gas station must be kind of nice :-D

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a # of videos/comparisons showing people getting worse mileage in Eco mode compared to normal.

Sponsored

BSheppard

Badlands
First Name
Ballard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, GT350, 991, Rubicon, Viper, Nissan Z32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a # of videos/comparisons showing people getting worse mileage in Eco mode compared to normal.
Not a Bronco but we have a newer ES 350 F sport and it definitely gets worse mileage in eco than normal. We have right at 50k miles on it now so lots of mileage and have tried eco, normal and sport a bunch between tanks.

it’s not a lot of difference but normally gets 2-3 mph better in normal than in either eco or sport. It is rated at like 22mpg city and 33 hwy. normally gets 27ish on a tank but drops to 24mpg-25mpg if you go a whole tank on eco or sport. Did it when it was new and still gives the same mileage now with the 50k miles.

No idea why.

raynaldo

Badlands
First Name
raynaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m at 500 miles on my badlands Sasquatch, 4 door, 2.7l and I’m getting 14.1 mpg in normal mode.

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty consistently ~14 no matter where I go or how I drive (most if the time in Normal). I may have hit 16 on a longer drive once.
Sponsored