Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

*UPDATE*

Mike twittered back at me today with an update and clarification. Sad day boys and girls. But I kind of felt like this was going to come. Wanted to share with anyone that was still following.

Ford Bronco Mr. Levine confirms MT w/ SAS only on the 2 door BASE, not 4-door. *UPDATE* mike tweet response

So Ford sent out an email yesterday containing the following text:

Sasquatch™ Package expands: now available on Bronco two- and four-door Base, Big Bend,™ Black Diamond™ and Badlands™ series with manual transmission.

However, as many of you have confirmed with me, the MY22 order guide does not show the MT option for the 4 door BASE model. So I jumped to the good ol' Tweeter to ask what Mr. Levine had to say about this. Here is his response:

Ford Bronco Mr. Levine confirms MT w/ SAS only on the 2 door BASE, not 4-door. *UPDATE* levine response

So I thought I would share with you my other four-door Base model compadres. I followed up, asking if the MY22 order guides would be updated to show this change. We'll see what he says!
Sponsored

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If true that would be sweet, and it would seriously make me consider dropping my Black Diamond in favor of a Base.

But that also means the order guide is flat-out wrong. Which... honestly... I wouldn't be surprised given that the price list that was released yesterday has glaring issues. But typically the order guide is considered the "bible" when it comes to order options.

So...... I guess we'll just have to see.

OP
OP
JustSendItDude

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If true that would be sweet, and it would seriously make me consider dropping my Black Diamond in favor of a Base.

But that also means the order guide is flat-out wrong. Which... honestly... I wouldn't be surprised given that the price list that was released yesterday has glaring issues. But typically the order guide is considered the "bible" when it comes to order options.

So...... I guess we'll just have to see.
Absolutely! I'm looking at the BD as well, but hearing this news is making me seriously consider the Base now.

I asked Mike about the order guide containing errors as well. Hoping he clarifies there too! Will keep everyone posted if he does respond again. However, I'm thinking his response will be a one and done. Fingers crossed!

ThunderSquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, (ex: RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4x4)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Mr. Levine confirms MT w/ SAS only on the 2 door BASE, not 4-door. *UPDATE* 4AE39DCC-CED8-4F37-B813-E5E4EA287CEE

I am a little confused now. The order guide which released yesterday says what you see here in the red box. The 4 door Base SAS should be the “E5D” body code. According to that, I’m not sure if Mike just misspoke or if I’m missing something here. Maybe the word “all” right before “4-Door (E5B, E5D)” hints that some configurations of E5D will indeed be available with MT.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JustSendItDude

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mike responded again but still may be misspeaking about the 4door.

Ford Bronco Mr. Levine confirms MT w/ SAS only on the 2 door BASE, not 4-door. *UPDATE* mike tweet 2

So I've replied a 3rd time showing him the actual order guide and the section @ThunderSquatch posted. Since our dealers will be using that and not any of the communication Ford has sent out.

I agree with you @ThunderSquatch, the wording is very confusing, and I am hopeful Mike can clarify everything for us after my recent reply to him. We'll see!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I've replied a 3rd time showing him the actual order guide and the section @ThunderSquatch posted. Since our dealers will be using that and not any of the communication Ford has sent out.

I agree with you @ThunderSquatch, the wording is very confusing, and I am hopeful Mike can clarify everything for us after my recent reply to him. We'll see!
I've been following along on Twitter and tried to direct Mike's attention to the order guide. He seems to be focused on the press release.... which makes sense given he is a communications director at Ford. But press releases has nothing to do with actually ordering the Bronco.

I have a feeling Mike might be wrong. I hope he is right and the order guide is incorrect, but I don't have good feelings about it.

I guess ultimately we'll find out Wednesday, but it's raining this weekend and I got nothing better to do but obsess over this (or do the dishes, but nah... that's boring ;)).

OP
OP
JustSendItDude

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been following along on Twitter and tried to direct Mike's attention to the order guide. He seems to be focused on the press release.... which makes sense given he is a communications director at Ford. But press releases has nothing to do with actually ordering the Bronco.

I have a feeling Mike might be wrong. I hope he is right and the order guide is incorrect, but I don't have good feelings about it.

I guess ultimately we'll find out Wednesday, but it's raining this weekend and I got nothing better to do but obsess over this (or do the dishes, but nah... that's boring ;)).
Ha, yeah, I saw your message directed at him. Appreciate the help in getting his attention! I agree it does seem like he is more focused with the other back and forth he has going on with another member. I may have to find another person to contact within Ford.

I also agree that Mike may be wrong in this situation and wish he is right somehow. However, I'm holding on to hope that the order guide/pricing guide has issues, and hopefully, this is one of them.

I'm with you on not having much to do over the weekend! Having all this time to read everything Bronco is not good, as that's what I've been doing the past few months leading up to this! At least it isn't raining here; I guess I'll take the dogs for a long walk.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I sure hope it's the order guide that's wrong (and in others locations too) since it seems silly to have the 4-door base not available with MT when the 2-door is. Also you can get 4-door basemansquatch but not 4-door baseman? Weird.

Not only is it weird but herein Canada where the BB is only $1500 over Base, it actually makes the 4-door Base more expensive than the 4-door BB!
Screenshot_20210901-210049_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the order guide says you can get standard package on a wildtrak so I wouldn’t put too much faith in it’s accuracy.

OP
OP
JustSendItDude

JustSendItDude

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sure hope it's the order guide that's wrong (and in others locations too) since it seems silly to have the 4-door base not available with MT when the 2-door is. Also you can get 4-door basemansquatch but not 4-door baseman? Weird.

Not only is it weird but herein Canada where the BB is only $1500 over Base, it actually makes the 4-door Base more expensive than the 4-door BB!
Ford Bronco Mr. Levine confirms MT w/ SAS only on the 2 door BASE, not 4-door. *UPDATE* Screenshot_20210901-210049_Samsung Internet
Yup, I agree 100%. That's why I'm leaning towards Mike may be incorrect, and the 4door Base will not be available with MT/SAS. It just doesn't make sense to offer MT/SAS but not MT only with the 4door.

As @RagnarKon says, we'll find out Weds!

Concerning the price difference between Base and Big Bend. That is very interesting to see. Here in the States, we have about a $2600 price difference between the two.

Ford Bronco Mr. Levine confirms MT w/ SAS only on the 2 door BASE, not 4-door. *UPDATE* base vs big bend

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many errors in the guide. Compare the lux package codes for the BL and WT on the 21 B&P to the just released price guide. They are ass backwards.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude... we should get like... at least free stickers, or brownies, or something for knowing the answer before the communications director at Ford knows himself.

Although I'm glad he is committing to ensuring that future communications on this topic will be clear. 95% of their problems recently have been communication issues, so every little bit helps.
Sponsored