First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
We have the 2.7 in my wife's F-150, which is way heavier than the heaviest Bronco. Fuel mileage fluctuates wildly.

I get about 7 mpg getting onto the freeway, 22 on the actual freeway, 28 on city streets if the lights are synchronized, and back down to around 20 in traffic.

It's like driving an old muscle car with a 4-barrel carb. When the turbos kick in, your mileage goes straight down the toilet.

Also, I have found that in heavier traffic, you get better mileage if you keep it in Sport Mode. That keeps it in a lower gear, which keeps the turbos from spooling up as much. Alternatively, lock out the higher gears.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco MPG of 2.7L Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch - watch the fuel economy changes during driving 4A11A81A-C8A3-4058-A41E-44B7E7A63DDE

Well, I won’t be complaining. Granted, this was towing 12,000 pounds over a mountain pass.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don’t understand the obsession over gas mileage. If you’re buying a Bronco, especially the Sasquatch package, don’t expect great mileage. Plus we have no idea what kind of driving these Broncos have exactly been doing to achieve the mileage shown.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
16.1 is going to devastate half the forum. For me, its an upgrade.

Cowds

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP here

Yeah this is pretty spot on with my expectations. My post wasn’t for the purposes of “omg I can’t believe it” but rather some affirmation
Honestly, i could care less about the MPG of the Bronco. Everyone should just enjoy it for what it is. If you're fixation is all about MPG....cancel your reservation and buy a Tesla or Rivian and let the rest of us enjoy our rides

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, i could care less about the MPG of the Bronco. Everyone should just enjoy it for what it is. If you're fixation is all about MPG....cancel your reservation and buy a Tesla or Rivian and let the rest of us enjoy our rides
yup

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Most of us could care less as well. That's why we're discussing it!

Seriously enough with this go buy a Prius garbage. We're talking about Broncos and exactly none of us are expecting amazing mileage here. If you have nothing useful to add then please "let the rest of us enjoy our rides".

GOODVBZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford escape, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll take anything over 15 as a bonus and anything over 20 as completely unexpected surprise.

Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick press the reset button

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I spoke to a Ford rep during the local Bronco viewing, and he said they are driving & not trucking the Broncos from one city to another. I asked him what was the average MPG he got, and he said his average MPG in the Badlands with 33’s and the 2.3L was around 23 when driving at 55 mph. It went down to around 20 when he drove closer to 70 mph.
It's amazing how much going just a little bit faster impacts mpg. My current car, if I could drive 55 (which I can't) it gets low 40's...but my normal 75....low 30's.

And all you who don't care... There are plenty of other threads to go post on. Nobody has ever claimed that they are going to get great MPG in the Bronco.

Doesn't mean they still don't want to know what it is. How far can you drive between tanks? How much more $ do we have to Budget for gas on a road trip? Should I get the 2.3 or 2.7.

All questions that can be answered with MPG for normal highway driving. So when people ask what is the MPG, they aren't complaining about it..just want some badly missing info.

Must be the same group who doesn't care how heavy the Bronco is, what it towing capacity is has, or how many cupholders cuz just give me an engine And point to a rock.. that's all that matters.

BadlandsBronc21

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 2018 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds good to me what I expected. Don’t worry be happy.

Beardedspeed

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The ranger tremor with 32s is epa rated 19/19 and that's the 2.3. so I don't see the 2.7 doing any better especially with squatch.
Sponsored