First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe the take rate on manuals is low because for the most part dealers do not stock them. If you look at Ram trucks you had two dealers in the US (Dennis Dillon and Kernersville Dodge) that stocked large volumes of manual transmission trucks, they sold every truck they could get and people would travel over a thousand miles to buy one. Ram would only setup to run MT trucks through their plants periodically, so you could have a long wait if you ordered. Buyers like to purchase from stock on hand instead of ordering, I have heard many people say they would have bought a manual if they could have bought one from dealer stock. Since 2019 Ram has stopped building MT trucks.
I love Dennis Dillon, bought my last Ram 3500 from there, and I lived in Orange county, CA. Worth the trip for the price.
Sponsored

MT/SFA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F250 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love Dennis Dillon, bought my last Ram 3500 from there, and I lived in Orange county, CA. Worth the trip for the price.
They are a good example of a dealer not afraid to stock manual transmission trucks. I would say there were times that 20 percent or more of their 2500/3500 trucks were manual transmission. They ordered them for dealer stock in all colors and trim levels. And they sold well.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the take rate on manuals is low because for the most part dealers do not stock them. If you look at Ram trucks you had two dealers in the US (Dennis Dillon and Kernersville Dodge) that stocked large volumes of manual transmission trucks, they sold every truck they could get and people would travel over a thousand miles to buy one. Ram would only setup to run MT trucks through their plants periodically, so you could have a long wait if you ordered. Buyers like to purchase from stock on hand instead of ordering, I have heard many people say they would have bought a manual if they could have bought one from dealer stock. Since 2019 Ram has stopped building MT trucks.
Years ago, I ordered a loaded gen 2 Dakota club cab 4X4 with 318 V8 & manual transmission. The dealer screwed up the spelling of my name during the order and upon correction ordered a duplicate. Upon taking delivery, the dealer asked me if I knew anyone that wanted a loaded Dakota with a manual... I did, but upon return a few days later, they had already gotten rid of it. Don't know if they sold it or traded it to another dealer, but it didn't sit for long.
Actually the only reason I purchased from that dealer is they were the only one that had a 2WD Dakota with a manual I could test drive before ordering. Otherwise I would have purchased from a friend of the family about 250 miles away.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I had all (maybe most) of the options available without significantly derated torque/towing numbers, then YES I would pay more. I realize I'm not the mainstream buyer. However, I won't pay more if I'm stuck with a base model vehicle or engine. There are still a couple other options out there for me (Taco TRD). Okay, maybe just the one (no Fiats allowed).

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are a good example of a dealer not afraid to stock manual transmission trucks. I would say there were times that 20 percent or more of their 2500/3500 trucks were manual transmission. They ordered them for dealer stock in all colors and trim levels. And they sold well.
there was a time when my company ordered trucks with manuals, crank windows, no/ac ect because it was cheaper. We had a 1994 gmc 3500HD dually with a utility box. 454 and a 5speed. (Because the auto was another $600 or whatever) but Now it’s most times more expensive to get a manual due to destination charges
We now have a nice 2018 3500 ac crew cab 6.0 auto. With Bluetooth!

Sponsored

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The dealers are large part of the problem by not stocking manuals.
Read the fine print on loan offers, the low APR is on DEALER STOCK not cars that are ordered. So if your dealer doesn't stock manuals you get the shaft on financing.Most people are looking at payments and won't order a car because the APR goes from 2.9 to 5 for example.They buy off the lot.

This thing is supposed to be SUV, Give us a manual and an engine without hair dryers.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The dealers are large part of the problem by not stocking manuals.
Read the fine print on loan offers, the low APR is on DEALER STOCK not cars that are ordered. So if your dealer doesn't stock manuals you get the shaft on financing.Most people are looking at payments and won't order a car because the APR goes from 2.9 to 5 for example.They buy off the lot.

This thing is supposed to be SUV, Give us a manual and an engine without hair dryers.
Hair dryers? Are you even trying any more?

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No I don't care, the Bronco is going to be ruined by the non driving millennial crowd, as evidenced here.
Forced induction pre-dates water cooling. Are you mad that it's going to have radiators, too? Why are you even here?

Sponsored

Broncosaur

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forced induction pre-dates water cooling. Are you mad that it's going to have radiators, too? Why are you even here?
You can't build a turbo motor to produce predictable low end or torque values as high, the 2.3 torque curve is vertical from 2500 to 3000, try to control that on a slippery surface.