Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

16.1 avg read out however, you could see the mpg gauge as well

Looks like he’s getting about 16-17mpg real-time on the gauge cruising at 47 mph. But it also bounces around at 20mpg. I think the tell is that the moment he pulls up the read out, he is steady on the throttle and the gauge reads around 16-17 (closer to 16) when he’s going 50
That's crap. Lol
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Real world MPG's - 2019 F150 FX4 with 3.5 Ecoboost, 10sp auto, tow pkg with 3.55 gears. Stock rims and tires. I keep the auto stop/start turned off!
Driving style - Drive it pretty hard. If the speed limit is 70 i'm 75-80. We live in rural East Texas in hilly terrain. We drive about 40 miles round trip daily to work and back into a town of about 20k people...so no stop and go type driving. I do not watch MPG's, I just drive. Took a trip to Tyler today and this was the fuel economy when we got in the truck.
As you can see in the top photo avg is 17.8. All mileage to and from work, no highway miles at all.
The second photo we are on the way home and the avg has gone up to 17.9. The trip to Tyler is mostly highway,.. speed limit 70. The second photo shows about 19 - 20 (the green bar in the middle) instantaneous mpg and the cruise is set on 76.
Considering how I drive this truck and the fact that the avg mpg is 17.8 all city, short trip type driving. I believe 20-22 mpg in either Bronco will be easily achievable, especially if you are a conscientious driver who pays attention to fuel economy!

Ford Bronco MPG of 2.7L Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch - watch the fuel economy changes during driving fuel economy 1

Ford Bronco MPG of 2.7L Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch - watch the fuel economy changes during driving fuel economy 3

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think that short of a distance will give us a solid idea of the Bronco mpg's. But, it is more than we have seen up until now.
Plus we have no idea if there is a 20 headwind, tailwind, going uphill or downhill, this 'information' is about useful as tits on a boar. Gives a general idea, maybe, plus or minus a few MPG, or not. The only reason people are latching onto it is because it is a reasonable number for what is expected.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Beats my JK on 33's. I'm cool with that. Now that it's getting warmer I've finally broke into the 14s up from the winter 11s.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait this particular WT is a sasquatch and 2.7L?
🤯

Sponsored

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Real world MPG's - 2019 F150 FX4 with 3.5 Ecoboost, 10sp auto, tow pkg with 3.55 gears. Stock rims and tires. I keep the auto stop/start turned off!
Driving style - Drive it pretty hard. If the speed limit is 70 i'm 75-80. We live in rural East Texas in hilly terrain. We drive about 40 miles round trip daily to work and back into a town of about 20k people...so no stop and go type driving. I do not watch MPG's, I just drive. Took a trip to Tyler today and this was the fuel economy when we got in the truck.
As you can see in the top photo avg is 17.8. All mileage to and from work, no highway miles at all.
The second photo we are on the way home and the avg has gone up to 17.9. The trip to Tyler is mostly highway,.. speed limit 70. The second photo shows about 19 - 20 (the green bar in the middle) instantaneous mpg and the cruise is set on 76.
Considering how I drive this truck and the fact that the avg mpg is 17.8 all city, short trip type driving. I believe 20-22 mpg in either Bronco will be easily achievable, especially if you are a conscientious driver who pays attention to fuel economy!

Ford Bronco MPG of 2.7L Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch - watch the fuel economy changes during driving fuel economy 3

It's honestly impressive how much technology has improved fuel MPG on heavy trucks. My 2005 Hyundai Accent 1.6L econobox I had in college got 22mpg. I think that thing weighed about 2300lbs, so literally half of a 4600lb F-150.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If we, the soon to be owners, just fire it up in the garage and don't actually go anywhere our mpg's will be huge. And the value will stick. But we can't drive it. Treat it like a museum piece:-/
Your MPG would be exactly zero. :unsure:

I mean who's buying this to get good MPGs? I mean yeah if it was getting 10mpg there would be something to worry about, but this is an Off-road focused SUV getting decent fuel economy.
Me, and other people who would like to venture deep into the desert without 20 fuel cans.

I average 16-18mpg in both my 94 bronco and my 95 bronco.
This is exactly why I think it's silly to expect these things to average only 15 mpg when driven nicely. Plenty of FSB folks got 16+ with V8's and slushy 4 speed automatics. It'll be sad if modern tech can't significantly beat that.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me, and other people who would like to venture deep into the desert without 20 fuel cans.
exactly! I don't get all these "who cares, it's a 4x4 off road brick, but a Prius" bla bla.
Better MPG = better range and less crap to buy and carry around (extra canisters etc). 15MpG vs 20MpG is a 5 mile difference in range for one gallon, on a full tank that makes quite a difference in how far you can go out into nowhere w/o having to carry extra fuel. And there are many trails where there is no gas station near by to fill up to full either, so you already used up range in just getting there. It's not so much about the savings over a year, personally don't care about that at all. But if I'm able to go a couple miles deeper into the woods w/o worry, why would I not want that? SMH

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2.0 bronco sport gets an average at 21MPG. I’m not saying the bronco can’t get better than 17, but I think 17MPG combined is going to be closer than what a lot of you are expecting

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These numbers are complete garbage. You guys should definitely take a stand and cancel your orders ASAP!!! Please don't forget to post your reservation date and thanks in advance.

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had a Mojave Gladiator loaner for a month. Drive @ 60 miles round trip to/from work every day and piled on a few extra miles on the weekends . . . 75% highway miles @75mph . . . averaged about 13mpg so 16 is just fine in my book - and, really, as long as it is double figures I am okay with it . . . getting over 17 with my (2017) Raptor over just shy of 100k so maybe that'll be my economy rig!

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

16.1 avg read out however, you could see the mpg gauge as well

Looks like he’s getting about 16-17mpg real-time on the gauge cruising at 47 mph. But it also bounces around at 20mpg. I think the tell is that the moment he pulls up the read out, he is steady on the throttle and the gauge reads around 16-17 (closer to 16) when he’s going 50
Does the reading change in your current vehicle.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure I'll get 20 hwy on trips, which is very good for a vehicle of this caliber. I don't care about my city mileage because it's so little.

Kinda sucks that my fuel bill is going to double. I pulled 43 mpg today driving 400 miles to see Broncos, in my Focus equipped with the father of my Bronco's engine, the Duratec 2.0L.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Long time driver of an 2012 F150 3.5 Crew Cab Lariat I have learned you can have either Eco or Boost. We were always able to get 23 mpg on the Freeway. 9 years + and still runs like new. Looking forward to the 2.7.
Sponsored