Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands, 2Dr.

How will the MT tires be for daily driving? I don't know how much I'd need the MTs (if ever). But, get them, just in case?

Also, going through the builder on Ford's website, if you toggle back and forth between the MTs and the ATs, the MTs look bigger/better (try it). They have the same dimensions, so they should look the same, right? Maybe it's just the builder?

Every time I build out my Badlands, it 'looks' better with the MTs.

Thanks!
Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think B&P shows the Sasquatch sized version of the tires on the smaller wheels when you select them. If you zoom in you can clearly see the pictures background through the area between the wheels and tires.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands, 2Dr.

How will the MT tires be for daily driving? I don't know how much I'd need the MTs (if ever). But, get them, just in case?

Also, going through the builder on Ford's website, if you toggle back and forth between the MTs and the ATs, the MTs look bigger/better (try it). They have the same dimensions, so they should look the same, right? Maybe it's just the builder?

Every time I build out my Badlands, it 'looks' better with the MTs.

Thanks!
The B&P puts a really odd gap in the 33" MTs. So odd you can see the back drop landscape. I need to see it IRL to decide.

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MT have a more aggressive tread pattern. They look bigger in every case because the tread depth is much more noticable. They will wear faster too. After about ¼ of their life they will begin to hum at speed. More on road use, stick with the ATs. Buying tires gets expensive after a while.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s been mentioned several times in different threads here, but Ford interchanges the Mud Terrain name with the Good Year Terrain tires, that are “max traction “ on the SQ package. They are an aggressive all terrain tire, but definitely not mud terrains. I believe the only Mud Terrain tire is the 33” option on the Badlands. That may be what you considering, but otherwise the Good Year Terrins should be pretty versatile from the reviews and descriptions available so far.

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we really call these Territory tires MTs though? If you'll give them "max traction" over "mud terrain" would it still be safe to assume the similar difference in driving experience, maybe just to a smaller degree?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I daily drive 2 vehicles (f150 & wrangler) with 35” true MT tires (54 miles roundtrip to/from work) average speeds of 70-75mph. I drive 20k+miles a year on my truck. Wife’s grand cherokee has AT tires as well. I rotate and balance all tires every 3k miles. Driven 60k miles on MT tires between the truck & jeep and wife has 40k miles on her AT tires. All vehicles see heavy offroad as well.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For daily driver. Go AT's. Better gas mileage, longer life, better traction on the road, less noise, more control, ever so slightly better handling. If your not going off road at least once a month or more then MT's arent a sound economic decision. If you like the bigger look, buy bigger ones when those wear down. Thats my plan and reasoning at least!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AT over a true MT (Mud Terrain) for daily driving....every time. The MT's will eventually get loud and will not do as well in inclimate weather while ON ROAD than the AT's.

The tread of the new GY Terrains looks very promising , there's a decent amount of siping, which will help for icy/snowy conditions. I'd run them and see how they did that first winter.

Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BFG KO2’s are a great tire. Unless you have a real need for something more aggressive, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed in its performance.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm getting the 35" sasquatch MT tires when the vehicle is delivered. Apparently these are technically "maximum traction" tires and not mud-terrain tires. Either way, I'll live with it for the first 40k miles or so till they wear out and replace them with BFG KO2 all-terrain tires.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s been mentioned several times in different threads here, but Ford interchanges the Mud Terrain name with the Good Year Terrain tires, that are “max traction “ on the SQ package. They are an aggressive all terrain tire, but definitely not mud terrains. I believe the only Mud Terrain tire is the 33” option on the Badlands. That may be what you considering, but otherwise the Good Year Terrins should be pretty versatile from the reviews and descriptions available so far.
Actually, the Badlands optional 33" is the same Goodyear Territory (Max Traction) tire as Sasquatch 35", just a smaller size. It has been designed specifically for this vehicle and should have better on road manners than a mud terrain.

I'm getting a non-Squatch Badlands with optional rims, but can't decide which 33" tire. I like the Territory, but sticking with the excellent K02 saves $695.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm getting a non-Squatch Badlands with optional rims, but can't decide which 33" tire. I like the Territory, but sticking with the excellent K02 saves $695.
Look at it this way....
Risk 695 and not sure if you will be happy or save 695 and get a no doubt proven tire...
Sponsored