First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, fuel economy varies depending on driving conditions. Who knew that was possible?
Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My old girl with 31's gets 13mpg city and 16 highway so no issues or worries with this mgp realtime estimate on 35s

ldstruckn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor, xterra pro4-x, 2018 sti, bmw x1
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I currently drive a 2020 raptor all stock. I live in fort collins colorado at 4900ft and work in cheyenne wyoming at 6100ft. I commute on interstate 25 almost a hundred miles a day in the raptor. Keep in mind it should be heavier than the bronco, it has 4.10 gears, and 35's so the bronco squatch with smaller displacement on 35's with 4.7 gears should get better mpg.
I routinely get over 20mpg at 75 during the summer and 18.5 doing the same commute on the winter fuel..
Bronco should be able to beat my raptor for MPG.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hell yesterday I got on the gas with my 4 banger and the MPG dropped to 6 mpg.

Current MPG is really only good for when you are cruising a steady speed. Lime for determining how much more fuel you'll use driving 75 vs 65.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Spoke to one of the drivers of a non sas badlands. He did an fuel economy test on his drive to Louisiana from Tennessee. He said going 65-70mph the whole trip he averaged 22 mpg. Thats a 2.7L. The posted overall average on the vehicle when it was sitting was around 16. Gotta keep in mind though, these vehicles that are being shown are sitting idle for a good bit of time. Burning fuel without moving as you all know is terrible for mpg. I wouldn't be surprised if the mpg when it gets released is 18 city, 21 hwy or close to that. Curios if sas is different.
If we assume we can deduct 2 mpg for the 35’s that would be money.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If we assume we can deduct 2 mpg for the 35’s that would be money.
I doubt you'll have to do that. With 35s they lower the gear ratio so in the end, I bet Sasquatch is going to be tight about the same rpm as a non Sasquatch on 33s (still 2.7)

You'll save more gas by driving the speed limit instead of 10-15 over...but who wants to do that.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup...dumb ass voters keep passing tax hikes without knowing they are doing it. Right now has prices are reasonable, but when a road trip cost you $200 in gas..you post threads like this.
Then the kicker is they get fed up with overpaying for everything, move away then vote for the same stupidity where they end up.

Last edited:

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup...dumb ass voters keep passing tax hikes without knowing they are doing it. Right now has prices are reasonable, but when a road trip cost you $200 in gas..you post threads like this.
What they need to do is pass a mileage tax as opposed to more gas taxes. That way all the electric vehicles pay their fare share. As the most populous state we need our roads fixed frequently so I understand some of the gas taxes, but it needs to be more equitable. The last time voters approved a gas tax hike many voters did not realize it included an automatic annual increase. Ouch!
Sponsored