Sponsored

MPG Poll...yes it has come to this

If avg. MPG is below this number, I'm walking away.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It could get the same 8mpg my Excursion does and I’d drive it with a smile from station to station (given the short range).

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

14 - you know why - I would love to say I am not walking away - but really if they cannot do better than 14 in 2021 - then what else on the build can they not do better on that is substandard.
This was my thought. I ordered a 2dr, 2.3...if Ford can't do better than my number (13), then there is a bigger flaw...lack of forthought.

I appreciate all the smack talk about "drive a Prius blah blah blah" but the reality is many people are cost conscious. Every dollar spent in extra gas is an increase in cost of ownership. Would you rather pay an extra $30-$100 a month in fuel inefficiency or have that money go to a higher trim model, tires, trips, date night in your Bronco etc etc.

It seems irrational that people would gladly have all that extra money literally burned away rather than some tangible benefit which increases enjoyment.

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
not walking away but look for $4 average on gas by the time Bronco hits the streets with about $6 average over the next couple years. The days of lower prices fuel are winding down. We've got a bunch of hurt coming at the pump but some folks asked for it.

Billm0066

First Edition
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know this comment won’t be loved but I ended up cancelling my fe reservation because of not wanting to pay for gas. I’ve had a Tesla for 15 months and not having to gas up has been quite nice. In the last year gas was super cheap but has been creeping up and especially in the last 50ish days….. I ended up ordering a cybertruck but won’t expect it for over a year and a half or two. I love the bronco but it wasn’t meant to be for me. Honestly I don’t off road so my reservation will hopefully go to an owner that can truly enjoy that car.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just paid $86 to fill up my truck. Before this, I had a diesel super duty. I think I can handle the gas mileage.

Sponsored

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
15 city 19 Hwy 2.3l non SAS I’d say

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The defender is very close to the bronco in size, profile, weight and powertrain.

Ford Bronco MPG Poll...yes it has come to this B007DC2C-2949-46F1-B9BB-B154E37885A3

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since we are discussing mpg, does anyone know what actual percentage of improvement Start/Stop function delivers? As an aside, I rode in a BMW with it and also a chevy pick up. The truck was a minimal distraction but the BMW experience of the Start/ Stop made me want to stick a pencil in my eye.
Yesss.. My fiance's bmw has the most irksome start/stop. I immediately turn it off upon entering the vehicle
I twice once got 250MPH between fill-ups with my Chevy Volt.

I did feel guilting about getting my Mustang, but a colleague of my told me that I paid my dues for 6 years of plugging in. All stress went away after that statement.
Once, or twice? 😉
not walking away but look for $4 average on gas by the time Bronco hits the streets with about $6 average over the next couple years. The days of lower prices fuel are winding down. We've got a bunch of hurt coming at the pump but some folks asked for it.
Nobody asked for this!
I know this comment won’t be loved but I ended up cancelling my fe reservation because of not wanting to pay for gas. I’ve had a Tesla for 15 months and not having to gas up has been quite nice. In the last year gas was super cheap but has been creeping up and especially in the last 50ish days….. I ended up ordering a cybertruck but won’t expect it for over a year and a half or two. I love the bronco but it wasn’t meant to be for me. Honestly I don’t off road so my reservation will hopefully go to an owner that can truly enjoy that car.

Fair enough!
If not for the Bronco, I'd be all over the rivian R1S

Deleted member 13702

Lol, wow, don’t ever say that the people of 6g arnt passionate. I’ll be honest, you see people bagging on Jeep all the time, but they managed to squeeze 22 city and 25 highway out of their 4 banger wrangler. I verified this when I rented one. On top of that I was pleasantly surprised by its acceleration and overall performance.

Since a Jeep Wrangler is also a brick shape, I would think Ford should be able to get close to these numbers for at least the 4 cylinder.

I know some of the people claim to not care about gas mileage, however this will be my daily driver and fun vehicle. I put down that I’d walk away at anything under 15 mpg, and I stand by that.

I know I’m going to take a beating for saying it, but the reality is, if my 5.7l crew cab tundra can pull an average of 16mpg, then the Bronco should easily be able to beat it.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yesss.. My fiance's bmw has the most irksome start/stop. I immediately turn it off upon entering the vehicle
Thankfully in a BMW, once you turn it off, it stays off even after you restart the engine.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.