First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly I care less about mileage than range. Ford loves to put tiny little gas tanks in everything.

My Bronco is not going to be just a weekend toy. If would be nice if I could drive to work for an entire week without having to fill the tank.

My Mustang GT gets 21, with the 16 gallon tank that's just barely enough to drive to work and back 5 days.
Sponsored

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check it on your Prius see if changes while driving

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a surprise honestly once I put 37’s and more armor/better bumpers that are heavier I’ll be happy if I see 15mpg on a good day.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's honestly impressive how much technology has improved fuel MPG on heavy trucks. My 2005 Hyundai Accent 1.6L econobox I had in college got 22mpg. I think that thing weighed about 2300lbs, so literally half of a 4600lb F-150.
I think the bigger takeaway is how much technology has RUINED MPG on cars, period.... My old Ford Contour got over 30mpg.

New cars today are bogged down with ever increasing safety equipment, running off inneficient corn gas, and further hurt by strict emission controls.

Was there maybe something wrong with your car? 22 just seems crazy low.

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's amazing how much going just a little bit faster impacts mpg. My current car, if I could drive 55 (which I can't) it gets low 40's...but my normal 75....low 30's.

And all you who don't care... There are plenty of other threads to go post on. Nobody has ever claimed that they are going to get great MPG in the Bronco.

Doesn't mean they still don't want to know what it is. How far can you drive between tanks? How much more $ do we have to Budget for gas on a road trip? Should I get the 2.3 or 2.7.

All questions that can be answered with MPG for normal highway driving. So when people ask what is the MPG, they aren't complaining about it..just want some badly missing info.

Must be the same group who doesn't care how heavy the Bronco is, what it towing capacity is has, or how many cupholders cuz just give me an engine And point to a rock.. that's all that matters.
People are dumb. Why the hell would you go into an MPG thread in the first place if you don't care about MPG?

Apparently the purpose is just to troll.

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WTF, who cares about a difference in 4 mpg fuel economy... Gas is cheap and remain so. We have a huge infrastructure supporting it and are no longer dependent on foreign resources for oil. (Unlike battery tech, which is 100% dependent on foreign resources)
4 mpg is only about $400/yr. I can spend that in a single night out drinking picking up a round or two....
The Bronco is purpose built. Its built with GOAMFT. Goes Over Any MFing Thing.... and that includes Prius and Subaru's...

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Winter or Summer gas? A good 2 MPG difference on my 2.7 Fusion.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gas is cheap and remain so. We have a huge infrastructure supporting it and are no longer dependent on foreign resources for oil. (Unlike battery tech, which is 100% dependent on foreign resources)
There's a lot wrong in that statement. Oil is sold in the open market which is why when OPEC cuts back on production we see rising gas prices, regardless of whether we're dependent on them or not. Tesla produces a lot of their own battery tech even though they work with foreign companies to produce their batteries.

BadlandsJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If these are the Broncos from the ride-a-longs then I expect that MPG is probably a little low. Those vehicles are idled a lot and are driven on/off road to give people a good ride.

If you're just doing everyday driving on fully inflated tires, I'd expect a couple mpgs higher.
I hope so

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Off road capabilities cost fuel.
Actual off roading costs more fuel.

Suck it up and enjoy the drive.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

On long down hill mountain grades my Raptor will read 50+ mpg. The live mpg reading is not relevant. The rolling average is what matters.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the bigger takeaway is how much technology has RUINED MPG on cars, period.... My old Ford Contour got over 30mpg.

New cars today are bogged down with ever increasing safety equipment, running off inneficient corn gas, and further hurt by strict emission controls.

Was there maybe something wrong with your car? 22 just seems crazy low.
You are so right. One of my first cars out of high school had a smog pump and a carborator and got the same mpg as my Honda sports bike. Cars have been playing catch up since then.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WTF, who cares about a difference in 4 mpg fuel economy... Gas is cheap and remain so.
Sorry brother, but $4.25 per gallon ain't cheap.

Reactions: OX1

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry brother, but $4.25 per gallon ain't cheap.
Fortunately, many of us don't buy gasoline in California. The reason California has the highest average gas price in the country is because it has the highest gas taxes in the country.

Ford Bronco MPG of 2.7L Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch - watch the fuel economy changes during driving gas-tax-per-gallon-in-cents-by-state-603x1024

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fortunately, many of us don't buy gasoline in California. The reason California has the highest average gas price in the country is because it has the highest gas taxes in the country.

Ford Bronco MPG of 2.7L Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch - watch the fuel economy changes during driving gas-tax-per-gallon-in-cents-by-state-603x1024
Yup...dumb ass voters keep passing tax hikes without knowing they are doing it. Right now has prices are reasonable, but when a road trip cost you $200 in gas..you post threads like this.
Sponsored